Official: 49ers 2014/2015 Season (Hello Levi's Stadium!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 10:03 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by OneManArmy

Schaub...
His last 3 healthy seasons... 13,000 yards. 65 TDs. 39 INTs. Combined rating around 94. 2010 he got hurt but was looking at another 4000 yards 23td season with a 95 plus rating.

Last year... damn near his entire team was hurt. The defense was TERRIBLE. The run game sucked *** and all his receivers where hurt. Play calling was about as dumbfounding as any play calling I've ever seen.

So he has 1 down year and he's suddenly terrible?

The contract he signed is only for 2 years and it's pretty low dollar.

On top of that they have a capable back up and a second round draft pick.

Shaub isn't my pick but neither was Carr. I thought they put money and 2 years in Shaub they should have drafted a WR with that second pick. My opinion it was another bad call by Oakland... but if Carr turns out to be legit I'll shut my mouth on that one. LOL!

But I am going to laugh if Schaub wins the starting job this year and drops 4300 yards and another high 90's rating on the board and Oakland is left going... well... crap.. now what do we do.

jumping ship is for ***** bandwagoners.
The system in Houston is totally ****ed up. The QB does get audibles I've read... No real ability to make adjustments at the line. You pick a play, and it has two defined options or something and that's it. That's just ridiculous...
Old 06-06-2014, 07:24 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
The system in Houston is totally ****ed up. The QB does get audibles I've read... No real ability to make adjustments at the line. You pick a play, and it has two defined options or something and that's it. That's just ridiculous...
With that in mind, I'd say that has to do with the trust factor.

The player is going to say they want it all, it's the management of how much information and when to give it to them.

We all know Kaepernick wasn't given the full playbook, heck I don't think Alex Smith was given the full playbook when Harbaugh came in. It was a gradual release of information once management deems the QB can absorb more.

So is it that Shaub was ready for more and got none?
Was it management thinking that Shaub isn't ready for it, didn't trust him?
Was it really management that has an offense that has lackluster 'at the line' changes?

It's very hard as a QB to get the full playbook unless you were like a Kurt Warner type of person, a guy who wants that 400-500 play playbook.

Manning/Brady have essentially mastered their type of offense, very hard to duplicate and I don't know if it's even taught (although it should be) in college .
Old 06-06-2014, 08:44 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by iLoqin
With that in mind, I'd say that has to do with the trust factor.

The player is going to say they want it all, it's the management of how much information and when to give it to them.

We all know Kaepernick wasn't given the full playbook, heck I don't think Alex Smith was given the full playbook when Harbaugh came in. It was a gradual release of information once management deems the QB can absorb more.

So is it that Shaub was ready for more and got none?
Was it management thinking that Shaub isn't ready for it, didn't trust him?
Was it really management that has an offense that has lackluster 'at the line' changes?

It's very hard as a QB to get the full playbook unless you were like a Kurt Warner type of person, a guy who wants that 400-500 play playbook.

Manning/Brady have essentially mastered their type of offense, very hard to duplicate and I don't know if it's even taught (although it should be) in college .

I think you're pretty on point here.

Not to many guys can handle a full playbook and be able to run through adjustments on the fly. I'd say that list is pretty much this...

Brees
Rodgers
Manning
Romo
Brady
Luck
Big Ben

A LOT of teams run a reduced playbook for QBs... especially young ones. So they can focus. Only thing I'd add is that I don't think Alex Smith was the problem with the reduced play book. He has a very high football IQ. The problem with him was something like 7 offensive CO's. He never had enough time to digest the playbook. I wouldn't be surprised if KC opens up even more this year.... second year with a playbook for the first time. Only thing I don't get for the freaking life of me.... why the hell did the chiefs not pick up a WR in the draft?

Seriously... I think they had one of the worst drafts of 2014. The main problem with that offense was that it was one dimensional and had no variance in WR abilities. They still have that problem but they have another big year on the legs of their RB.

I feel bad for Smith. Dude keeps ending up on teams that don't want to help him for some reason.

They draft an RB? A small RB? And a QB? WTF?

Least they gave him some 0-line help.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:58 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Only thing I don't get for the freaking life of me.... why the hell did the chiefs not pick up a WR in the draft?

Seriously... I think they had one of the worst drafts of 2014. The main problem with that offense was that it was one dimensional and had no variance in WR abilities. They still have that problem but they have another big year on the legs of their RB.

I feel bad for Smith. Dude keeps ending up on teams that don't want to help him for some reason.

I can think of one reason, Andy Reid. Dude has a history of making bad draft picks or passing over people. Although he did say (admit) recently that he made mistakes in Philly trying to be too much of a part of the draft and scouting process and he's focusing more on coaching, but I have a feeling he had a hand in the draft anyway.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:00 AM
Old School

I think you're pretty on point here.

Not to many guys can handle a full playbook and be able to run through adjustments on the fly. I'd say that list is pretty much this...

