rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 05:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Originally Posted by scarface
What up Cliff!!!!!!!! almost time to go nuts huh?!?!?

hopefully its a good snow season. So whats new bro?

E
?Que pasa?, Eli. I've been doing my "snow dance" regularly, but I'm looking to up the ante. Unfortunately I'm having trouble locating virgin princesses to sacrifice. I'm w/ ya on some serious dumpage this season. Hopefully we can take more than a couple runs together this time around, eh? Mea culpa, bruddah. I'm sure a buncha us will be getting a trip or two put together. Looks like we're gonna get serious on the planning sometime after the area expo's have come thru. Btw, you get a pass to anywhere this year?
Old 09-19-2007, 09:43 PM

Car Info: 2012 G37S / Sold 06 WRX
By looking at the SacSnow.com (assuming its the same as the one in San Jose) it looks like its gonna be a N*/Sierra lift ticket.

Just about 2 months to go till those boards come out from storage... where did you guys store yours? Any people mount theirs on a wall?

Friend on the xB forums pointed this board out to me... its pretty sick. 158 tho, way too big for me.

http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f55/132...m-snowboard-s/
Old 09-19-2007, 09:55 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
lol jdm board

hm picking up a pass might be a good idea
Old 09-20-2007, 06:13 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by vik682
By looking at the SacSnow.com (assuming its the same as the one in San Jose) it looks like its gonna be a N*/Sierra lift ticket.
The Sac expo ticket offer is different fr: the San Jo show's. At least that's how it's been for the last 3.

Like ya said, as advertised on their website, the Sac expo gives a voucher that are "good at either Northstar-At-Tahoe or Sierra-At-Tahoe resort, valid Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday throughout the entire 07/08 season. Some restrictions apply."

Btw, they need to update/correct the season's years on that site.

The San Jo show typically gives out a voucher good for one "chunk" of resorts Mon thru Fri of the week immediately after New Year's, and then a different "chunk" Mon thru Fri the following week.

I miss the days when BEWI sports put on the show, and we had to "trade" one ticket voucher for another when the random drawing spit out a resort we didn't care for. The system now is good though b/c ya get more time to check out the booths, demo's, etc.

Can't wait to get my slide on! The various pix & video of the dusting fr: this unusual winter-like system are such a tease! Hopefully, by the time we attend these expos, our 1st turns will be just around the corner!
Old 09-20-2007, 06:31 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
with the price of lift tickets these cheap *** resorts should be willing to just give vouchers out for any time use.

how's the snowbomb card look his year?
Old 09-20-2007, 07:27 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
with the price of lift tickets these cheap *** resorts should be willing to just give vouchers out for any time use.
Amen, bruddah!

Originally Posted by OMA
how's the snowbomb card look his year?
Here ya go.
Looks like they have a few options this time around. I'll probably go w/ the GOLD, but 10 more bux ain't bad to also ride Incline Village. It's one of the few spots I've never been & have always wanted to check it out.

SnowBomb's also got a helluva deal for an UNRESTRICTED Kirkwood season pass for only $399! Wowzers!

After talking w/ El Jefe @ the Duke last nite, we gotta set up a trip to Homewood sometime this year!
Old 09-21-2007, 09:10 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by boardoholic
Amen, bruddah!

Here ya go.
Looks like they have a few options this time around. I'll probably go w/ the GOLD, but 10 more bux ain't bad to also ride Incline Village. It's one of the few spots I've never been & have always wanted to check it out.

SnowBomb's also got a helluva deal for an UNRESTRICTED Kirkwood season pass for only $399! Wowzers!

After talking w/ El Jefe @ the Duke last nite, we gotta set up a trip to Homewood sometime this year!
They need to do a snowbomb card for people that are veterans man. The best deals on those cards are for NOOBS. TONS of rental deals. It's really only worth it to get the free $70 kirkwood lift ticket and a few 10% off deals.

I'm always down for hoewood. Just has to be peak season. Have to time a storm.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:09 PM

Car Info: 2012 G37S / Sold 06 WRX
yea after hearing you talk about homewood... that place looks awesome and I'm pretty sure the videos they have on their site doesn't do the mtn justice.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:25 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX STI
?Que pasa?, Eli. I've been doing my "snow dance" regularly, but I'm looking to up the ante. Unfortunately I'm having trouble locating virgin princesses to sacrifice. I'm w/ ya on some serious dumpage this season. Hopefully we can take more than a couple runs together this time around, eh? Mea culpa, bruddah. I'm sure a buncha us will be getting a trip or two put together. Looks like we're gonna get serious on the planning sometime after the area expo's have come thru. Btw, you get a pass to anywhere this year?
haha sounds great bro!!! good luck on the virgin princess, lol. yeah hoping for a great season. Definitely gotta take a few more runs this time around! Looks like i am going back to heavenly this season. let me know the plans, im down. ride on bruddah!

