Official: Oakland Raiders 2013/2014 Season Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 05:40 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
I wonder if this conversation has taken place?

"Hello?"

"Ah, hi is this Brett?"

"Yes, this is Brett Favre. May I ask who's calling?"

"This is Green Ba-" *click*
I would almost guarantee you that they've tried or it's at least been kicked around the table. Hey buddy.... it's only 3 games. Come on.

Scary thing... he's probably still better than 1/3 of the QB's in the NFL and they're probably still running most of his plays. LOL!
Old 11-10-2013, 05:31 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Now this game... Is A must win.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:12 AM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Pryor still making the same mistakes. Those late throws to avoid the sack just make it worse.

On the plus side, Jennings is way more productive than DMC.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:01 AM
Old School

I'm not ready to give up on Pryor. I still don't think we have a OC worth a damn.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Old School

This Raiders rep is hitting me HARD for season tickets for next year

No way I can make that decision until spring.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:42 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Well, McGloin or Pryor?

IMO I say McGloin, need to see more of him, better for the Raiders coaching staff to take a look at them both and decide who is gonna be the man for next year.

Dude looked impressive, but Houston isn't anyone scary.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:28 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by iLoqin
Well, McGloin or Pryor?

IMO I say McGloin, need to see more of him, better for the Raiders coaching staff to take a look at them both and decide who is gonna be the man for next year.

Except they are the #1 rated defense against the pass. Mainly due to their pass rush.

I dunno. Pryor needs more work, but could someday be something decent of a passer.

McGloin is a fighter, but, he walked onto Penn's team and was undrafted. He was impressive though. Zip and accurate. Reads defense well, only waits 2 seconds before release.

This is what we need to get pressure off the run game. Which is much better behind Jennings.

We are 1 game back of a playoff spot. Amazing
Old 11-19-2013, 11:12 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
This Raiders rep is hitting me HARD for season tickets for next year

No way I can make that decision until spring.
They have been doing the same to me as well and I don't even have tickets anymore. I sold my rights last year because I will be moving out of state within two years and I got a GREAT offer.

Well, McGloin or Pryor?

One name Matt "Flynn" McGloin

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Except they are the #1 rated defense against the pass. Mainly due to their pass rush.

I dunno. Pryor needs more work, but could someday be something decent of a passer.

McGloin is a fighter, but, he walked onto Penn's team and was undrafted. He was impressive though. Zip and accurate. Reads defense well, only waits 2 seconds before release.

This is what we need to get pressure off the run game. Which is much better behind Jennings.

We are 1 game back of a playoff spot. Amazing
McGloin wasn't just undrafted he had to go to open tryouts to make a team. Also don't let the them suck you into playoffs hopes.

It will just hurt more on Sunday or vs Denver in week 17. This is clearly a rebuilding year, look at all the dead money on the cap, and I don't think making the playoffs would help in anyway other than to ensure Allen and his staff will be back. Who have been doing a great job except for the lack of or horrific half time adjustments excluding last week. We just need to know who we have and want to invest in and what we need in FA and the draft.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:25 PM

At least next year is the 3rd year without Davis, so it should start looking up, definitely the 4th year. Raiders really need to start stashing some draft picks.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:54 AM
Old School

In the preseason I though we would go winless with Flynn. Had Flynn started all games, it would of happened.

So this is all bonus for me!
Old 11-27-2013, 11:00 AM
General Pimpin'

In the 7th round the Oakland Raiders take a flyer on Jordan Lynch. LOL!

I wouldn't mind seeing it. This dude is gonna get some attention because of his last game but if you look at his stats overall... he's a lot like Tebow. Not quite as strong and arm but a bit more accurate.

Dude runs like a freight train. Fast. Makes good cuts. Good decisions. Etc. Be worth taking a flyer on this dude. You'd have a dude that can run and you'd have a QB3 on the roster without having a QB3. LOL!

Hell... if I was KC, I'd be taking a look at this dude. His arm is similar to Alex Smith's but he's a better runner. He'd be a good back up because the offense is taylored around those short throws.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:15 PM

Lost last game, but McGloin gave the team a chance to win and put them ahead in the 4th quarter. You can't ask more than that given the time since he's started.

I think we'll see much more of what McGloin can do against Dallas. A crap defense, but Dallas can put up points. So I'd love to see a shootout with the Raiders and Dallas.

It likely won't because the Raider defense is decent. Would still like to see McGloin til the end of the season, even after a bad game. Sure Pryor is a rook, but damn some of his decisions really make me guess.... jump passing, etc.

On that note... even Kaepernick should have had a couple of passes intercepted, the DBs can't handle the heat he throws and he got lucky last week.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:47 PM
General Pimpin'

Lost last game, but McGloin gave the team a chance to win and put them ahead in the 4th quarter. You can't ask more than that given the time since he's started.

I think we'll see much more of what McGloin can do against Dallas. A crap defense, but Dallas can put up points. So I'd love to see a shootout with the Raiders and Dallas.

It likely won't because the Raider defense is decent. Would still like to see McGloin til the end of the season, even after a bad game. Sure Pryor is a rook, but damn some of his decisions really make me guess.... jump passing, etc.

On that note... even Kaepernick should have had a couple of passes intercepted, the DBs can't handle the heat he throws and he got lucky last week.
Pryor is a second year player.

I think McGloin probably earned finishing out the season unless he decides to throw like 4 picks in one game. Pryor looks like he could be a great QB if he can start making better decisions. Take away the picks and his passing stats are pretty on par with McGloin and he has way more running. But those decisions have been TERRIBLE. Might have to convert him to a WR.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:21 PM

McGloin is great. He gives players a CHANCE to make a play. Hastings and Streater are all of a sudden dudes who are beating 1v1 coverages. Man on Man, Mono e Mono.

Good to see.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:06 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
With the loss yesterday to the Jets it would seem like Dennis Allen may now be on the Hot Seat.

What do you guys think? Will he stay past this season or will he end up being fired? His current combined record from when he took over as H.C. for the Raiders is now 8-21 and it sure seems like they could end up being 8-24 by the end of this season given the teams still left on the slate that they have to play.

So, assuming he is fired, who do you think would become the new Head Coach for the Raiders?

Would you want a Head Coach with NFL Experience like the soon to be fired Mike Shanahan (which I seriously doubt would end up being considered by the Organization given the history, but hey it would make for an interesting hire)? The recently fired Gary Kubiak? Lovie Smith? Jack Del Rio?

or

Would you rather see someone come up through the ranks like Jay Gruden (I don't think Jon is leaving the booth to get back in to coaching)? David Shaw (current Stanford Coach)? Someone else?

It wouldn't surprise me if Dennis Allen gets fired and Reggie McKenzie stays though. This is the first draft that McKenzie can finally have with actual draft picks in the Top Half of the draft so hopefully some much needed talent / depth can finally be selected after so many picks were Lost / Traded Away previously. That plus finally getting out of some of the bad contracts that were screwing with the Salary Cap for the Raiders means they can finally start moving forward instead of looking in the rearview mirror. McKenzie's whole goal seemed to be to start building this team through the Draft and it's been very difficult to do that when you don't have the Draft Picks to do that with in the first place.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official: Oakland Raiders 2013/2014 Season Thread