Official: 49ers 2014/2015 Season (Hello Levi's Stadium!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 04:21 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Peyton runs his own offense. He'd have made SF the greatest NFL team ever known to man. That man would turn SF offense into something much better than it is with Kap. Plus that Defense?

C'mon man. It's a slam dunk...
Not a chance, Peyton was the least sacked QB for a reason. Before the Superbowl, I believe he was sacked 0 times in the playoffs. You might say its because hes so quick to release the ball. I beg to differ. He would've got demolished in NFC west and probably sitting in a wheelchair. Also our receivers are poverty compared to what Denver had. King Brady might be able to work with them but Peyton, no freaking way. There's a reason he went to AFC west..

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Argument? There is no argument. With any of those 4 QB's the niners have 1 or 2 more rings. Period.
lol ok bro. I'll even go one further. Peyton or Brady on the Seahawks don't sniff the Superbowl as well.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:40 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by FXTbrah
Not a chance, Peyton was the least sacked QB for a reason. Before the Superbowl, I believe he was sacked 0 times in the playoffs. You might say its because hes so quick to release the ball. I beg to differ. He would've got demolished in NFC west and probably sitting in a wheelchair. Also our receivers are poverty compared to what Denver had. King Brady might be able to work with them but Peyton, no freaking way. There's a reason he went to AFC west..
He wanted 5 years and 90million, he got more than that in Denver. Yes, he does have a very quick release and he does have very fast feet (for pocket movement). KC has a great defense, so I doubt that he's really thinking about that too much. Denver has a so/so Oline... You know that's weighing on him.

He doesn't need anybody that great. I'd say between Crabtree and Davis he'd have about what he had in Indy.

Two Rings... that's what SF would have in the last two years.

lol ok bro. I'll even go one further. Peyton or Brady on the Seahawks don't sniff the Superbowl as well.
I completely disagree...
Old 06-04-2014, 04:57 PM

Stop comparing him to the Peyton of Indy. This one throws ducks more often than perfect spirals. He needs an all star receiving core and a steel wall to run up regular season numbers. His body simply wouldn't last in the NFC west.

If you said that about the Smith led Niners that lost to the Giants, you might have a point but NFC west changed after that and you absolutely need a mobile QB to win out. We saw in the Superbowl what happens to Peyton when he plays a great defense/secondary and there are 3 of them now in the NFC west.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:04 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Don't get me wrong, I love Peyton, but exactly how many rings does he have?

I may ... MAY ... buy that the 49ers could potentially have had ONE Ring by now, but the chance that we would have had 2 with Peyton I just don't think so. Peyton is potentially the All-Time Best ... REGULAR Season QB. However, once he hits the playoffs something happens, either his play along with the team play seems to erode or the quality of the competition is increased to a point that he just can't outperform the other teams.

His first year back in the league he was throwing some floppy ducks once he got to the playoffs. If he was the QB that year, I still think the 49ers Lose with him at the helm.

So that would leave last year (2013 - i.e. his 5th MVP Performance Year). Yes, he was far better this year vs 2012. However, once Denver (who's WR Core was potentially superior to the 49ers last season) were crushed in the Super Bowl by the Seahawks. Denver had the better Offense, SF had the better Defense. Would a weaker Offense and a stronger Defense have been enough with Peyton at the helm to get the 49ers the ring? That's the "N"if"L" question.

Would I have wanted the Niners to get Peyton ... Sure! He seemed like the better QB vs what the 49ers had with Smith and the unknown (at the time) Kaepernick. However, Peyton may NOT have mixed well with Harbaugh (who just so happens to be the QB that Peyton took over for in Indy).
Old 06-04-2014, 05:19 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by FXTbrah
Stop comparing him to the Peyton of Indy. This one throws ducks more often than perfect spirals. He needs an all star receiving core and a steel wall to run up regular season numbers. His body simply wouldn't last in the NFC west.

If you said that about the Smith led Niners that lost to the Giants, you might have a point but NFC west changed after that and you absolutely need a mobile QB to win out. We saw in the Superbowl what happens to Peyton when he plays a great defense/secondary and there are 3 of them now in the NFC west.

