rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 01:09 PM

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Originally Posted by 04Impreza
I gotta 686 jacket thats pretty light weight. Cant remember the name of it but its a white jacket with green and blue strips like a grid and it says 686 here and there. Its a large or XL but fits me pretty good and in great shape. Hit me up if interested.

If Boreal really opens this next weekend and has good snow, I might just have to hit it up Gotta get back on the snow!!
I am 6 ft but super skinny so L or XL might be too big for me
Old 10-24-2010, 02:12 PM

Car Info: WRX
Originally Posted by NorCalDC5
These days it's all about the 5xl Tall. Clearly an XL would be too small for you!
Old 10-24-2010, 02:23 PM

Car Info: '97 Grandpa Gold Jetta
Originally Posted by NorCalDC5
Oh ok, the guy I bought it from was 6'1" and 180lbs and fit him good. Im 5'9" 200lbs and has a good fit, not as long as other jackets I have. Could actually wear it as a normal jacket haha
Old 10-24-2010, 02:36 PM

Car Info: 2002 Black Subaru WRX Sedan Stage 2
Originally Posted by bkblitzed
Cant wait till December so i can drive to Tahoe. Ive boarded all together like 3 times. Only once in Tahoe and that was in heavely or w/e. Anyone else know a great place to board?
I go to Northstar. Pretty much the biggest park in Tahoe, but like everyone says, crowded on weekends. You can pay extra to go in a faster moving line though.

Squaw is massive, well organized, and the lines move quickly. Nice place when there's fresh powder and you can go into the woods. Lots of mogul runs though...

Heavenly kind of sucks for boarders. Too many flat spots, so you get stuck if you don't know where you're going, and it's hard to get around there.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:22 PM

Northstar just got bought for $63 million by Vailes. Things look really interesting for season pass holders. They offer an Epic Pass that previously covered Heavenly and a handful of Colorado resorts for $629, now Northstar is included in that package making it the deal of the century season pass. That is, if you go to Colorado If not, your still getting access to Heavenly, Sierra At Tahoe, and Northstar for cheaper than the $$$$ Double Whammy. Doesn't say what happens to people with the college student season passes (since you get a great deal I think you just get the additional Colorado resorts and Heavenly; no refund) but for people that bought the unlimited pass you'll be able to exchange your Double Whammy for an Epic pass and receive a $100+ refund.

http://www.snow.com/info/northstar.aspx

Vail Resorts Acquires Northstar-at-Tahoe Resort in California, Expanding Its Collection of Premier North American Mountain Resorts
For Immediate Release

Investor Relations: Hayley Wolff, (303) 404-1827, hwolff@vailresorts.com
Media Relations: Kelly Ladyga, (303) 404-1862, kladyga@vailresorts.com

Vail Resorts Acquires Northstar-at-Tahoe Resort in California, Expanding Its Collection of Premier North American Mountain Resorts

BROOMFIELD, Colo.—Oct. 25, 2010—Vail Resorts, Inc. (NYSE: MTN) today announced that it has closed on the acquisition of Northstar-at-Tahoe™ Resort in North Lake Tahoe, Calif., one of the premier mountain resort destinations in North America. Vail Resorts acquired the stock of the companies that operate Northstar-at-Tahoe from Booth Creek Resort Properties LLC and other sellers for total consideration of $63 million. The operations of Northstar-at-Tahoe are conducted on land owned by CNL Lifestyle Properties, Inc. which will be leased to Vail Resorts under a long-term agreement. Vail Resorts now operates two mountain resorts in the Lake Tahoe region, also operating Heavenly Mountain Resort in South Lake Tahoe. The Sierra-at-Tahoe resort is not part of the acquisition and will continue to be operated by Booth Creek.

“We are thrilled by the opportunity to bring Northstar-at-Tahoe into our family of world-class mountain resorts. With substantial and diverse ski terrain, a completely renovated and modern base village and outstanding guest service, Northstar-at-Tahoe has been one of the fastest growing mountain resorts over the past few years,” said Rob Katz, chairman and chief executive officer of Vail Resorts. “We believe guests of Heavenly and Northstar will greatly appreciate the flexibility to enjoy both the north and south shores of Lake Tahoe as we introduce pass and lift tickets products that offer access to both resorts starting with this coming 2010-2011 ski season.”

