Ongoing Projects Want to share your ongoing Subaru project with the rest of Subaru Community? Tell us what you did, how you did it and what else are you going to do.

My Ultimate 98 coupe-JDM STI ver.8 CF lightweight

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 09:26 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by John2.5RS
For sure! I'm Not moving to Cali until sometime next year, but I try and make it out there as much as possible. My baby girls' only a month old now, so I don't know how she'd take to fishing yet, but we'll find out soon enough! Check out this black sea bass we hooked!

Had to let it go, since it's an endangered species, but it had to be about 200 lbs! It's eye's were the size of a cue ball!
DUDE that sone of a ***** is a man eater hahahha

wow i need to get a lic.

i fished for flounder in the atlantic one time off NJ

but yeah i like hawaii the best

but everyone says alaska is the way to go

gotta see how the lady's sea legs are
how is the car comming along.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:37 PM

Car Info: 98RS coupe, Ver. 8 STI pwr'd
Originally Posted by sigma pi
where are you located now?

dude ill go to TJ to track down a boat hehe

wow boats are a HUGE money pit! my dad had one hehe thats how i know. unless its a real fishing boat
It's is a real fishing boat. It's Chartered out of Dana Landing, right across from Sea World. It's a 52' Hatteras "Nomad" is the name.

I'm in Phoenix right now.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:27 PM

Well, It looks like I exceeded my bandwidth, pictures should be back up by the 7th. I picked up some more parts from the painter. I finally got a few minutes to work on the Subi, installed a door handle (re-painted black), the hood scoop, and the 22b vents. Installed the JDM rear plate bracket, which also took some time to find the right drill bit and rivet combo. the kids like to drill things and not put the bits away.
Started to fabricate a mount for the rear view mirror, only to find out I can't find a bolt that fits to mount the damn thing! I went to Ace, Vato zone, and Home Depot, and no one had a bolt with the right thread pitch and size, it's an weird size and thread pitch combo. So that ate up most of the day running around trying to find that silly bolt. gonna talk to my guy Victor over at Mini Works where I got it to see WTH is up.
Should have the window trim clips sometime this week. I still have a few more minor things added to the list to order, but they're not critical to getting it running. Going to install the intercooler splitter and get the intercooler sprayer back online. Also want to install the EDFC harness and front strut brace, after I re-wire the Speedo. Need to fix the corner mounting points on the JDM rear bumper before I install it, might be able to knock it out tomorrow. I'll post some pictures after my photobucket is back online.

Forgot to mention it was 93F degrees today. I can't wait until it it cools down some, this is Nuts, it's been the hottest summer in since 1895 or something crazy like that!

Last edited by John2.5RS; 11-05-2007 at 09:06 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:32 PM

Car Info: elcipse please dont make fun... thank you
man im have funning following this one most get boring but even my gf likes this build very tasteful
Old 11-06-2007, 10:10 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by John2.5RS
, Vato zone, and Holme Depot,
fixxed it for you

and its cold here 70s are teh high
Old 11-06-2007, 04:56 PM

I know, I feel like i'm living on Hades' butthole!

Installed the JDM rear plate mount last night, and installed the JDM rear bumper today, as well as the other door handle and Zerosports intercooler splitter. I need to get some more Gorilla Snot to seal the tail lights, and then I can get some more pictures of the rear. I still have to installed the rear diffuser and figure out a mounting bracket for the rear plate lights, not a big deal right now. Also installed the black STI lugs, glad to get rid of the bright chrome rays lugs, didn't go well with my theme. should be able to post some pictures tomorrow.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:12 AM

I still have alot more work to do, but from the outside, it's about 80% done, Just need the trim, side skirts, and front lip and it will be cherry. Took a few quick pictures this morning, sorry about the bad lighting, I'm going to get some better pictures when I get all the trim installed.

