Troll Hall i-Club doesn't ban trolls. Instead, we just lock them up here. Watch out! Troll patrol is in the house!

O.t.: Wrx - 1 / Srt4 - 0

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2003, 11:17 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally posted by DDakRT
Man you really should just get outta here. You're making all Mopar owners (not just Neons) look like asses.

Show some pespect and other's will do the same. I usually don't register at other forums to post but I was this over at the SRTForum (where I saw the link at SHOForum) and you sound like a grade A jackass.

Back on topic, one thing I don't get is why you guys keep saying the WRX handles better etc. The Neon has been SCCA class champion many many times, and the Neon ACR are always a force to be reckon with in autoX events. Also from the reviews the SRT handles better than a ACR, and put some chamber plates on it the Neon will be no slouch.

And from what I've heard, the WRX is kinda soft. I don't know because I've never driven the thing, but it makes sense if it's suppose to be a rally car, you can't have a rock hard suspension in rally racing now right.
The WRX pulls some .84g on most magazine's skidpad and somewhere around 65ish mph slalom, while the Neon got .88g and anywhere from 68mph to 71 mph in slalom runs.

Can't really say the Neon can't handle I think.
By the numbers, Subarus never seem too impressive, but virtually every magazine writer who ever drove one would agree that they they are much faster on real roads than they appear based on the measurables. The average person on the average backroad can get from one point to another faster in a WRX than in a Neon, even an SRT.
Old 03-19-2003, 04:07 PM
joe

Car Info: 2002 WRB Impreza WRX
Hey SRTDriven,

I was gonna reply to your PM to me but it got deleted. As for my reply...

...What "bluff" are you talking about. I don't make bluffs. If you wanna try to challenge me to a race, I'm still up for it. whether it be from a dead stop or a roll. I'm willing to try anything with my car. But I'm not the one who started to flame here. If you remember you were claiming that your car is a 1/4 mile beast and can take out our cars (maybe a stock WRX but not mine). I don't have anything to prove to you. I know what my I'm capable of and what my car's icapable of. So if you want to race me, you will have to come my way. I live in the SF Bay area, CA. We'll make this friendly. I'm a nice guy and I'm sure you are too. Let me know bro...

~joe
Old 03-31-2003, 05:08 AM
Ed
First Troll EVA!

Can't believe I just read all that...
Old 03-31-2003, 11:30 AM

Car Info: 02 STi
SRTdriven,

I think that you should go and tell off those VW guys on their forums!! Dude they think their cars are the SH**. hahahahahaha

Even if an STR4 beats a stock wrx...at least they are in the same league (well you know what I mean). The VW guys have NOTHING!!! hahahahah. And they talk poo about the STR4 and the wrx!!!

Anyway, not taking sides here, I am not worried about any stock SRT4's........until they get the "major mods"!! A fast car is a fast car....you have to admit it!!! No matter what it is.

See ya

-freddie
Old 03-31-2003, 12:41 PM

Originally posted by Ed
Can't believe I just read all that...
You could have saved some time by just reading any one of the dude's posts like 6 times. Same effect.
Old 03-31-2003, 12:54 PM

I cannot believe you guys are still going at this...

Stock vs stock
WRX / SRT-4
1/4 : about the same SRT-4 may take it.
road Track : WRX may take it
wet/snow/dirtdry road: WRX will do it well! SRT-4 will do well on dry

no more flaming! Respect the SRT-4 for what it is!
Old 04-03-2003, 06:26 PM

Re: neon ?

Originally posted by IllNastyImpreza
um ok...lets not forget that dodge makes american cars. For years import cars looked like import cars. And American cars looked like American cars. Then a few years ago, American car manufacturers started to make thier cars more compact and "import looking". whats up with that?Did they think if they started to make thier carrs look like imports that they would actualy last as long or perform as well(over time) as imports?

Subaru has always made thier cars to be the most practicle cars around.They have always been made to last forever. But just recently has suby started to focus more on the performace aspect. But no matter what suby u have, it is fuQing bullit-proof! Come on now...how many dodge neons have u seen just this last week that are driving down the road with paint peeling off all over the thing, bent up wheels and the entire car wobbling up and down as it drives? It is rediculous to think that anyone would feel proud driving a NEON. or ANY special model or tuned version of the thing. The entire car is a joke. Look at the thing. Nothing on the entire car is unique or special. It is dodges bargan basement car, the bottom of the barrel, a go cart with 4 doors.

I have nothing more to say. I would never be caught dead driving one. and if you buy one...why? you could have spent your 20 grand or whatever the srt-4 costs on a MUCH better investment.( a used wrx or 2 door 2.5rs) And then drop your extra change into mods =)
Bulletproof? Go read the Transmission forum and let us know if you still believe that. Subarus are a higher quality than Dodge, generally speaking. But buy a $12,000 Neon and spend $2,000 in repairs over the 6-7 years you own it, and you're still ahead of spending $18,000 on an RS and nothing to fix it. Same goes for the $20,000 SRT and $23,000 WRX. People cross shopping cars like those aren't reading Consumer Reports.
Old 04-04-2003, 11:13 AM

Car Info: '98 Neon R/T
I'm just...sorry, Guys. We're talking about this infant over at Neons.org, too: http://www.neons.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=91617

Discussions like these remind of the Neon vs. Mustang threads.
Old 04-04-2003, 12:31 PM

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Mat - 98 R/T
I'm just...sorry, Guys. We're talking about this infant over at Neons.org, too: http://www.neons.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=91617

Discussions like these remind of the Neon vs. Mustang threads.
Thumbs up for the respectable Neon owner. Life, like motorsports, boils down to the driver, not the car.
Old 04-04-2003, 10:01 PM

Originally posted by vooduguru
The SRT4 is NOT a neon. The SRT is a brand in and of itself based on certain production models. E.G. The RAM, VIPER, NEON, STRATUS (next in the SRT line) etc. They are LIMITED production.
An SRT Neon is a Neon underneath just like an SVT Mustang is still a Mustang. The rest of your claims are true, although I cannot vouch for the torque steer bit since I haven't driven one. The reason we like to crow about our LSDs is actually because they increase handling thresholds, especially in 2WD cars whether they're front or rear driven. This is because your two front tires are taking different length paths to go around a corner. This means they want to spin at different rates, but cannot because they are locked together. This is why you can squeal your tire with the slightest bit of throttle in a turn on an ordinary street corner at ordinary speeds. A LSD allows the proper amount of torque to reach each wheel, and allows each wheel to spin at proper speed for the radius it is following, thus maximizing ultimate grip, and increasing the speed you can carry through the corner. Of course, none of that matters in drag racing, which is the ultimate purpose of the car.

Thanks for visiting and posting honest and sincere comments. If you want to meet more open-minded car enthusiasts, keep visiting here. More of us than not are willing to have real discussions about any car you wish.

Quick Reply: O.t.: Wrx - 1 / Srt4 - 0