Official: Oakland Raiders 2013/2014 Season Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 10:39 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
The team has no freakin clue where it's going and that's an issue.

Seriously.

Dude was a terrible coach but more than anything he's a terrible leader. No emotion. No leadership. Do doesn't even look like he wants to be there. Players don't get behind people that don't care.

Reggie is in the same boat. He has no idea where the team is going. If the people in charge don't know where the team is going then how the hell are the players going to know wtf to do?

I pointed it out in the draft and so far I'm right.

They brought in Shaub to give them a couple years to develop and/or draft a start now QB. Then Carr fell to them and they moved on him. I had no faith in that pick. Carr actually looks half way decent but he really could have used 1-2 years to develop. If they didn't have faith in Schaub they should not have brought him in.

They could have drafted a WR there... or Hyde.

The only saving grace is moving on Mack. That dude has a big future.

Mc has potential to build a decent team but it's like his confidence gets in the way... or lack there of. He needs to make decisive moves. Ignore the press. Just do it. And get a coach that has a vision. Support it. Go for it.

Look at the Eagles and Chip Kelly. That dude makes a LOT of idiotic decisions but the organization is behind him. He's pissing off his best player but they're still behind him.

Firing coach... smart. Firing Mc... not sold on that yet. He might be alright if he can build the right staff. I'd give him one more year. But the right coach is critical.
It made no sense to bring in all these 1 year contract players and Matt Slob to lead the offense. I still think Vick would've been the better guy to bring in and let Carr sit and learn.

Its like they decided they would try to patch up all the holes in one draft and somehow it would all mesh together. You can't take an organization and make them competitive in one draft. Then they decide to bail on that idea 4 games in and fire the HC. U wot Raiders?!

Maybe you guys can poach Harbaugh from us if we have a sub 10 win season. I think he could definitely bring in the leadership for you guys and straighten that place out. The bad part would be Roman would come with him lol.
Old 10-12-2014, 05:22 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Official: Oakland Raiders 2013/2014 Season Thread-img_20141012_172101.jpg
Old 10-13-2014, 09:45 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by slugrx
Old 10-13-2014, 05:12 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
So what is the biggest problem with the Raiders right now? They were in the game up until the end, but still another "L" in the column. What needs to change?

What position(s) do you think they will need to address in next years draft based on what you've seen so far? It looks like Carr should stabilize the the QB position as it looks like he is doing well so far, just not getting the "W's" yet, but those should start coming soon.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:34 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by JelloChex
So what is the biggest problem with the Raiders right now? They were in the game up until the end, but still another "L" in the column. What needs to change?

What position(s) do you think they will need to address in next years draft based on what you've seen so far? It looks like Carr should stabilize the the QB position as it looks like he is doing well so far, just not getting the "W's" yet, but those should start coming soon.
Find about 11 players to play something resembling a defense and they might stand a chance.

Its been a least a decade when sometime during the 3rd or 4th quarter the defense decides they need a nap. Its been happening with all different rosters and coaching staff for at least 10 years now. The 2nd half of the game turns into flag football for the defense.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:29 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Yea, need more players that will wash out old mentality.

After watching how teams build success. Definitely an o-line and then d-line as future prospects. (safest bet)
Recipe to build from the inside out. Carr is there, he has good upside. Need a stud RB, McFadden ain't it, neither is MJD, he's old. WRs need to stop having butter fingers or draft some that have good hands.

There are a lot of holes in the team, but examples like Dallas and 49ers have shown that drafting linemen is the safest bet in establishing a punishing run game to help QBs out, and rushing the passer/clogging up lanes.

Defense definitely needs something. Usually a pass rush and studs clogging up the middle help a ton. Then the backside just capitalizes on mistakes. I don't think they should spend big money on some shut down corners. If you win at the line on defense all other positions get much easier to do.
1) Need guys to take up tons of blockers on a rush so LBs can get 'em.
2) Need a pass rush to force throws.
3) Don't blow cash on some CB again
Old 10-20-2014, 11:37 AM
Old School

We aren't going to win more than 2 games, if even that...

If we get the #1 pick, I REALLY hope there is a consensus QB at #1, and that way someone will want to trade up and we can get more picks.

Good drafts is the only way out.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:45 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
yea hopefully you guys can trade that pick
Old 10-20-2014, 05:38 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Trade it down, get 2-3 linemen.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:26 PM

Perfect season still in tact.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:00 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Perfect season still in tact.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:50 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by iLoqin
Trade it down, get 2-3 linemen.
That would be silly.

There will be a couple good FA's next year. They'd be wise to take one and they'll probably end up with Peat.

But if they do trade down it'll depend on how far down who I'd target. They'd e insane to not draft a WR and an RB in this draft. But hey... I thought they should have last year and saved the QB pick for this year...

Kevin White
Green-Beckam
Ty Montgomery could be the 15 version of Cook.

at RB
Gurley might be a good choice. He's a beast and he could warrant keeping McFadden around another year or two as a change of pace.

My guess is they'd take Gordon though. He's like Jamaal Charles or...wait for it... McFadden. LOL!

I like Karlos Williams if they wait until the 3/4 rounds.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:15 PM

But who will block for said running back?

Oddly enough, this years line is surprisingly good at pass blocking, but 5 of 6 games so far they've been terrible at run blocking.

The defensive line is bad at everything, so that's their biggest needs. The Raiders defense on 3rd down is laughable at best.
Old 10-23-2014, 02:24 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
But who will block for said running back?

Oddly enough, this years line is surprisingly good at pass blocking, but 5 of 6 games so far they've been terrible at run blocking.

The defensive line is bad at everything, so that's their biggest needs. The Raiders defense on 3rd down is laughable at best.
I dunno about that...

DMC could have gone straight at full speed, but he has no vision. Probably stuck to the play as drawn by Olson.

I think with a better back, we'd see different results. Just look at that running lane up the middle.

I think we need WR, RB and D linemen. Like, several Dlinemen!
Old 10-23-2014, 03:11 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Name:  vyjjBaS.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  52.4 KB

Quick Reply: Official: Oakland Raiders 2013/2014 Season Thread