Brees
Rodgers
Manning
Romo
Brady
Luck
Big Ben

A LOT of teams run a reduced playbook for QBs... especially young ones. So they can focus. Only thing I'd add is that I don't think Alex Smith was the problem with the reduced play book. He has a very high football IQ. The problem with him was something like 7 offensive CO's. He never had enough time to digest the playbook. I wouldn't be surprised if KC opens up even more this year.... second year with a playbook for the first time. Only thing I don't get for the freaking life of me.... why the hell did the chiefs not pick up a WR in the draft?

Schaub doens't seem like a dummy, but I could be wrong.

Alex can't throw to anyone very far, very easily. could that be why?
Old 06-07-2014, 09:37 AM

I don't think that's Alex's value. His value is utilizing dump offs. He has a decent defense and Jamaal Charles. They did get into the playoffs. Jamaal Charles is badass and has tons of production. Playoffs with the Niners and Chiefs the past 2 years. Can't hate on that. They add some weapons and continue to draft good they'll be alright.

Brees could drive the field all day dumping the ball to the RB all day. This is the thing that Kaep needs to be better at. Use his legs to make the 2nd/3rd/4th reads and dump it or trust he can throw people open
Old 06-11-2014, 10:08 AM
Old School

Kap's deal does not guarantee Iupati, Crabtree will follow | CSN Bay Area

They are going to let Crabtree walk!?!?
Old 06-11-2014, 10:19 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
That would be a mistake IMO
Old 08-04-2014, 03:18 PM

49ers waive Kendall Hunter
Old 08-04-2014, 04:06 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Kinda risky.. I dont really want to lose him.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:04 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Well, with the torn ACL he is basically out for this year. This is also the last year he is under contract with the Niners. If he makes it past the waiver period they will probably end up trying to re-sign him at some point, but who knows what condition he will be in coming back from injury as not everybody heals like Adrian Peterson does.

Trent Baalke discusses Kendall Hunter's contract status - Niners Nation

Kendall Hunter, Michael Bowie, and waiting until 75-man cut down - Niners Nation

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49er...kendall-hunter

"General manager Trent Baalke said recently he would like to re-sign Hunter."
Old 08-04-2014, 10:57 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by flukewrx
Well, with the torn ACL he is basically out for this year. This is also the last year he is under contract with the Niners. If he makes it past the waiver period they will probably end up trying to re-sign him at some point, but who knows what condition he will be in coming back from injury as not everybody heals like Adrian Peterson does.

Trent Baalke discusses Kendall Hunter's contract status - Niners Nation

Kendall Hunter, Michael Bowie, and waiting until 75-man cut down - Niners Nation

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49er...kendall-hunter

"General manager Trent Baalke said recently he would like to re-sign Hunter."
If he clears, he goes on IR and gets paid his last year, usually how it would go.

Or someone picks him up as a project and keeps him on their IR and works a deal with him for the future.

This is SF not wanting to waste a roster spot (IR spot) or pay him the last year. Makes sense, he won't be playing for sure.

Besides, they must really think Hyde is the future for RB for them. Why bother with Hunter?

Look what NYG did once they saw how Williams runs, they told Wilson its over.

Last edited by joltdudeuc; 08-04-2014 at 11:00 PM.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:42 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
The Niners have signed 2 RB's to the roster in the past week.

Glenn Winston was signed to a 3 year deal.

49ers Sign RB Glenn Winston, Waive Kendall Hunter

Alfonso Smith was signed to a 1 year deal.

49ers Sign RB Alfonso Smith, Waive G Fouimalo Fonoti

They might be just camp bodies (unless they can play on Special Teams) or the Niners are still worried about the healthy return to the field for Lattimore & James.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:44 PM

Gabbert looks terrible, Josh Johnson might actually find a roster spot this time around. Plus he has legs, which help.

Not many pluses the Niners had in their first game except...

Quinton Dial is going to wreck later on in the year and in a couple of years he looks to be dominant and will replace Justin Smith/McDonald.

I didn't understand the RB pick earlier this year with Hyde, but wow did we luck out picking the #1 ranked RB out of the draft as the 50th pick. LaMichael down for now with the elbow, Hunter gone with ACL (Jacobs too for that matter) and Hyde has the hold for the backup behind Gore, and he looked good. I doubt we see him until the 3rd preseason game when the starters get a half worth of work. Question mark with Lattimore, still.

Stevie Johnson looked solid, can't wait til there's Boldin/Crabtree/Stevie on the field, and then you have Ellington/Patton battling for that slot/speed spot. Possibly punt return duty with Ellington too as LaMichael was supposed to catch and return.

EDIT: I forgot, to add that Vernon Davis will be on the field too.

Last edited by iLoqin; 08-10-2014 at 01:10 PM.
Old 08-16-2014, 11:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Who's going to the game tmrw?

Just found out my brother's sis-in-law has an extra ticket, so I'm tagging along.

Any tips on where we should park? I hear it's $70!!! WTF?!?

I haven't been paying attn to any tips & advice on attending games cuz I didn't think it was within the realm of hitting up a game anytime soon.

We're sitting Sec 401 Row 1.

Is there a 3D seating chart like how the A's website has for O.co?

Quick Reply: Official: 49ers 2014/2015 Season (Hello Levi's Stadium!)