Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

religion argument

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 05:29 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by medicSTi
Quote some of the lies you found for me, I am really interested in what you found.
Noah gathering up 2 of every creature on earth comes to mind. It is a physical impossibility to place 2 of every creature in a boat 500 cubits by 500 cubits by 300 cubits.

Thats not even going into the whole adam and eve stuff. Do you have any clue how genetically impossible it is to have a viable species from only 2 DNA sources? Even with 10 pairs of DNA/RNA you can not make a viable species outside of 12 generations.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:30 PM
Jin

Car Info: 05 CGM STi to be converted to RS
Originally Posted by irrational x
but at the same time, its those with power that manipulates people with faith to do what they want. religion is not at wrong here, its those that take advantages of those who believe...like how bush won the 2nd term, religion.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:32 PM

Or consequence for adultery by a Holy God? The punishment for sin in the OT is death. Only in the NT though Christ are our sins forgiven with regards to salvation.
Regardless, it is open hate speech. Speech I might point out that is held as "viable" in this modern world. You must only look to the WBC and their ilk to see what I am talking about.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by Jin
of course, i may encouter one of those enlightened moments later in my life and i maybe changed but for now, that's not the case. and for someone to tell me or quote me the passages in the bible about how non-believers goto hell, that really doesnt effect me in any way. am i suppose to get scared and start believing? only way would be for god himself to talk to me or some miracle happens by god's will.

but the thing is, if some miracle does happen to me and for someone to say it was god's work, that's just too convinient to say, isnt it? if something bad happens, its the work of satan and if something good happens, its the work of god...thats just too insanely convinient for someone to say.

its a never ending paradox and thats why i refuse to believe in words that are less than 2000 years old, modified by men, yet there has been countless religions in the human civilization. why should christianity the correct one? because its the most popular? the human civilization is not done, we're a mear moment in the timeframe of the existance of earth or universe, i really dont think we're anything special, just a spec of organism that has the great power of imagination and thinking.

i'm not refusing to believe in god, i believe there is a possibility that god exists but that's something that cant be proven until i'm dead or something like armageddon happens, where ground splits and demons start slaying humans, not when a asteroid hits earth or anything of natural disaster. for now, i cant say that god exists or not but i do firmly believe that whatever it is said on bible or koran or whaver, is not believable for me.
That was not my purpose. You asked a question, I answered and provided you with some scripture about your question.

As for your statement about questioning the works of God as not being good and the fact that Satan is responsible for evil...

If you are going to acknowledge their existence and look at their character...

How could one not understand that Satan is a fallen angel that wanted to be God himself, cast down from Heaven to the Earth... where he roams the Earth to ruin the lives of man?
Old 02-23-2009, 05:34 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Turbo Rob
Actually... off the top of my head without any quotes... some leaders in the old testament not only had slaves.. but many wives as well. .

Why did this happen? It was socially and morally acceptable at the time.
Quotes lil homie, for clarification.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by jewpac42
But there are many instances of contradictory statements to that directly from the mouth of god in the bible. As I said, it is how you interpret it.
"They shall surely be put to death" thats not interpretation, thats a direct translation from the Tora, the same translation is found in the dead sea scrolls.

No mater how much you want to sugar coat it, the bible is the worlds oldest and most popular teacher of hate, and intolerance.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:36 PM
VIP Member

the oldest surviving fragments of gospels have been dated to approx 300-400AD with the largest complete bible (the Codex Amiatinus) dating from the late 6th century.the gutenberg press was not invented until 1439

this which means no primary source can be determined, as the authors of those fragments would have to be at least 270 years old to have touched ink to paper.
Sources please.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:37 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Jin
that is only because of the progress of human civilization, the further we go back in time, the writings that tell the story of that time deminishes. for example 2000 years from now, they will be able to look at our history and see it as if it happened a hundred years ago because of the vast written/digital texts we have now. the christianity just happened to be born at the right time. also the population and the information swapping technology. like internet, which was not available back then. china never heard of jesus but anyone can know about anything through internet these days.
What makes you think God would not make Himself known? It is up to us to accept God and Christ.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:38 PM

Sources please.
Come on man, your smart enough to find some of this yourself.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:39 PM
VIP Member

i find it funny that he requests that everyone else post referenced facts and sources, then dismisses the facts posted, and proceeds to pass more of his fairy tail off as 'fact'.
I give you books, chapters, and lines. Have you given me that? Links to credible sources? Studies? Or just facts you "remember" off of the top of your head?
Old 02-23-2009, 05:40 PM
Jin

Originally Posted by Overbear
Noah gathering up 2 of every creature on earth comes to mind. It is a physical impossibility to place 2 of every creature in a boat 500 cubits by 500 cubits by 300 cubits.

Thats not even going into the whole adam and eve stuff. Do you have any clue how genetically impossible it is to have a viable species from only 2 DNA sources? Even with 10 pairs of DNA/RNA you can not make a viable species outside of 12 generations.
the y chromosome dna source was tracked down to africa.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-chromosomal_Adam

there is a possibility that the great flood did actually happen, the black sea. we're getting close to finding out that the black sea was flooded in matter of days or weeks.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sea_deluge_theory
Old 02-23-2009, 05:42 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Turbo Rob
Someone answer this for me.

If you have so much knowledge in Christianity, tell me why you follow the King James version, or the NIV bibles for that matter.

It is very clear that there are many mistranslation OR possible mistranslations of the modern biblical text. People only understanding English are so clueless to this, and it is actually quite amusing.

For a lot of words in Greek, for instance, there are multiple translations for those words. The original translators (conveniently from the church) had the option to choose meanings that better suited their purpose. For example, the first line of the "old testament" originally speaks of "Elohim". Elohim roughly means "people from the sky". It is plural.

Also, I do not think anyone here is qualified to debate about the matter.

And. I believe religion can help people for their own reasons. People are not wrong for what they believe, but if they try to justify a sacred text they should be prepared for a backlash, and this especially goes for Christians since the text of the bible was lost on several occasions and rewritten over and over again.
KJV was originally transcribed by William Tyndale as the first English Bible from the ancient texts. He devoted his life to learning the languages for tens of years prior to translation. The NIV replaces the Old English with current English.

Translation is in the very high 90% range, more than Shakespeare, and other old texts that are widely accepted. I'll try to remember to get back to that, PM me if I forget.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:44 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Overbear

What's the percentage for the Big Bang and Evolution from mud with a little lighting again?

I like my odds
Old 02-23-2009, 05:45 PM
VIP Member

Dinner Time!!! Home made Mac N Cheese FTW!
Old 02-23-2009, 05:46 PM
Jin

That was not my purpose. You asked a question, I answered and provided you with some scripture about your question.

As for your statement about questioning the works of God as not being good and the fact that Satan is responsible for evil...

If you are going to acknowledge their existence and look at their character...

How could one not understand that Satan is a fallen angel that wanted to be God himself, cast down from Heaven to the Earth... where he roams the Earth to ruin the lives of man?
what i was trying to say is that for someone, who believes in god, to tell me as events unfold, that it happened for a reason...bad or good.
but that makes me wonder, isnt that too convinient to say such thing?

if a soldier is killed in battle by bullet, it was not the will of god, it was not the will of satan, the bullet just happened to go through his body and the physics of it would explain that a man with a hole in his body will die. nothing more.

Quick Reply: religion argument