Official: Oakland Raiders 2013/2014 Season Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 11:52 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
I think DMC could get traded... deadline looms!
Old 10-28-2013, 12:02 PM
Old School

5-4 if we beat the Eagles and Giants over the next two weeks.

Then Texans: Schaub is officially the back up now. So you never know. No one has really be able to run on us, so it's entirely possible to beat Texans.

Then Titans: Pretty stout Defense over all, but again, take CJ away, and they really aren't much offensively. Also a team we could beat.

Then Cowboys: Don't really see a way to beat them since they can be thrown on, and we just aren't doing that well. But you never know. Our D# could keep us in the game, but likely this a Loss.

Then the Jets: Totally winnable. They have a strong defense overall, but they are beatble. Coin toss. Lets just say Loss since it's in NY.

That's 7-6 before the final push.

KC, SD, DEN round out the finish.

I think we beat KC at home. I refuse acknowledge them as anything other than a stout defense. If Pryor plays clean and doesn't turn ball over, we will beat KC. WIN.

SD: **** SD. They will get beat down in Oakland South.

DEN: I don't see us overcoming them. Loss.

That's 9-7 or 8-8 and could be wildcard team.

That's not bad if it happens. And 8-8 looks really, really reachable.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:02 PM
Old School

Got Wiz Jr back... boom, DMC and Pryor rushed mad.

Steelers adjusted well though.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:35 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Got Wiz Jr back... boom, DMC and Pryor rushed mad.

Steelers adjusted well though.
That last part has been their downfall for the last 2 seasons. The Raiders usually play good for the first half and the offense stalls out completely in the 2nd half.

If they can get they're offense to do anything in the 2nd half they could finally finish about .500.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:40 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
5-4 if we beat the Eagles and Giants over the next two weeks.

Then Texans: Schaub is officially the back up now. So you never know. No one has really be able to run on us, so it's entirely possible to beat Texans.

Then Titans: Pretty stout Defense over all, but again, take CJ away, and they really aren't much offensively. Also a team we could beat.

Then Cowboys: Don't really see a way to beat them since they can be thrown on, and we just aren't doing that well. But you never know. Our D# could keep us in the game, but likely this a Loss.

Then the Jets: Totally winnable. They have a strong defense overall, but they are beatble. Coin toss. Lets just say Loss since it's in NY.

That's 7-6 before the final push.

KC, SD, DEN round out the finish.

I think we beat KC at home. I refuse acknowledge them as anything other than a stout defense. If Pryor plays clean and doesn't turn ball over, we will beat KC. WIN.

SD: **** SD. They will get beat down in Oakland South.

DEN: I don't see us overcoming them. Loss.

That's 9-7 or 8-8 and could be wildcard team.

That's not bad if it happens. And 8-8 looks really, really reachable.

Yeah man. Pretty surprising. I'm torn on it though... I almost would have preferred a bunch of tough losses and a higher set of draft picks this year over an almost there season and lower draft picks. I think that's why you see some of these other teams tanking and not trying to improve. They want the picks.

But hey... as a Raiders fan I'm stoked to see them playing well. Pryor is not a surprise to me. I'm one of the only people I saw praising that pick up in the sup draft. I think he's the real deal. I actually think he could turn out to be the better long term QB between he and CK7 because he wants to learn the position. He's trying to get better at check down reads and things like that.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:57 PM
General Pimpin'

I think DMC could get traded... deadline looms!
Maybe... he came out and did half decent.

But I don't see it happening... here's my reasons.

1. What are they going to demand for him?
2. Who is going to want him and be willing to give anything up for him that's worth it?
3. The Raiders are winning. If they think they have a shot at the playoffs trading him is dumb.

Essentially... the only teams that will make a move on him are people that need an RB to make the playoff push. Who is that?

Seahawks? Nope. Lynch... mcfadden a waste of pick as a back up.
Niners? Nope. It would mean they're done with Gore. Not yet.
Eagles? Nope. McCoy and his handcuff best handcuff in the NFL.
Cowboys? Not likely. Injuries make this a maybe.
Packers? No way. Just got Lacy and Starks is very capable.
Lions? No way in hell. Bush is a better version of McFadden and they've got the second best handcuff RB in the NFL... and Lashoure.
Redskins. Nope.
Bears. Hell no.
Saints? Nope. Have too may RB's as it is.
Panthers? Nah. Stewart is they're "Starter" but he's coming off injury and not that good. Williams has been decent this year and they have tolbert. So I say no here too.
Colts? Nope... they traded an R1. They're stuck trying to figure out T.Rich.
Chiefs. Nope. Dude they got is a way better version of McFadden.
Broncos. Starting the year I would have said maybe. But Moreno is finally looking legit.
Bengels? Nope. Rookie is looking solid.
Ravens? Maybe but I don't see them making a playoff push this year.
Jets? Maybe. Ivory is a good back up and work horse. Perfect compliment to a guy like McFadden. Powell... meh.
Patriots. This is the most likely yes. They need someone and they take risks. Depends on if they see it as a one year rental or if they'll sign him and let him go head to head with Ridley.

