Official: Oakland Raiders 2013/2014 Season Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 11:18 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
But yeah... stoked we beat the niners... not stoked we're looking at a much lower pick.

But hell... Had Oakland got the first pick and not traded out of it I probably would have been bummed.

At number 5 they're more likely to draft who I want and not look as stupid. LOL! Amari Cooper. Brandon Scherff would be a good choice for them here too. Shaq and Strong both make sense too depending on the combine.

Gordon wouldn't be a bad idea if they do drop to 7.

Tampa is stoked out of their minds. They were probably going to try to trade up to at least number 2. Now they don't have to. And Marcus is stoked too... He just jumped up a few spots in the draft to probably number 1 and made a lot of money in the process.

Crap part is I can easily see oakland dropping to 6 or 7.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:45 AM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
words
words
words
some good observations

2007. Lets not go there.

words
words
words
That one got me.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:36 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by iLoqin
^At least Niners are in the conversation by the time it hits November.
only in the conversation because everyone is laughing at them.

Last edited by Irrational X; 12-09-2014 at 02:09 PM.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:06 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by iLoqin
^At least Niners are in the conversation by the time it hits November.
What about January?
Old 12-11-2014, 09:44 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
To be fair, Raiders are out of the conversation in preseason. That said, the future does look bright for your organization.

Even with a great HC and a great draft/FA, its going to be hard if not impossible for you guys to win out the division.

Question: What realistic expectation do you guys have of your team for the next 5 years?

I see you guys get a winning record and maybe sneak in as a wild card once but I just can't see sustained success having to win out against teams like Chargers, Chiefs and Broncos.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:51 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by FXTbrah
To be fair, Raiders are out of the conversation in preseason. That said, the future does look bright for your organization.

Even with a great HC and a great draft/FA, its going to be hard if not impossible for you guys to win out the division.

Question: What realistic expectation do you guys have of your team for the next 5 years?

I see you guys get a winning record and maybe sneak in as a wild card once but I just can't see sustained success having to win out against teams like Chargers, Chiefs and Broncos.
Realistically I see them just building and not doing much til Manning retires.
Old 12-11-2014, 03:17 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by FXTbrah

I fully expect us to be a AFC contender. I don't know for how long we could be that good, but we better be a conference contender within 5 years.

I really feel like it's going to be coaching and the drafts that will dictate this. Draft well, overall, and we could have something great. Else, probably just mediocre.

But if the niners can draft well, and have a great coach turn it all around, I don't see why the raiders cant. Just need the good drafts and someone who can turn it around.

No more Al means no more crazy veteran contracts holding us down. No more crazy misses in the drafts. Raiders are headed up, just a matter of time now.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:30 PM

So we've got an owner who doesn't micro manage, got money, got draft picks... all we're missing is a head coach.

Bring Harbaugh to Oakland. I'll buy him a matching silver and black sharpie necklace myself!
Old 12-21-2014, 02:20 AM
Old School

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
So we've got an owner who doesn't micro manage, got money, got draft picks... all we're missing is a head coach.

Bring Harbaugh to Oakland. I'll buy him a matching silver and black sharpie necklace myself!
Yup!

Oh, we got some great young defensive pieces and a great young QB.
Old 12-22-2014, 08:59 AM
Old School

How did we lose to some ****ty teams, yet, are beating some good ones?
Old 12-22-2014, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
You've got to think earlier the team just knew they weren't going to win no matter what.

After blindsiding the Chiefs and 9ers, they realized they had a chance.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:12 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Raiders have always played up or down to whoever they're playing.

But essentially what you have is a young coaching staff and young players that are finally figuring it out. I personally think Oakland should keep this staff in place and actually give them a chance. They have swapped coaches so many damned times no one knows wtf is going on.

Woodson has been around a long time. Played for good and bad coaches. If he's pulling for his guys he's got a point. I hope they give him 2 more years and extend the coaches for 2 more as well.

Look at it this way...

Position by position book on it's way... I'm watching Vikings... so it's all good.

QB. Carr looks viable. McGloin knows the playbook and can run it. They can take a flyer in the draft or pick up a free agent for the third. Maybe take a flyer on Bennett. Schaub gotta go.

RB. McFadden is still a viable RB. Murray is looking good. And there's a couple solid ones in the draft. I wouldn't be mad if they picked on in the first 2 rounds. MJD gotta go.

WR. They HAVE to draft 1 or 2 in this draft. Jones is a good WR. Holmes is good. I'd love to see them end up with Strong. They're falling too far down for Cooper. Parker would be good. But at their current draft slot they'll probably go offensive line which isn't a bad idea either. They can go with White in the second round. Ty Montgomery might climb up there too. I'm a fan of his.

Offensive line. They need help. I think they'll go oline in the first round. Probably again in the 3rd or 4th.

TE. Rivera has good upside but they may need to consider a free agent fill here. E.J. Bibbs is about the only reasonable draft for him and only if he falls to the 5th round. Or spend some dough and get Thomas. LOL!

DEF. Tuck is old but he's good for a couple years. LB's are looking up. Woodson is good for the next 1-2 years. Couple DB's are looking reasonable as the year progress. Maybe look Hayes Pullard or Trail in the 5th round. I think either could start. Or take one of the Standford guys higher up.

OK on special teams but they'll have to find a kicker at some point.

Free Agents.
As much as I hate the dude they may want to take a swing at Suh.
Maybe consider a WR depending on the draft. Cobb or Maclin. Dez ain't going anywhere and neither is Thomas. Terrance Knighton might be a good guy to target as well. Not a block buster guy but a starter.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:07 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Offense can put points on the board, Carr is just plain bomb diggity getting the ball out of his hands on time IF the person is somewhat open.

-They need o-line (these guys are usually safe, and in a few years they become probowlers and who can't use elite power running guys/stopping the rush?)
-They need another target, someone like a Witten/Gronk (well everyone wants a Gronk) or a quick slot guy like Beasley/Welker. I think they can steal someone from the 49ers... Patton/Ellington even.
-Lastly, the defense got gashed. They need 2-3 starters to fill in the void to start plugging the run, a lot of young talent on the team, just gotta fill in a couple more guys who will fight for inches.

I think in the free agency or a lower draft pick they can get a RB, they're everywhere these days... or uhh Marcel Reece some more plz? Dude deserves a shot at trucking the load or at least helping with it with Murray and MjD.
Old 12-30-2014, 05:45 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
If the Raiders want a WR from the 49ers they can probably get Crabtree.
Old 12-31-2014, 02:18 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by JelloChex
If the Raiders want a WR from the 49ers they can probably get Crabtree.
No thanks

Quick Reply: Official: Oakland Raiders 2013/2014 Season Thread