E
Old 09-21-2007, 03:00 PM
VIP Member

Tahoe Weather Update

The Zone Forecast of the National Weather Service...
GREATER LAKE TAHOE AREA-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...SOUTH LAKE TAHOE...TAHOE CITY...
TRUCKEE...MARKLEEVILLE...GLENBROOK...INCLINE VILLAGE
221 PM PDT FRI SEP 21 2007

...LAKE WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM PDT THIS AFTERNOON...

.TONIGHT...CLOUDY WITH ISOLATED SHOWERS IN THE EVENING...THEN
SCATTERED SHOWERS AFTER MIDNIGHT. SNOW LEVEL LOWERING TO 8500
FEET. SNOW ACCUMULATION UP TO 3 INCHES. LOWS 40 TO 50. EAST WINDS
10 TO 15 MPH. RIDGE GUSTS UP TO 50 MPH.

.SATURDAY...SHOWERS IN THE MORNING...THEN NUMEROUS SHOWERS IN THE
AFTERNOON. SNOW LEVEL 8000 FEET. SNOW ACCUMULATION UP TO 4
INCHES.
HIGHS 49 TO 59. LIGHT WINDS BECOMING SOUTHWEST 10 TO 20
MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH IN THE AFTERNOON.

.SATURDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE
EVENING...THEN SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AFTER MIDNIGHT. SNOW
LEVEL 7500 FEET. LOWS 33 TO 43. SOUTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH
WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH IN THE EVENING.

.SUNDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY WITH A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE MORNING.
HIGHS 55 TO 65. SOUTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH SHIFTING TO THE
NORTH IN THE AFTERNOON.

.SUNDAY NIGHT...CLEAR. LOWS 33 TO 43. EAST WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:08 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by vik682
yea after hearing you talk about homewood... that place looks awesome and I'm pretty sure the videos they have on their site doesn't do the mtn justice.
Awww... Rats! The secret's out! What I meant to say was...
Please stay away. This place is haunted. The lifts break down all the time. The terrain sux big time. It's always super crowded.

Originally Posted by scarface
haha sounds great bro!!! good luck on the virgin princess, lol. yeah hoping for a great season. Definitely gotta take a few more runs this time around! Looks like i am going back to heavenly this season. let me know the plans, im down. ride on bruddah!

E
Yeah, their pass is one helluva deal! How can ya resist? Like every other resort, it has its pros & cons. A lotta mtn (if ya know where to find the spots & how to get to 'em) at a very reasonable pricepoint.

Happy Sliding!
Old 09-21-2007, 03:27 PM
General Pimpin'

I can't believe bear valley's season pass is up to $499....that's just friggen rediculous. Means you have to go 11 times to pay it off. Used to be like 5/6 times could pay it off.

Stupid thing is they have a "Renewal" price...it's the same ****ing price...

I've been talking to them for YEARS to have kick backs for season pass renewals. Keep people doing it year after year. As it is now I do it every other year. Only time it's really worth it. You buy at the end of one season..get like 5-10 days in then the next season is pretty much free. When you already have one you can't work it like that. I hate the new owners of bear valley. They're ****ing everything up.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:06 PM

Car Info: sti ltd
The Zone Forecast of the National Weather Service...
i am so hoping for a decent winter this year - really hope this is a good sign...
Old 09-21-2007, 06:22 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
Ive thought of hiking up gunbarrel at heavenly lol, once you are mid mountain and stay off the big lifts youre fine. i probly couldnt do it in the snow, but i hiked to the top of squaw valley in the summer, wasnt bad at all and would be $70 in your pocket

i hate how resorts are like "we put $5 million dollars into the mountain for you!" i dont give a F, leave it alone and give me a cheaper lift ticket.

i hate the San jose snow show free lift ticket, 3 chunks of the year only good for certain places, i didnt even use mine last year.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:40 PM

Car Info: Toyota
do you guys know where i can look at some cabins in tahoe online to book a time share? me and a bunch of friends are planning to rent one this season.

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.