Northstar is host to a new base area village featuring 35 unique shops and restaurants in more than 100,000 square feet of commercial retail space, a conference center, a 9,000-square-foot skating rink, on-site lodging, special events and more. A winter sports paradise, the mountain offers 19 lifts, 92 ski trails spread across 3,000 acres, snowmaking that covers 50 percent of the ski trails, seven terrain parks and snow sports including alpine and telemark skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and tubing. Summer activities include mountain biking, golfing, scenic lift rides for sightseeing and hiking, fly-fishing and more. During the 2009-2010 ski season, Northstar-at-Tahoe saw more than 700,000 skier visits.
Last winter season, The Ritz-Carlton Highlands, Lake Tahoe was unveiled at mid-mountain featuring ski-in, ski-out access; mountain valet services; Manzanita, the resort’s signature restaurant created by renowned San Francisco celebrity chef Traci Des Jardins; and a 17,000-square-foot spa and fitness center. The year-round resort property includes 170 guest rooms, 23 private Ritz-Carlton Residences and 25 Ritz-Carlton Club fractional ownership units. The resort installed and operates the new Highlands Gondola with eight-passenger cabins, providing a direct connection between the Village at Northstar™ and The Ritz-Carlton Highlands, Lake Tahoe. Northstar also expanded and redesigned its beginner teaching area to include more of the sculpted Smart Terrain™ that the resort has successfully demonstrated helps to improve the learning curve for beginner skiers and snowboarders.
Break down of passes:

Epic Season Pass: The revolutionary Epic Season Pass features unlimited, unrestricted skiing and riding at Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone and Arapahoe Basin in Colorado and Heavenly in California/Nevada at $629 for adults and $329 for children (ages 5-12) through Nov. 7, when sales end. Epic Pass holders will now also receive unlimited, unrestricted access to Northstar-at-Tahoe and Sierra-at-Tahoe - eight great resorts in total for the 2010-2011 ski season.
Epic 7-Pack: New this season, the Epic 7-Pack features seven days of unrestricted skiing and riding at Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Arapahoe Basin and Heavenly at $479 for adults and $239 for children through Nov. 7, when sales end. The Epic 7-Pack can now be used at Northstar-at-Tahoe and Sierra-at-Tahoe for the 2010-2011 ski season as well.
Northstar-at-Tahoe 2010-2011 Season Passes:

Double Whammy Unlimited-Adult: The Double Whammy Unlimited Pass offers unlimited, unrestricted skiing and riding at Northstar-at-Tahoe and Sierra-at-Tahoe resorts at $799 for adults. Existing pass holders will be able to exchange their Double Whammy Unlimited Pass for the Epic Season Pass ($629) and receive a refund for the difference in the price (over $100 in most cases). Moving forward, we will promote the purchase of the Adult Epic Season Pass, providing unlimited and unrestricted skiing and riding at eight resorts at a much lower price than the Adult Double Whammy Unlimited.
Double Whammy Unlimited-Teen/Child: Offering unlimited, unrestricted skiing and riding at Northstar and Sierra, the price of the teen ($449) and child ($119) pass will remain unchanged. Teens will have the option to upgrade to an adult Epic Season Pass. Children will have the option to upgrade to a Child Epic Season Pass or a Child Heavenly Pass.
Double Whammy Limited: The Double Whammy Limited offers skiing and riding at Northstar all season long with 10 restricted dates and unlimited, unrestricted skiing at Sierra at $519 for adults and $299 for teens. Adult pass holders will now receive skiing and riding at Heavenly, with the same restricted dates as Northstar. Teens will have the option to upgrade to a Teen Heavenly Pass at $309.
Double Whammy Value: The Double Whammy Value offers skiing and riding at Northstar and Sierra with some restricted dates and no access to Northstar on Saturdays between Dec. 18, 2010 and March 26, 2011. Pass holders will now also have access to Heavenly with the same restricted dates. The pass price is $419 for adults.
Northstar Only Pass: The Northstar Only Pass offers skiing and riding at Northstar on weekdays only at $319 for adults; not valid at Heavenly.
Sierra Only Pass: Will remain valid at Sierra; not valid at Heavenly, Northstar or other resorts.
Heavenly 2010-2011 Season Passes:

