I'm sorry, I meant to say, the Oakland Tarpers:

Oakland Raiders to block off Mount Davis - Silver And Black Pride
Old 02-06-2013, 02:38 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Old 02-06-2013, 02:40 PM
Old School

That's life when the fan base decides to go to games the day before and the day of...

Not only that, but season ticket holders must be waiting it out. Like me.

I may not get the same seats. I might just move up to the 3rd deck.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:43 PM
Old School

Also, we are going to likely gut the big contracts. I think Carson Palmer will restructure again to help the team's cap. I don't know if Raiders will drop him and pay the money.

Sad thing is our season was completely ****ed by 1 man. Greg Knapp.

This season should be more like the 2010 and 2011 seasons were the offense was good. If so, I think we can get back to 8-8 easily. The key is will there be more improvement in the defense, since that's where we were previously losing our games.

Lots going on, and it seems like the cuts are imminent, so there will be news in the coming weeks.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:44 PM
Old School

I'll also try to keep the thread updated more regularly. I don't come to the site that much, but I'll try to do so more often.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:17 PM

Car Info: 2011 Sti SWP
Go raiders!
Old 02-06-2013, 07:31 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Also, we are going to likely gut the big contracts. I think Carson Palmer will restructure again to help the team's cap. I don't know if Raiders will drop him and pay the money.

Sad thing is our season was completely ****ed by 1 man. Greg Knapp.

This season should be more like the 2010 and 2011 seasons were the offense was good. If so, I think we can get back to 8-8 easily. The key is will there be more improvement in the defense, since that's where we were previously losing our games.

Lots going on, and it seems like the cuts are imminent, so there will be news in the coming weeks.

I honestly think with a couple of very wise draft and personnel choices the Raiders can be competitive again. I don't think they'll make the playoffs just because Denver is too good for the next 2 years or so. But maybe as a wild card this year or next... maybe. They need to be building for 2-3 years from now.

To me... they can make a HUGE move in the right direction this year through the draft.

I'd draft defensive line and line backer first 2 picks. Then look for offensive line. Then consider looking for an RB... unless they can get Lacy. LOL!

I honestly think we have solid TE's. Receivers are decent if they stay healthy. People need to remember that the Raiders had a TERRIBLE coach last year AND they were injured the entire year. I think they had a fully healthy team for like 4 games all year.

Receivers are fine for now if they're healthy... only change I would make would be to possibly go after someone in free agency... Bowe will be expensive but he's a good dude. I'd go for a lower name on the list.. maybe Henderson.

And maybe pick up Peyton Hillis. He should be pretty damn cheap and at least worth a pre-season shot. Cut him if he can't hack it.

The Raiders are dangerous when they're healthy. Palmer is just fine for the next year or two. He needs a better offensive line and healthy receivers.

IN the next year or two keep developing Pryor and keep and eye on the draft. I think Pryor could be the guy. At the very least you have 2-3 years to watch the draft.

But if you pick up a solid DE and a good LB in the draft that are play ready this year... defense is instantly better. Whole team is better.

Cut a couple of those fat big pay checks in the middle and fill them with a younger guy with a smaller pay check... or two.

COuld be much much better. Especially if McFadden can play in more than 8 games.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:17 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
This season will be painful.

There are so many positions that need to be filled on offense and defense.

I anticipate an improvement in discipline and glimpses of a game plan on the field. But, I don't expect much more than that. Here's some serious issues they need to face before being competitive:

- O-Line help. Wiz and Veldheer need some support in run blocking. Last season that line couldn't even push forward, yet alone creat a running lane.

- Cornerbacks, when Huff is the best cb on the team, you have no secondary

- A real MLB, please find one. Somewhere. Anywhere.

- A true #1 receiver. DHB, Moore, and Ford are 2nd or 3rd wideouts at best. None have been consistent targets.

- DMC cannot carry the carry the load. His best work was splitting the runs with Bush, even then he missed half of the season. If they're going to keep him, they'd better find a bruiser to shard the ball with to get anything out of him.

- Pass rushers. If Kelly does stay on board, he'll need a lot more help than what he's got. The rest of the D-line are washed up or project players.

- QB. It would be nice to get someone better than Palmer, but I don't see that happening this off season. Drafting a starting qb doesn't look like an option, the best candidates are not going to advance this team ahead of where they are now this season. Pryor is Pryor. He floats the ball and his accuracy isn't where it needs to be to take over.

I'm waiting for next season with little expectation. It hurts to see this team start from the basement again. Oh well, if I cared about it being easy, I'd be a Pats fan.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:27 PM

Car Info: Nadda
This season is scroomed. Al Davis is still workin' from the grave. Still not enough cash to go around.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:57 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
it will suck just like the last 5 seasons lol
Old 02-06-2013, 10:38 PM

Car Info: Nadda
"Just win baby!"
Old 02-07-2013, 07:48 AM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
it will suck just like the last 10 seasons lol
fixed
Old 02-07-2013, 09:02 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
fixed
agreed. Haven't been truly good since 2002. Poor drafts have been the death of the Raiders.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:19 AM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
I would put my wish list up but it would be nonsense since I live in fantacy land with little pink ponys.

THANK GOD KNAPP IS GONE!!!!!!!

I will let you peek into my fantacy land and say I would like to see Norv Turner come over a Ofensive Coordinator
Old 02-07-2013, 09:30 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Shayhan27
I would put my wish list up but it would be nonsense since I live in fantacy land with little pink ponys.

THANK GOD KNAPP IS GONE!!!!!!!

I will let you peek into my fantacy land and say I would like to see Norv Turner come over a Ofensive Coordinator
That would be a huge mistake. Why bring in an old man with nothing but loosing in his history. Huge mistake.

I'd much rather see the raiders go younger and get a completely new team of coaches in there. Let them work it out and get it going. Flip flopping old coaches isn't going to work for them.

I just don't understand why the NFL just keeps recycling coaches. They get canned for sucking at one team and another team thinks they can win with them. No other job in the world is that true.

He sucks. I would loose what little faith I have in the organization if they hired Norv. Norv sucks. Period.

Quick Reply: Official: Oakland Raiders 2013/2014 Season Thread