Did you not watch any Denver games last year?

You don't throw for 5500 yards on accident.
Thomas with Manning... 1430 yards 2 years in a row. What did he do the 2 years before Manning got there? Under 800 combined. You could call it a blossoming of a WR but going from 551 yards to 1434 yards as soon as Manning shows up is no accident.

Decker's last 2 seasons... over 2300 total yards. The 2 before that 700. He jumped over 400 yards in 1 season when Manning showed up.

Julian Thomas was a nobody. He had 1 catch his rookie year. No 2012. Then all of a sudden he blows up for 800 yards and 12 TDs.

You're calling them super receivers but the only reason they're super receivers is because of Manning. You're talking about guys that were second and third year guys that were nobody's.

What did CK have to work with last year?
Boldin. A veteran and a probably hall of fame WR. 1200 yards.
V.D. One of the best TE's in the NFL and a veteran. 850 yards.
A very capable set of receiving RB's that he forgets about most of the time. Including one of the better sets of hands at FB outside of Oakland.

Patton is a young star to be. Crabtree is every bit what Decker is when he's healthy... and he was in the post season.

What happened to denver against Seattle was a complete collapse. The running game was a joke. The special teams was a joke. The defense didn't exist. The offensive line was terrible.

And you're talking about a damn near 40 year old man.

If Denver had half a defense they could have at least been competitive.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:27 PM
Old School

Thomas with Manning... 1430 yards 2 years in a row. What did he do the 2 years before Manning got there? Under 800 combined. You could call it a blossoming of a WR but going from 551 yards to 1434 yards as soon as Manning shows up is no accident.

Decker's last 2 seasons... over 2300 total yards. The 2 before that 700. He jumped over 400 yards in 1 season when Manning showed up.

Julian Thomas was a nobody. He had 1 catch his rookie year. No 2012. Then all of a sudden he blows up for 800 yards and 12 TDs.

You're calling them super receivers but the only reason they're super receivers is because of Manning. You're talking about guys that were second and third year guys that were nobody's.

A very capable set of receiving RB's that he forgets about most of the time. Including one of the better sets of hands at FB outside of Oakland.

Patton is a young star to be. Crabtree is every bit what Decker is when he's healthy... and he was in the post season.

What happened to denver against Seattle was a complete collapse. The running game was a joke. The special teams was a joke. The defense didn't exist. The offensive line was terrible.

Completely agree...
Old 06-04-2014, 06:31 PM

The same team went to the playoffs with Tebro and even won against the Steelers. You going to tell me they didn't have talent and Manning suddenly made everyone good. Its not rocket science that once they got a QB that could actually hit a receiver with a ball, they finally got more yards/completions?

Crabs, Boldin, VD compared to Welker, Decker, D Thomas, J Thomas.
FFS Bruce Miller is one of our deep threats. a fb.... Yea practically the same receiving core who was also injured.

You can't have it both ways. Either Peyton is a capable QB who would've won SF a ring in the last two years or hes a 40year old man throwing ducks and padding records. What happened to Denver wasn't a collapse. They finally ran into a team with elite defense and instead of rising to the challenge Manning decided he wasn't going to throw over 10 yards for more than half the game. He didn't want to risk looking worse than he already did and in the process broke the superbowl completion record. Whats mind boggling is you dont seem to get that Peyton would be playing that same team twice/three times a year on the Niners roster except he wouldn't have the luxury of the stout Oline he has in Denver.

I could've almost understood if you used Brady as an example but Manning is a turd and would hit the stretcher the first time Anthony Davis missed his assignment.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:41 PM
Old School

I think SF Oline is better than Den...
Old 06-04-2014, 06:43 PM
Old School

Seahawks scored at will and very early. Denver doesn't have much of a defense.

Manning wouldn't have to do much in SF to make that team a lot better offensively.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:45 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Im ok with the deal. I think CK has a lot of potential and will only continue to get better.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:58 PM

I think SF Oline is better than Den...
Clearly you didn't watch Anthony Davis get manhandled half the year. You can ask Alex Smith what he thought about our O line too..