Name:  newbabyandcar067.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  109.9 KB
gotta figure out the corner lights in the next few weeks
Name:  newbabyandcar076.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  137.3 KB
Name:  newbabyandcar077.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  101.1 KB
Name:  newbabyandcar072.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  123.5 KB
Name:  newbabyandcar073.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  141.6 KB
Name:  newbabyandcar071.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  137.1 KB
Name:  newbabyandcar070.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  141.3 KB
Name:  newbabyandcar068.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  135.9 KB
Name:  newbabyandcar069.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  112.7 KB

Last edited by John2.5RS; 11-07-2007 at 08:15 AM.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:30 AM

Car Info: 94 T78 Supra
project

I've nothing but time on my hands tonight and have been reading through this thread. What an incredible project, and true spirit out of an enthusiast.

Good deal .
Old 11-14-2007, 05:11 PM

Thanks!

Tyler and I fixed the voltage issues, runs great now, except now I need to figure out why the AVCS isn't working.! I installed the drivers' side window and door trim, really cleans up the car. The rest of the clips should be here by weeks end. Going to re-wire the speedo and get the edfc and intercooler sprayer going tomorrow. It sounds soooo sick, just like a race car, I love the sound of a good ol' Titanium exhaust!

On a side note, The new GT-R is going to have around 7.9 lbs/hp, with my current tune, i'm around 8.1 lbs/hp. If all goes well with the tune I think it will be around 7.7 lbs/hp with this turbo, the HKS turbo I want to get may put it a little under 6 lbs/hp, which should make for a pretty exciting car.

Last edited by John2.5RS; 12-05-2007 at 09:18 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:23 PM

Car Info: elcipse please dont make fun... thank you
its almost alive!!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2007, 06:28 PM

Car Info: civic
GREAT BUILD! props man.

ps. what was the voltage issue and how did u fix it?
Old 11-14-2007, 09:43 PM

I think it was a combination of dirty connectors and a blown fuse. Tested a different alternator and battery, only took a couple hours to track it down. The alternator was cranking out full voltage at idle.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:21 PM

I was busy most of the day with the kids, so didn't have alot of time to work on the subi, but I did get the new window guides and all the cowl, door, and window trim install and took it for a 20 min cruise, just to make sure everything is good, seems to be. I'm going to re-paint the wiper arm flat black (and get new blades, and finally get around to the speedo, PS bracket, and the EDFC, I ran out of daylight, and I didn't get much sleep last night so

I'm kinda wiped out. shound be installing them this weekend, I talk to Clark today, he's going out of town for a few days, should be back by Wed., so I should have it tuned sometime next week after Wed. I'm going in first thing on Monday to go to emissions.

Since it's my second time around trying to get a JDM ver. 8-GC project finished, I changed a few things this time that I didn't get to on the last one or things that kinda bugged me. I'm very please so far how everything is turning out so far. I'm still thinking about a few more things I can do for weight reduction, if I do find out that it's competitive on the track, but not quite as well as I think it should.
I believe these are all doable, but not needed at this point.
* CF driveshaft
*Twin-disc clutch and light weight flywheel
*lightweight Crank pulley
Completely gut the dash (remove airbox and a/c blower fan, and shave down the back side of the dash more)
*Titanium Lug nuts (a little excessive, I know, but the new Ferarri 430 Scuderia has 'em! )

one of these days i'd like to figure out the how much i'd would cost to have some Billet Aluminum spindles made, that would save a good chunk of weight, as well as an Aluminum subframe(s), ( but that's all time consuming things to think about down the road)

But the next big mod that I want to do is the HKS turbo, I think that will be an excellent addition. I'm thinking of possibly entering it in the SCC Ultimate Street Car Competition next Aug., entry deadline in March, which should give me some time to get the side skirts and the new turbo installed and tuned. I think it should do well. Then I can get it ready for SEMA 2008.

Last edited by John2.5RS; 11-17-2007 at 02:01 PM.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:26 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
Look hot, as usual. If you are ever in NorCal, let me ride along.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:57 PM

No problem!

Installed the PS bracket, and got the intercooler sprayer and edfc working. I'm going to run out and get some flat black spraypaint and new wiper blades and they should be functional Sunday. Going in on Monday for emmissions. Only need to get the speedo and horn working and i'm ready for the DMV inspection!

Quick Reply: My Ultimate 98 coupe-JDM STI ver.8 CF lightweight