Ongoing Projects Want to share your ongoing Subaru project with the rest of Subaru Community? Tell us what you did, how you did it and what else are you going to do.

My Ultimate 98 coupe-JDM STI ver.8 CF lightweight

Old 11-20-2007, 03:08 PM

Car Info: elcipse please dont make fun... thank you
Gotta Love The Big Boy Toys!
Old 11-20-2007, 07:37 PM

Car Info: 98RS coupe, Ver. 8 STI pwr'd
I started getting everything sorted with the DMV. Emissions is done and it's insured, I'm going to take care the title and get it inspected Friday afternoon. I have the Horn rigged to the intercooler sprayer switch but it works for now, didn't feel like running more wires through the firewall, it's a ***** to get over the cage and under the dash. I also picked up a white LED rear plate light that bolts to the plate and wired it in, so I think I have met all the requirements for a street legal car, we'll find out in a few days!
Old 11-20-2007, 07:40 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07 Car
omg BALLIN bbk on the d ride ahhah i sell gmc's pontiac and buicks them denalis have the ***** all you need is a supercharger
Old 11-20-2007, 07:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
I didn't read the entire thread (read it like a magazine, just looked for the pictures) but is the car runnin yet? I'm interested to know how you like the Rotora brakes
Old 11-20-2007, 09:47 PM

Yup, Running like a champ. Passed emissions, getting it's DMV inspection for plates on Friday. Going to talk to Clark tomorrow and set up a date for the re-tune for the new DP, and other new parts, as well as add a map for c-16 (total of 4 different fuel maps + base map). It now has everything installed to be 100% street legal.
The BBK is awesome. I have really got on them, maybe half way and it had great feel and modulation. No noise and not a lot of dust. Thumbs up.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:09 PM

I just got home, DMV Inspection went smooth as silk. They didn't even bother with the horn. I now am street legal until NOV. '09, for less than $200!
I kept the old plate, so the 'MPREZA' legacy shall live on!
Old 11-24-2007, 12:28 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
sweet congrats sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Old 11-24-2007, 12:29 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by John2.5RS
Yup, Running like a champ. Passed emissions, getting it's DMV inspection for plates on Friday. Going to talk to Clark tomorrow and set up a date for the re-tune for the new DP, and other new parts, as well as add a map for c-16 (total of 4 different fuel maps + base map). It now has everything installed to be 100% street legal.
The BBK is awesome. I have really got on them, maybe half way and it had great feel and modulation. No noise and not a lot of dust. Thumbs up.
w00t for BBKs

i have them too

they are greatness
Old 11-24-2007, 11:11 PM

Car Info: 2007 WRX Wagon
Looks super sick as I'm sure you know but please please get the 22b rear fenders fabricated and it will be show car worthy, I know you aren't wanting a showcar but it will look soo amazing..

http://www.htautos.co.uk/9.html
Old 11-28-2007, 12:16 AM

/\ I'm going to wait and see how well the front fenders hold up, I may go full widebody down the line. Still have a few more pressing issues to deal with, like the side skirts, front lip, and turbo.

Now that it's street legal, I've been driving it for an hour or so a day, just to get the feel again. I have to adjust the coilover top hats' camber adjustments, the Alignment guy forgot to and set the alignment on top first, so the alignments' little screwy (cross-castor is off, camber and toe is even)
If all goes as planned, I'm going to change air filter, fuel filter, the oil(Using Eneos (sp?) 0W-50), and re-wire the speedo in the morning, also need to install the JUN WG adj. actuator and the Prodrive 3-port boost solenoid before I head over have Clark Re-tune my car. The upper seal on my Radiator is starting to give out, Nothing major, no leaks, but I will need to address it in the near future. I'm probably going to use the Koyo I had from the old setup if it starts to leak until I can get a PWR WRX radiator. The Koyo was creating clearance issues with the upper coolant hose and the PS pulley, I need to run a slimmer radiator than the koyo.

Last edited by John2.5RS; 11-28-2007 at 11:09 PM.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:45 PM

Well, as we all know, things rarely go as planned. I installed the JUN WG actuator, and the PRodrive Boost solenoid and had talked to Clark and we were planning to re-tune it. I re-wired the speedo, and got the cluster to work.....but the ECU isn't getting a speed signal and it's saying it's always in Neutral. So the AVCS is disabled, and there's no point in tuning it. Gonna pull the dash and double check all the wiring. Been really busy getting presents for the 6 kids, so I haven't been able to touch the subi for a few weeks. kinda Sucks. But I should be able to get back to it after the Holidays. Still no word on the front lip or the sideskirts, been almost 3 months already, it's getting annoying. I'm going to figure out the wiring before I worry about the Radiator, But I think i'm going to go with a PWR WRX radiator. And one of the Perrin sway bar endlinks fell apart, going to see if I can't get a warranty on it.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:37 PM

Car Info: 02WRX>>>99Impreza GT
awesome project and progression! i still prefer the standard crystal headlights and v6 grill. but nuntheless stunning car!
Old 01-03-2008, 04:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by John2.5RS
Well, as we all know, things rarely go as planned. I installed the JUN WG actuator, and the PRodrive Boost solenoid and had talked to Clark and we were planning to re-tune it. I re-wired the speedo, and got the cluster to work.....but the ECU isn't getting a speed signal and it's saying it's always in Neutral. So the AVCS is disabled, and there's no point in tuning it. Gonna pull the dash and double check all the wiring. Been really busy getting presents for the 6 kids, so I haven't been able to touch the subi for a few weeks. kinda Sucks. But I should be able to get back to it after the Holidays. Still no word on the front lip or the sideskirts, been almost 3 months already, it's getting annoying. I'm going to figure out the wiring before I worry about the Radiator, But I think i'm going to go with a PWR WRX radiator. And one of the Perrin sway bar endlinks fell apart, going to see if I can't get a warranty on it.
that really sucks, but stuff like that always happens. good man for setting it aside for a while though, cant buy back your kids youth and you can always work on your car.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:26 AM

/\ So True.

Just had a party for the Twin boys' 9th birthday, and brought the oldest boy (15) home from bording school, it's been a busy first week of the new year.

Located a real STI S202 style wing, it's just a matter of getting it here from Australia. I found one in the states, just waiting to see if the price is good.

Still no word on the front lip and side skirts. I finally got a spare moment to bypass the WG solenoid, now it's running directly off the WG, it more driveable now. I took it over to the desert to snap a few quick pictures, I've been playing with the camera settings, I think I still need to adjust a few things, but they came out alright, I couldn' t find my tripod.
I still haven't installed the STI CF front strut brace, or the SS STI door sill plates, I have one, & I'm waiting for a friend to give me the other one.

Name:  desertcarpictures003.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  107.2 KB

Name:  desertcarpictures004.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  136.2 KB

Name:  desertcarpictures008.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  130.5 KB

Name:  desertcarpictures007.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  99.9 KB