Two dead in illegal drag racing accident (Was: HORRIBLE car accident in Castro Valley

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 10:26 AM

Car Info: 1996 Impreza Brighton bone stock sadly
Originally Posted by JZ oo7
you'll understand when you get older.

when i was 18, i didn't think anything bad would happen. i didn't think speed is that dangerous. racing friends on the freeway in the rain at 100mph with traffic and such. now, i don't even dare to get near 100. i don't even dare to drive 80mph on the freeway on clear days alone on the road at night!
I understand speed though, and its dangers, my best friend was killed by a speeding driver, and I know kids do stupid ****, the frontal lobe as mentioned earlier doesn't fully develop until the age of 20-21, its both good and bad, most people wouldn't get laid if it was (eg. women thinking about the precautions of prematial sex, 18 year old girls don't), yet car wrecks like this also happen, for those of us who are a little more mature at a younger age are suffering, I pay $130/month for insurance and my record is clean, no speeding tickets or accidents, this is because i'm a teenage male
Old 08-13-2008, 10:28 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
hmmmm... think you might have nailed the ebrake deal gagan. Lot of young drivers think that will stop them faster.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:30 AM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by 96Imprez
I know its a fact that most, and I stress most, teenagers are **** head drivers, but an ignorant post like stupid teenagers (which seems to be the most used post in this thread) is a blatent stereotype (like saying asians have slanty eyes), I could say stupid elderly (meaning 70's to 80's, which seems to be left off your chart) but I don't because I know that its not one group of drivers that cause all the accidents, yes its usually teenagers, but all ages do it

alright fair enough, I guess all that can be said for sure is teenagers are at least twice as likely to cause accidents but yeah theres plenty of accidents across the board.

Trannies
Old 08-13-2008, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by chriskabobbers
"he was known for his corvette"

yup, another kid trying to act cool cuz of mom and dad's money.
Gold diggers don't care where the money comes from.

When I was in HS a kid got a vette his senior year. He totaled it within a week. It ejected him through the T-top and crushed him to death.

If I were the parent of the girl I would sue the kid's parents for negligence.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:35 AM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
I understand speed though, and its dangers, my best friend was killed by a speeding driver, and I know kids do stupid ****, the frontal lobe as mentioned earlier doesn't fully develop until the age of 20-21, its both good and bad, most people wouldn't get laid if it was (eg. women thinking about the precautions of prematial sex, 18 year old girls don't), yet car wrecks like this also happen, for those of us who are a little more mature at a younger age are suffering, I pay $130/month for insurance and my record is clean, no speeding tickets or accidents, this is because i'm a teenage male
if only all the other teens think like you...
Old 08-13-2008, 10:46 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
I figured it out!

That car has great brakes and has ABS... To leave a 300ft skid mark, he'd HAVE to have pulled the ebrake as a last ditch effort...

Probably boiled the fluid in the run through the canyon and he then hit super sonic speed, hit the brakes, pedal to the floor... and in a last attempt, yanked the ebrake. ABS would've worked to get the car to a stop (or at least slow the car), and not have locked up like that.

Naw, there's no way he had boiled brake fluid because he wasn't in a canyon that would require brakes... Its pretty straight with minimal turns... His skid marks had all 4 tires marked on the pavement which means that he was skidding sideways, or almost sideways which explains why there were skidmarks.

It looked like he was turned about 1/4 turn, not completely sideways but not straight either.

Either way he's an f'ing douchebag for doing what he did.

Apparently he was some good kid who apprently went to Mexico on his summer vacation to help orphan kids or something... then he comes home and helps a girl die.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:07 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by brucelee
Naw, there's no way he had boiled brake fluid because he wasn't in a canyon that would require brakes... Its pretty straight with minimal turns... His skid marks had all 4 tires marked on the pavement which means that he was skidding sideways, or almost sideways which explains why there were skidmarks.

It looked like he was turned about 1/4 turn, not completely sideways but not straight either.

Apparently he was some good kid who apprently went to Mexico on his summer vacation to help orphan kids or something... then he comes home and helps a girl die.
Still poor judgment.

I know great kids, who've all mad some super poor judgments. I really hate how family members and friends try to make excuses or try to butter up his image. His actions speak 10x more than their words.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:11 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by brucelee

But that might be true if he's going like 60mph, but he's likely going 150+ (that year corvette CAN do about 180) , I'm sure he'd be needing some brakes, and if the fluid is old and moisture absorbed, the pedal would become mush in just a few seconds.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:13 AM

Car Info: 2016 FXT
lol @ 18 year old MAN and wtf driving a corvette?
Old 08-13-2008, 11:13 AM

Car Info: BMW 525i E39
Originally Posted by JZ oo7
you'll understand when you get older.

when i was 18, i didn't think anything bad would happen. i didn't think speed is that dangerous. racing friends on the freeway in the rain at 100mph with traffic and such. now, i don't even dare to get near 100. i don't even dare to drive 80mph on the freeway on clear days alone on the road at night!
same here bro ..... used to drive a lot faster ... racing and stuff but learned it the hard way ... now i rarely go close to 70 mph ... just drive slow and even get honked so many times for driving slow
RIP the innocent and cute girl.
nothing to say about that guy ...
Old 08-13-2008, 11:14 AM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
Originally Posted by lanz0r
I was told its attempted manslaughter if you get caught going over a certain speed with someone else in the car?
The drunk driver who hit me got attempted vehicular manslaughter on 3 people. He was also estimated going 120 when he hit me.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:28 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by Gibz
The drunk driver who hit me got attempted vehicular manslaughter on 3 people. He was also estimated going 120 when he hit me.

Man, I'm (and I speak for everyone) sooooooo glad you're okay! It could have been soooooooooo much worse than it was. Good old Subie safety.

And F' that guy... Hope he gets cancer and AIDS
Old 08-13-2008, 11:31 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
For the most part, ABS doesn't work at those crazy speeds. I've left plenty of skid marks on roads going to fast and having to hit the brakes in cars with ABS and I still manage a tire smoking skidding stop. Not 300ft, but I also wasn't going over 100mph at the time I had to stop.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:33 AM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
I am not "ok" i am alive though. I will have problems for the rest of my life but i am learning to adjust to my new life.

And yeah after i heard he did a bankruptcy on my lawsuit i said i hoped he got butt raped and his guts fell out his butt. :/ I was the 3rd dui accident he had gotten into and he was 26 yrs old.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:34 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
Originally Posted by Gibz
I am not "ok" i am alive though. I will have problems for the rest of my life but i am learning to adjust to my new life.

And yeah after i heard he did a bankruptcy on my lawsuit i said i hoped he got butt raped and his guts fell out his butt. :/ I was the 3rd dui accident he had gotten into and he was 26 yrs old.
Some people just need to be ended.

Quick Reply: Two dead in illegal drag racing accident (Was: HORRIBLE car accident in Castro Valley