Heavenly Pass: Ski and ride at Heavenly all season long at $379 for adults, $309 for teens and $199 for children. Some restricted dates apply. Heavenly Passes will now offer access to Northstar and Sierra with some restricted dates; not valid at Northstar on Saturdays from Dec. 18, 2010 through March 26, 2011.
Colorado 2010-2011 Season Passes:

Colorado Pass: The Colorado Pass features unlimited, unrestricted skiing and riding at Breckenridge, Keystone and Arapahoe Basin and 10 days at Vail and Beaver Creek at $479 for adults, $359 for teens and $239 for children through Nov. 7, when sales end. Some restricted dates apply at Vail and Beaver Creek. The Colorado Pass will now feature five free days of skiing and riding at either Heavenly or Northstar; some restricted dates apply.
Summit Pass: The Summit Pass offers unlimited, unrestricted skiing and riding at Breckenridge, Keystone and Arapahoe Basin. $429 for adults, $339 for teens and $229 for children through Nov. 7, when sales end. Not valid at Vail, Beaver Creek, Heavenly, Northstar or Sierra.
EpicMix:

A new online and mobile application that offers skiers and riders a seamless and effortless way to digitally capture and share their mountain experience, EpicMix will be available for guests at Northstar at the start of the 2011-2012 season. EpicMix automatically collects the ski and ride stats of guests throughout each of its resorts, by leveraging Vail Resorts' state-of-the-art radio frequency (RF) scanners installed at each of its 89 lifts across Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone and Heavenly. An RF-enabled chip embedded in Vail Resorts' season passes and PEAKS lift tickets will automatically track guests' lift rides, calculating vertical feet skied and days on the mountain and will recognize special achievements and accomplishments by granting guests commemorative, collectible digital pins. EpicMix will have hundreds of available digital pins for a multitude of unique experiences available at each resort.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:22 PM

Car Info: 07 Legacy GT Wagon
WOW!!! I'm placing my order for an Epic Season Pass immediately. That's an amazing deal.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:44 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
I get to go snowboarding here on thursday woot woot

had to share
Old 10-26-2010, 06:22 AM

Car Info: 2009 Subaru WRX Hatchback
interested in seeing what happens to the college double whammy pass since I bought one at the end of last season.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:34 AM

Snows falling and Boreal is suppose to open Friday. If the snow looks good via webcam Im going up Saturday, anyone else think they'll go? I hear Boreal isnt that great, but figured its better than nothing and a good spot to get back into riding.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:09 PM

Car Info: WRX
Originally Posted by 04Impreza
Snows falling and Boreal is suppose to open Friday. If the snow looks good via webcam Im going up Saturday, anyone else think they'll go? I hear Boreal isnt that great, but figured its better than nothing and a good spot to get back into riding.
I hear they're not opening this weekend because it's going to snow more.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:57 PM

Damn that would suck. But why wouldnt they open especially if its going to snow more? Wouldnt that be a better reason to open this weekend?
Old 10-26-2010, 01:06 PM

Just read on another forum that a member called Boreal and staff member told him they're tentatively going to open Friday. All depends if its cold enough. If it is, snowmachines will keep going. I think the weather forcast was 20s-50s for this week, maybe lower which Im praying for.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:13 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
let's get some sonow so I can use my double wammy!!
Old 10-26-2010, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
let's get some sonow so I can use my double wammy!!
Lol still need to get mine along with swapping my clutch and possibly get snow tires or better all-seasons. Thank God I already bought all my gear lol
Old 10-26-2010, 04:03 PM

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Where is the best place to buy a double whammy? And what proof do they need that you are a student?

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.