So... if the Raiders trade him it's because they are planning to draft an RB or spend big money on an FA this year and are 100% done with McFadden because they're not gonna get too much for him. Certainly not a first round pick. Maybe a third and a pick that'll depend on his roster status and usage next year.

NE does weird stuff so it's possible. The Jets.

Cowboys might be a decent fit if he's willing to be a change of pace for Murray or if the injury Murray has is more sketchy than they're telling people. But it sounds like they want MJD. But I think McFadden be cheaper so who knows.

Really bad year for McFadden to look like... well... himself.

For his sake and the sake of the Raiders he needed to have a solid first 8 games. His play and his injury really hurt both of them. He becomes not to valuable as a free agent and has not trade value.

So... I think maybe he tests the free agent market in a year FULL of solid free agents. Finds out he's not worth that much and resigns with Oakland for a lot less than he expected and the Raiders draft an RB. It's cheaper than going after a big FA RB but then again.... they really need to use a top 3 rounds pick on a WR that's ready to play right now and they need a TE and help on defense.

So.... maybe they roll with McFadden and Jennings. Or they roll with McFadden and someone like Gerhart next year. Draft defensive line, offensive line, WR, TE in the first 4 rounds.

Or they sell him and toss an RB in the mix around the 3rd round.

Who the hell knows. but the market is slim for him right now.

Last edited by OneManArmy; 10-28-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:00 PM
General Pimpin'

I can watch that over, and over again...
Same here... all that talk of fastest QB in the NFL just ended. Al Davis is a happy dude in his grave right now. He loves having the fastest dudes. LOL!
Old 10-28-2013, 04:30 PM

Car Info: Nadda
DMF is like Mike Vick, just always waitin' to be hurt. Never finished a year due to injuries. I think DMF is better in a dual role and not a #1. Dude just gets hurt too much...

If there is any trade value I'd get rid of him anywho. Even if it's a round 3 pick. It's his money year... this year isn't going to look too hot unless he can somehow impress the 2nd half of the season.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by iLoqin
DMF is like Mike Vick, just always waitin' to be hurt. Never finished a year due to injuries. I think DMF is better in a dual role and not a #1. Dude just gets hurt too much...

If there is any trade value I'd get rid of him anywho. Even if it's a round 3 pick. It's his money year... this year isn't going to look too hot unless he can somehow impress the 2nd half of the season.
Dude,
My
Foot

Old 10-28-2013, 05:18 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX

Dude,
My
Foot

Old 11-03-2013, 03:38 PM

Did the Raiders defense go on Bye week with the 49ers?

Is Nick Foles the next Matt Flynn?

Is Darren McFadden injured again?

Did you answer yes to the above 3 questions?
Old 11-03-2013, 07:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Man that was a great game.

Go Eagles!!
Old 11-03-2013, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
Man that was a great game.

Go Eagles!!
Please. Foles is going to fall flat on his face next week when he plays an actual NFL defense and not that pop warner crap he saw today. He didn't do anything but throw the ball to receivers that had no one covering them while not having to avoid any pass rush whatsoever.

I haven't seen the Raider D play that bad in years. And they've had some really colossally bad games in recent years.

Last edited by Superglue WRX; 11-03-2013 at 08:27 PM.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:48 AM
Old School

Foles is no joke. He young, raw, and he will get better.

I kept posting about how no one should underestimate him on twitter. But people did. He had a bad game in Dallas. He usually will play between that and this game. He's the better starter in Philly, and can turn their **** around.

We just got out matched in the game plan. Kelly saw we were leveraged with our CBs, and using safety and linebacker blitzes... so he was sure to attack the CBs.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:10 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Foles is no joke. He young, raw, and he will get better.

I kept posting about how no one should underestimate him on twitter. But people did. He had a bad game in Dallas. He usually will play between that and this game. He's the better starter in Philly, and can turn their **** around.

We just got out matched in the game plan. Kelly saw we were leveraged with our CBs, and using safety and linebacker blitzes... so he was sure to attack the CBs.
I was just coming to say that.

Do I think he's the next Joe Montana (replace any great past QB), no I don't. But he's definitely better than Vick. For one he can actually see over the line of scrimmage. Do I think he'll throw 7 TD's against the Packers or really any other team, no, but that doesn't mean he's not good. The Raiders played a lot of man to man, which that system beats. If they had the players to play a good zone defense, I don't think he would have put up the TD's he did. But still, he's the best the Eagles have at the position.

Quick Reply: Official: Oakland Raiders 2013/2014 Season Thread