Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

religion argument

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 07:52 PM

Car Info: 2003 PSM WRX, 80 Brat ready for Chevy 350 Swap.
Originally Posted by wocabin
Who makes the STi, wrx, and forester? you cant throw together 3thousand pounds of metal, glass, and rubber and end up with a car. there is a maker and it is Subaru.

If you placed all the pieces of a watch into a shoebox and shook it for ten minutes, do you belive it would shake into a functioning watch? how about for a year? or try 5 billion years? No. there is no possible way for it to happen.

and if it couldnt happen by chance to something relatively simple as a watch, it most certainly couldn't happen by chance to our magnificently complex universe.

did you know any chance in the rate of rotation of the earth would make life impossible? if the earth were to rotate at 1/10th its present rate, all plant life would either be burned at day and frozen at night. also, if the moon was located at any different distance from teh earth, the continents would be submerged by water twice a day from the moon's gravity. the two constituents of teh earths' atmosphere: nitrogen and oxygen are at a ration of 78:20. without this delicate and critical ratio, life could not exist.

I dont know about you guys, but i really believe it is hard to think all this was put in a shoe box and shook around.

Good to know there are truly faithful christians out there Medicsti.

and for all those who have been hurt by the church, i am truly sorry you had to go through it. as medicsti stated, humans are at fault for those things and i can see why you would accuse them of hypocrisy. Humans will be hypocrites. thats why i like to view christianiy, NOt as a religion, but as as Relationship between myself and God.
woo hoo.. i was about to use this same example...

bold and underlined: i view it the same way
Old 02-23-2009, 07:58 PM

Car Info: A crazy ass wagon ! Voltex and 18x9.5 +22 FTW !
Oh thats right... if all the parts of a watch are put in a box and shaken up... it wont be put back together.. BUT... if you leave it long enough ... some random unseen being will put it together for us ! woohoo ... oh wait... HOPEFULLY hes not fullfilling all these sports stars hopes and dreams that night and helping Dwayne Wade drop 38 with 10 assists on the Knicks. Gotta thank the lord.. if it wasnt for him, i coudnt have had that double double tonight !

Last edited by Shagon Wagon; 02-23-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:02 PM

So all the evidence of evolution doesnt make you think that thats how the earth was created... but some random person telling you that God was floating out in space and snapping his fingers... and what seven days later joilla .... the earth and the rest of the planets are created! awww i see how it would be tougher to believe in evolution then just a snap of the finger !
Old 02-23-2009, 08:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by Jin
all i have are theories that are supplied by theorists, physisist and scientists. and i'm sure you know the theory behind big bang or the evolution.

what i'm saying is that, what i hear from the theories make more sense than what god did. if god did make the universe, i'm sure he could have done it in 6 days, after all, he is god. science is about learning awhile the religion's way is "what we tell you is the truth".

if you really dont know the theory behind them, maybe you can watch some specials via. bittorent that explains the big bang or how the universe started.

not only that, i'm a true believer of how insignificant we, as humans are compared to the vast universe. the universe is pretty big, at this moment, we can only say that it is atleast 8.5 billion years old, thats because the furthest point we can see is how far the light has traveled, which is 8.5 billion lightyears. we cant see beyond that point so there could be another 100 billion light years or just 1 million light years more.

to get the picture, we have our solar system. then next step is the galaxy, billions and billions of stars. then beyond that are clusters of galaxies that just looks like a single galaxy, and there are countless of them. thats unthinkable numbers of planets and stars and i'm sure one of those planet is within the sweet spot of life. it could be 1 out of a billion chance but even that 1 out of a billion chance is alot compared to all the stars and planets in the universe.

and speaking of universe being 8.5 billion years old, its very possible that there has been many civilizations somewhere in the universe that has gone through what we have 3, 5, billion years ago.

all this, i cant prove and there is no way with our current technology, but just think about the numbers and its very possible.

and let me just say i'm not saying god does not exist, i'm saying there is no way to know, period. i will put my future child through church because i believe in the good values they teach. but taking the religion's teachings as fact, i dont think thats correct but that'll be up to the individual. from my perspective, until proven wrong, science makes more sense than teaching of any god. people beliving in god can be observed but unexplainable. its like ghosts, i wont believe it until i see one but some people has seen it and believes in it. it could be hallucination or real or mind tricks, who knows. I just can't believe what others tell me just because they said so.

we're still learning, thats the beauty of science. science was suppressed because it conflicted with the laws of religion. time after time, science has disproved catholic or any other religon's physical laws. i think religion is starting to evolve into more of an ideal instead of fact. ideals that'll help and guide an individual to help themself and others. awhile science teaches where we came from and where we're headed.
Great info and I respect your beliefs. But I am asking you to tell me what started it all.

Please compile an answer for me, I'd really like to know what you believe about where we come from and how we came to be, at the very beginning.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by medicSTi
Great info and I respect your beliefs. But I am asking you to tell me what started it all.

Please compile an answer for me, I'd really like to know what you believe about where we come from and how we came to be, at the very beginning.