Denver O line was ranked top 5 last year. SF was closer to 10th place. If I recall in 2012 Denver was ranked top 3..

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ond-quarter/5/

Seahawks scored at will and very early. Denver doesn't have much of a defense.

Manning wouldn't have to do much in SF to make that team a lot better offensively.
All Manning had to do was answer. You can blame the D but Denver could've easily stayed in the game and gone to a shootout like Kap did with Pats in NE. Manning was rattled and didn't want to be there. He looked like Schaub out there.

Last edited by FXTbrah; 06-04-2014 at 08:02 PM.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:46 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Agree with fxt, no qb would have gotten us a ring. The biggest problem IMO is immaturity. They party too hard and are inconsistent because of it. Once they focus, it's on.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:22 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by subie OCD
Agree with fxt, no qb would have gotten us a ring. The biggest problem IMO is immaturity. They party too hard and are inconsistent because of it. Once they focus, it's on.
Immaturity at qb trickles down... if immaturity is your excuse then wouldn't a mature leader at qb help?
Old 06-04-2014, 10:34 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Lots of arguments... here is my point.

You only need to win 1, Niners are young, they have a shot at it and now they have a franchise QB.

Kaepernick is still young, lots of QBs, for instance, a Steve Young used to run all the time, and then he settled down once he knew the offense. Albeit, Young on his 4th year got passed the 60% mark on his PCT completion rate. Young didn't start until midway through the 7th year, full 16 games the 8th year, and didn't win the Superbowl til the 10th year of his career (denied twice by the Cowboys).

Bottom line, although he isn't the Brees,Manning,Brady,Rodgers who will win games, he does have that threat, once he gets down his progression and learns to sit in the pocket, kinda like what Wilson learned how to do, he'll be fine. But the timeline is now ticking. Niners stated they want him as the Franchise, you can't talk about his work ethic, now you just need him to put his great athleticism altogether. I think he works out of it this year (niners will obviously have that 'leash' on him and won't let him run) and takes more chances and trust that he can put the ball where it needs to be and his receivers are savvy enough to beat corners.

Was he worth 126mil? Eh, arguably not since he hasn't won the ring.

The way you spend money shows the way they are going. Niners want Kaepernick to win them the Superbowl, because there will be less parts available on cap issues. If you didn't spend enough on Kaepernick, than you spend it on the other pieces and get a mediocre QB to be serviceable enough to get you there, Niners believe they have one that can get them 1 or 2 rings before the time is done. I think they do too. Now it's time to walk the walk.

Remember, Niners went up to Seattle in the NFC Champ game and ran their offense they way they wanted it. Sure they didn't get the points they needed, but that Crowd noise didn't fade them moving the ball up there. Things are going to be fun to watch.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:08 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRB Wagon
I don't see him being worth that much.

If they had just paid peyton the 90 million for 5 years he wanted the niners would have 2 rings with him. No doubts about that that all.

Kap doesn't make the reads like he should, and he just can't keep running it forever. Eventually, if he doesn't improve his pocket play, this will catch up to him.

This also means that you guys are going to lose some big players next year cause there won't be too much money for all these FAs
That was dumb.
Remember that the salary cap jumped up $10 million for 2014 season.

Teams have a lot more room for contracts like these. I think you'll see more upper-level QBs get contracts like this when their time comes over the next few years.

In the last 5 seasons the salary cap ranged from 120 million to 123 million (minus the weird 2010 uncapped year).

It's at 133 million this year.

Kaep's new contract averages ~21mil a year. The extra 10 million in cap space allows room for half of that. BUT, it's not all guaranteed money. He's only guaranteed 61mil, so ~10mil a year. Boom, fits right into the extra cap room.

I don't think it'll backfire on them. The kid is young, talented and coachable. He's got things to work on for sure, but they weren't about to let the guy go. In 2-3 years there will be 10-15 more QBs with contracts like this, just watch and see.

Quick Reply: Official: 49ers 2014/2015 Season (Hello Levi's Stadium!)