Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

religion argument

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 04:01 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!
I am God.

/close thread.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by jewpac42
Thus he is not the Messiah, when the Messiah comes he brings peace on Earth. And yes, I am completely comfortable with what happens to me in that highly unlikely and probably fictional scenario.
If you are going to be persistent in suggesting that Jesus is not the Christ, I am going to have to be persistent in asking you to please quote scripture.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:02 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX wagon
Originally Posted by onemanarmy
the real question is what just merciful god would not allow that to happen.

Is controlling just and merciful?
+1 ...
Old 02-23-2009, 04:03 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by jewpac42
Mormonism is a sect of Christianity, just like Baptist, Mothodist, Episcopalian, Catholic, Lutheran, Anglican, Calvinist, etc. etc.
I already addressed this, Mormonism does not believe in the Trinity.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:03 PM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Originally Posted by Turbo Rob
I am God.

/close thread.

dang turbo rob comes through.

also if you were god you wouldnt have to write /end thread to end this thread. bible says so.

a just and merciful god should end this godforsaken thread because i'm about to stab myself in the eye.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:05 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by matthepcat
No I think that is jehovah's witnesses. There are some very interesting rules to the Mormon church though...reading through a few.
Do you have a link? I was going off what I could find and since I was looking for the absence of something, it was hard to find out what they don't believe. But I am pretty sure Mormon's don't believe in the Trinity.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:08 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!
Originally Posted by Yin

also if you were god you wouldnt have to write /end thread to end this thread. bible says so.

a just and merciful god should end this godforsaken thread because i'm about to stab myself in the eye.
It's your choice. I give you all the choice to make things right. I forgive those who deny me. I'm all about choices everyone.

Just make sure you make the right choice... or else.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:09 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX wagon
Originally Posted by irrational x
its a simple question. if the god you love so much truely is all loving, just, and merciful, why does he allow innocent people to suffer unimaginable pain?
I assume that whatever God you are speaking of is more complex then simply all loving, just and merciful. You can't possibly know that the suffering that a God is "allowing" now is worse than some other path you or another the person may have followed.

Your making an assumption that if you love someone, your fair and have mercy, that this mean no pain ever.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:09 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Overbear
No, it wa the "fault" of the bible, its words, its message, and the people who spread said message (in that order) that caused me to "loose my faith". I found so many lies, so much hate in the words of that book. There is IMHO more hate in the bible, than in mine kamf.
You are blaming the Bible for their interpretation? Don't leave it up to interpretation by others. Reading the Bible and asking God is the best way to find the truth.

There definitely is hate in the Bible. There is also every other sin imaginable, like adultery, rape, murder, etc. But those are not the traits adored by God, in most cases they are the precursor to his wrath.

Quote some of the lies you found for me, I am really interested in what you found.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:10 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by medicSTi
An eternal God. We are all tested in our faith. Who knows exactly why God let's bad things happen to us. Maybe suffering on Earth will lead to someone finding Christ and spending eternity in Heaven instead of Hell... If that were the case, would you not prefer to suffer on Earth and find God to end up spending eternity in Heaven instead of Hell? But who knows why exactly God let's bad things happen...

Maybe because of all those bad things happening we become better people in the end? More compassionate, understanding, caring, loving, charitable, content, confident, encouraged, faithful, giving, humbled, honest, with integrity, patience, forgiving, thoughtful, thankful, wise, and stronger?

1.) god is pleased by people having faith in him
2.) people have faith / are lead to him through suffering
3.) god is omnipotent and has the power to stop the suffering but does not.

this mean god is deriving pleasure by causing suffering. that is the text book definition of psychopath.

the god you worship is a psychopath.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:11 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Yin

simple solution... stop reading the thread.
Yin

Originally Posted by Turbo Rob
It's your choice. I give you all the choice to make things right. I forgive those who deny me. I'm all about choices everyone.

Just make sure you make the right choice... or else.
ironic that god only joined in feb 09 just to see this thread, as if he knew it was coming. and the Messiah only has 73 posts? you're gonna have to do a lot more forum posting if you want world peace. and I wouldnt worry about i-club, you should check out nasioc's OT, you might be there for a while cleaning up compared to this taco stand.
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
so i started this thread earlier and havent checked it

any clear proof one way or the other? or just going around and around?
Old 02-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Jin

Car Info: 05 CGM STi to be converted to RS
Originally Posted by irrational x
how can i blame someone for something when they dont exist in the first place.

all i am asking is a simple question:

what just and merciful god would allow the level of suffering innocent people live in here on earth?
i think that was explained in a episode of south park when kyle, the jew, gets hemeroids.
"As a response, Mr. and Mrs. Broflovski read the book of Job to him (a book of the Bible) - though they do not finish it. The book of Job is about lots of awful things happening to a good person, who continues worshiping God. The lesson of the story is, God can be just or unjust and we have no way of knowing why life is the way it is because the universe works in mysterious ways. Because of all that, we should never stop believing in or worshiping God."

Last edited by Jin; 02-23-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:14 PM
Yin

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
simple solution... stop reading the thread.
kidding around. i'm just commentating. i actually think these are two good debates. well one is good. the other one is just entertaining - its like asking how many times can you guys punch each other in the face and keep telling each other you dont feel a thing.

Quick Reply: religion argument