I told you how it started ! god snapped his fingers while he was floating out in space and seven days later joilla ! ... i just dont get how he was floating in space though... who created space ?? gods dad maybe?
Old 02-23-2009, 08:07 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by wocabin
Who makes the STi, wrx, and forester? you cant throw together 3thousand pounds of metal, glass, and rubber and end up with a car. there is a maker and it is Subaru.

If you placed all the pieces of a watch into a shoebox and shook it for ten minutes, do you belive it would shake into a functioning watch? how about for a year? or try 5 billion years? No. there is no possible way for it to happen.

and if it couldnt happen by chance to something relatively simple as a watch, it most certainly couldn't happen by chance to our magnificently complex universe.

did you know any chance in the rate of rotation of the earth would make life impossible? if the earth were to rotate at 1/10th its present rate, all plant life would either be burned at day and frozen at night. also, if the moon was located at any different distance from teh earth, the continents would be submerged by water twice a day from the moon's gravity. the two constituents of teh earths' atmosphere: nitrogen and oxygen are at a ration of 78:20. without this delicate and critical ratio, life could not exist.

I dont know about you guys, but i really believe it is hard to think all this was put in a shoe box and shook around.

Good to know there are truly faithful christians out there Medicsti.

and for all those who have been hurt by the church, i am truly sorry you had to go through it. as medicsti stated, humans are at fault for those things and i can see why you would accuse them of hypocrisy. Humans will be hypocrites. thats why i like to view christianiy, NOt as a religion, but as as Relationship between myself and God.
Great post with some good examples given. I am also glad to see that there are other faithful Christians and appreciate your comment.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Shagon Wagon
So all the evidence of evolution doesnt make you think that thats how the earth was created... but some random person telling you that God was floating out in space and snapping his fingers... and what seven days later joilla .... the earth and the rest of the planets are created! awww i see how it would be tougher to believe in evolution then just a snap of the finger !

ours does not require physical proof for us to believe it is real, but since evolution is "science" you need proof in order for it to be real.. but where is the proof of Evolution from the beginning. how the earth was formed, how animals and human were created... were did the first single celled organism come from. what is sad is that evolution has almost everything after that figured out, but has nothing to produce and answer when the "beginning" question comes about... even huge Darwinist scientists get tongue tie due to the fact that they have no answer for that question that has actual proof behind it. Just watch the movie expelled and tell me what your answer is.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:11 PM

So you aggree that there is alot of proof for evolution...so your saying god created the first single cell organisms and then evolution took over from there?
Old 02-23-2009, 08:12 PM
VIP Member

I truly want to hear what those who believe in evolution and the big bang believe. I am curious. I have tried to explain what I believe and I'd appreciate if you shared your beliefs with me

1. Where did we come from.
2. How did everything come to exist. You can start from the first particle appearing from nothing.

Last edited by medicSTi; 02-23-2009 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:13 PM

Great post and a great movie. I bought it a few weeks ago. The final argument with the atheist is very interesting...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGCxbhGaVfE
You mean the Darwinist?

where he stumbles and finally tells ben stein that he has no answer with proof behind it for the beginning? and you can see it in his face that he questions his own ideal due to the fact that he has no idea how everything started and he starts to see where intelligent design has to be apart of it lol.

i laughed so hard when i saw that he agreed that intelligent design must be involved somehow lol
Old 02-23-2009, 08:15 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
What's the percentage for the Big Bang and Evolution from mud with a little lighting again?

I like my odds
we will have absolute proof of the big bag once they fire the LHC, as well we will have quite a bit of evidence that other dimensions and side pockets of time exist in the universe.

As to evolution, it was not from "mud" as you so say, but from sugars and amino acids mixing. With enough time and science we will reproduce it.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:16 PM

Its funny how he has proof for EVERYTHING BUT THE START and you laugh at him... but you have NO EVIDENCE AT ALL except what a few people wrote down about GOD all those years ago.... and the guy with all the evidence is the one being laughed at.. sad
Old 02-23-2009, 08:16 PM

So you aggree that there is alot of proof for evolution...so your saying god created the first single cell organisms and then evolution took over from there?
i agree with some portions of evolution because everything changes over time. i mean, humans have gotten smarter, and the average height is always changing and where you live depends on how you look/act. with everything starting as single celled organisms, no. i believe humans were created separately from every other animal.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:17 PM

Its funny how he has proof for EVERYTHING BUT THE START and you laugh at him... but you have NO EVIDENCE AT ALL except what a few people wrote down about GOD all those years ago.... and the guy with all the evidence is the one being laughed at.. sad
watch Expelled and you will learn that there is definitely proof. just as soon as it gets published, it gets shut down.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Overbear
we will have absolute proof of the big bag once they fire the LHC, as well we will have quite a bit of evidence that other dimensions and side pockets of time exist in the universe.

As to evolution, it was not from "mud" as you so say, but from sugars and amino acids mixing. With enough time and science we will reproduce it.
does the sugar and amino acids go with the theory behind how electricity with certain proteins caused the first cell? but that theory has been tested for years and they have no proof the electricity going through the proteins makes a cell.

Quick Reply: religion argument