Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

religion argument

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 04:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by Jin
no, i'm saying i want to live my life following what i believe. if in the end, all this afterlife and such are true, i dont understand why i would feel like a dick because there is NO WAY OF TELLING IF THERE IS AN AFTERLIFE(of course except for the bible, which is hard for me to believe as an actual story). i only follow what i know and that says afterlife cant be proven there for possibly not exist.
my friend once told me that i should put faith in god because it doesnt hurt me at all and if heaven exists, i have a little insurance to goto heaven for believing in god. but what's the point acting like i believe in it when i really dont. i dont want to lie to myself just to get into heaven, if it exists. and wont god know if i'm acting or not?
A while back, our ancestors used to get sick... some believed there was something invisible causing people to get sick that could fly through air, float in fluids, and spread to others.

A lot of people called them insane because they believed that there was no way invisible things could effect their lives. Of course we found out that there were invisible things causing sickness, disease, and death... and now call them germs.

God will try to make himself known to you, it is His character. He longs to have a relationship with all of his children. If you deny Him coming into your life time and time again, after so many times, you heart will be hardened and maybe even incapable of receiving Him like the Pharaoh in the Bible with regards to the Exodus.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:43 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
...in case you forgot...

or you can call me stupid and say i don't make sense...which is always a good card to use in any situation.
Originally Posted by irrational x
still no responce?
need a mirror?

but he refuses to accept the satan variable because it will eliminate his joy of ctrl v of his unanswered question and he wont be able to release his load all over his avatar
lunch time...ima go to the taqueria to see if i cant find Jesus in a tortilla.

Last edited by kYLEMtnCRUZr; 02-23-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:44 PM
VIP Member

ok:
fact - the gospels as we know them were written 300+ years after jesus death.

if you really want me to get into it, how about we discus horus? but first id like you to answer my last question...
Where are you getting your date from?
Old 02-23-2009, 04:44 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!
Originally Posted by medicSTi
It does not say, "In the name of God, go get some slaves because it's righteous!!" That's a gross distortion of scripture.

It does not condone slavery, it says to love your master as God loves you and to forgive him for his sins as God has forgiven you.
Actually... off the top of my head without any quotes... some leaders in the old testament not only had slaves.. but many wives as well. .

Why did this happen? It was socially and morally acceptable at the time.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:46 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Atheist checking in. I have nothing to add at this point in the thread. But I will continue to lurk because still find it interesting.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:46 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
2 is not correct
Old 02-23-2009, 04:50 PM
Jin

Car Info: 05 CGM STi to be converted to RS
soooo the egyptians, those in BC or Greeks or any of those BC civilizations, they goto hell because they never heard of the lord jesus christ? cavemen?

just saying no religion is correct. god may exist but i dont think he'll take sides. if he does, thats a naughty god.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:53 PM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
naughty god... too many images. damn you jin. and damn my imagination.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:54 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
need a mirror?
judge not lest you be judged. some humble servant of god you are. besides, i dont relish in the suffering of others as your god does.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:56 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by BoxerRumble
Your logic is flawed if that is your proof. Can you say the same if a person who lives the life believing in aliens or the Easter bunny is proof that aliens or the easter bunny do exist? Just because there is a group that believes in something doesn't make that something exist. I correct myself, God exist as a figment of one's imagination. It exist in a sense that it is made up in people's minds, but externally does not hold any bearing. God is only your truth, and no matter what anyone says, there is NO absolute truth, only the ideas we create in the world we live in. The world we live in is how we see ourselves and the world around us. Everyone sees it differently, so we aren't living in the same world. Yes the physical aspects are the same. So I guess, sure, God exist for you, but he does not for me, so do not try to argue because your "truth" is not my "truth". That is not evidence but flawed logic. The bible is definitely not proof that God exists. What if there was a book that someone wrote that proclaimed of Santa Claus' existence, or aliens, or the easter bunny, or Zeus, does that make it true? No, it does not. But it is your life, you can believe in what you want, just do not try to prove to others your world.

As for going to heaven, we humans have a hard time understanding the world without time. The universe was here, was here before anything, will be here after anything. There is no end, no beginning, just existed. As in life, we will die and cease to exist, that is hard to comprehend and scary. Religion helps people go by life easier knowing they are living for "something"...a way into heaven where you can live forever. To stop existing is a very scary thought, and many cannot handle it so they turn to religion. If it makes life easier to live for you, then be it. For me, I know that my purpose in life is to procreate and do what was evolutionarily programmed for me to do. I will enjoy life to the fullest. If any of you took a college evolution and ecology class or biology class, you will understand what is hard to understand - evolution. It is really interesting to learn and everything makes sense. Do dogs, cats, guinea pigs go to heaven? Why, they have done no good in God's foot step...do trees, flowers, shrubs go to heaven? Why not them and us? We are all product of evolution. But you say they are a product of God, so...trees go to heaven too?
The presence of God in the life of a Christian is evident to that Christian. That is what I meant.

It should also be evident to others, but may not be because there are definitely a lot of luke warm Christians out there, immature in their faith.

Show me any other book in the history of the world with more proof for it's existence than the Bible. Christianity has over 20,000 artifacts, original texts, and translations. As well as other historical writings that reference the same events and give the same story from non-Christians confirming what happened.

If you know where you came from and where you are going, then you will have a better idea how to live your life.

How would the world act if everyone believed that we came from Monkeys and where going no where after death?
Old 02-23-2009, 05:01 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by jewpac42
AFAIK they read the new testament in addition to the old testament and the book of mormon. It might not be a classical definition, but I consider any religion who believes in the teachings of the new testament to be christian.
You would think so, but if they don't believe Christ is who he is (God in the Flesh) even after reading the NT, then how are they Christian?
Old 02-23-2009, 05:04 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX wagon
i dont relish in the suffering of others as your god does.
Haha..wow.

"relish" really?
Old 02-23-2009, 05:04 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Overbear
Ahem *clears throat*

And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them

I would pretty much sum that up as one huge Grade A, prime example of hate speech, intolerance, and persecution.
Or consequence for adultery by a Holy God? The punishment for sin in the OT is death. Only in the NT though Christ are our sins forgiven with regards to salvation.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:05 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Where are you getting your date from?
the oldest surviving fragments of gospels have been dated to approx 300-400AD with the largest complete bible (the Codex Amiatinus) dating from the late 6th century.the gutenberg press was not invented until 1439

this which means no primary source can be determined, as the authors of those fragments would have to be at least 270 years old to have touched ink to paper.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:07 PM
Jin

Car Info: 05 CGM STi to be converted to RS
The presence of God in the life of a Christian is evident to that Christian. That is what I meant.

It should also be evident to others, but may not be because there are definitely a lot of luke warm Christians out there, immature in their faith.

Show me any other book in the history of the world with more proof for it's existence than the Bible. Christianity has over 20,000 artifacts, original texts, and translations. As well as other historical writings that reference the same events and give the same story from non-Christians confirming what happened.

If you know where you came from and where you are going, then you will have a better idea how to live your life.

How would the world act if everyone believed that we came from Monkeys and where going no where after death?
that is only because of the progress of human civilization, the further we go back in time, the writings that tell the story of that time deminishes. for example 2000 years from now, they will be able to look at our history and see it as if it happened a hundred years ago because of the vast written/digital texts we have now. the christianity just happened to be born at the right time. also the population and the information swapping technology. like internet, which was not available back then. china never heard of jesus but anyone can know about anything through internet these days.

Quick Reply: religion argument