rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 01:06 PM

Car Info: '97 Grandpa Gold Jetta
Still sick to meet him, who knows when that chance will happen again.

He seems like a good guy, when I first saw him in films I used to think "this guy looks like he'd be a dick in person" hahahaha but then I saw a film that showed more of his character and he turned out to be a really cool, heads up person.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:40 PM

saw Deeper last night

sick vid
Old 09-14-2010, 04:58 PM

Car Info: 07 specB
just grabbed a 2010 Burton Blunt 155 Vrocker on impulse considering i have a 2008 Nitro Swindle 157 in pretty good shape still! cant wait to rip that v-rocker tho! This year is gonna be awesome! Just switched to Union bindings late last season after i snapped my Burton Missions in half, getting new 32Lashed boots in like a month too!

Dave (VAJ) you snowboard?!?!? WE have to get together this season!

oh and if you havent seen "right brain, left brain" go get it! its a bunch of urban stuff but the level of creativity, style, and skill is unreal!
Old 09-14-2010, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by scoo*B
oh and if you havent seen "right brain, left brain" go get it! its a bunch of urban stuff but the level of creativity, style, and skill is unreal!
Just saw a teaser and was really impressed, some sick riding indeed.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:10 PM
vaj

Car Info: 2004 Big Booty STi with a two finger gap.
Originally Posted by scoo*B
just grabbed a 2010 Burton Blunt 155 Vrocker on impulse considering i have a 2008 Nitro Swindle 157 in pretty good shape still! cant wait to rip that v-rocker tho! This year is gonna be awesome! Just switched to Union bindings late last season after i snapped my Burton Missions in half, getting new 32Lashed boots in like a month too!

Dave (VAJ) you snowboard?!?!? WE have to get together this season!

YES! We should ride! I'm stoked to be back in Cali for this season. I got 6 days last year at the wood when I was living in Hawaii still. Hope to get more this year now that I'm much closer!
Old 09-15-2010, 09:46 PM

Car Info: Audi Q5 aka "the old man wagon"
Got my snow tires ready, and should have mud/snow flaps in time. I can't wait for the season to open. Last year I only got up to Tahoe 5 times and only once on my new skis.
You guys mainly do Sierra, North Star, Boreal? Anyone up for Heavenly?
Old 09-15-2010, 09:49 PM

Car Info: Evo X GSR, F250 Powerstroke Diesel
I like to drink and gamble while you guys are on the slopes, and then drink and gamble some more when you guys get back....everyone wins
Old 09-15-2010, 09:50 PM

Car Info: 2010 wrb WRX wagon
I have not been to any of those in quite a long time. I actually frequent Dodge Ridge and have been going out towards the backcountry more and more every year. I have a free pass for Alpine, so I will be using that this next season, and also, having plans to hit up Kirkwood a couple times. How crowded do Sierra, North Star, and Heavenly usually get now?
Old 09-15-2010, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by kyle16
I have not been to any of those in quite a long time. I actually frequent Dodge Ridge and have been going out towards the backcountry more and more every year. I have a free pass for Alpine, so I will be using that this next season, and also, having plans to hit up Kirkwood a couple times. How crowded do Sierra, North Star, and Heavenly usually get now?
From my small amount of experience, went to Northstar once and the lines were packed but the trails weren't too bad. Sierra on the other hand wasn't nearly as packed.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:13 PM

On weekends north star is sorta rediculously crowded. Heavenly depending on the side of the mountain can be anywhere from get right on to a 30 min wait, but I know from experience boarding at heavenly is kinda tough because there are some flat areas, one reason I like my skis. As far as Sierra its usually pretty quiet.
I've actually never been to Dodge Ridge or Kirkwood so that could be fun. Day trips or rent a cabin/hotel room?
Old 09-15-2010, 10:46 PM

Car Info: 2010 wrb WRX wagon
Well, that is the main reason I go to Dodge Ridge. My friend's parents own a cabin and we are both really into snowboarding, so we make trips there quite a bit. Dodge is a nice a quite place though. Even on presidents day weekend, the longest I will really ever wait is about 20 or so mins in a line. Usually, it is about a 5-10 min wait. That being said, there is not a whole lot of challenging terrain there (without doing a lot a exploring over the years), so that is what started us into the backcountry.

As for Tahoe, I have done both day trips and weekend excusions. I prefer grabbing cheap room (relatively at least) when in Tahoe just because I am not so tired or feel rushed. The bills will add up quick though cause you can't say no to Stateline.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:11 PM

Car Info: 2000 SRP 2.5RS
Originally Posted by SR20steve
I like to drink and gamble while you guys are on the slopes, and then drink and gamble some more when you guys get back....everyone wins
Just drink ON the slopes... thats how you do the mountain right
Old 09-15-2010, 11:12 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX Wagon
seems like lots of u guys are into back country stuff, unfortunately i was born and raised in the park but id really like to get out of my niche and try new stuff. im sure all of you have seen This Video Sucks (my main influence)
Old 09-16-2010, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by kyle16
Well, that is the main reason I go to Dodge Ridge. My friend's parents own a cabin and we are both really into snowboarding, so we make trips there quite a bit. Dodge is a nice a quite place though. Even on presidents day weekend, the longest I will really ever wait is about 20 or so mins in a line. Usually, it is about a 5-10 min wait. That being said, there is not a whole lot of challenging terrain there (without doing a lot a exploring over the years), so that is what started us into the backcountry.

As for Tahoe, I have done both day trips and weekend excusions. I prefer grabbing cheap room (relatively at least) when in Tahoe just because I am not so tired or feel rushed. The bills will add up quick though cause you can't say no to Stateline.
Ahh nice. Yeah my parents used to have a cabin 2 miles from Heavenly so I spent all my time there. Now i just stay at Monte Bleu. The bills really add up when I stay there, stupid $5 slots being so tempting.

I'm up for trying new slopes. Might have a few others up for it too.
Plus the backcountry will be great on my new skis, got some twin tip power skis.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:08 AM

Sounds like we have a really good group of riders, from park to backcountry Hope to get out there with all or most of you, I've got a lot I want to learn and I'm not getting any younger haha

If anyone is shopping around for a complete setup (board, boots, bindings) came across this deal and wanted to pass it on.....

Found this special offer on snowboards.net. If you purchase a Ride DH2 LE snowboard you get FREE Ride Deuce LE snowboard boots and FREE Ride Contraband LE snowboard bindings. The boots sell for $199.95 and the bindings sell for $219.95 so that's $420.00 worth of free stuff.

FYI...you have to put all 3 items in your cart for the boots and the bindings to show up free.

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.