Official: 49ers 2014/2015 Season (Hello Levi's Stadium!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 03:27 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Official: 49ers 2014/2015 Season (Hello Levi's Stadium!)

Preseason:
Week 1: at Baltimore Ravens
Week 2: Denver Broncos (First 49ers football ever at Levi's)
Aug. 24: San Diego Chargers (Fox, 4 p.m.)
Aug. 28: at Houston Texans

S = Sunday, M = Monday, T = Thursday

Regular Season:

Record: 8 - 8

W 28-17 1) S Sept 7 - 1:30 @ Dallas
L 20-28 2) S Sept 14 - 5:30 vs Chicago
L 14-23 3) S Sept 21 - 1:05 @ Arizona
W 26-21 4) S Sept 28 - 1:25 vs Philadelphia
W 22-17 5) S Oct 5 - 1:25 vs Kansas City
W 31-17 6) M Oct 13 - 5:30 @ St. Louis
L 17-42 7) S Oct 19 - 5:30 @ Denver
8) Bye
L 10-13 9) S Nov 2 - 1:05 vs St. Louis
W 27-24 10) S Nov 9 - 10:00 @ New Orleans
W 16-10 11) S Nov 16 - 10:00 @ New York Giants
W 17-13 12) S Nov 23 - 1:25 vs Washington
L 3-19 13) T Nov 27 - 5:30 vs Seattle
L 13-24 14) S Dec 7 - 1:25 @ Oakland
L 7-17 15) S Dec 14 - 1:25 @ Seattle
L 35-3816) Sat Dec 20 - 1:30 vs San Diego
W 20-17 17) S Dec 28 - 1:25 vs Arizona

--------------------------------------------------------------

Guess it isn't too soon to start since contracts are going out.

Boldin, 2 years 12mil. Worth it.

Kaepernick wants 18mil? I think he gets 12-15mil at the most. 49ers shouldn't cut him a deal and see what he does next year before signing. Or if they sign him it should be only a 1-2 years deal. Can he be worth 18mil? Possibly, there is potential there, but he hasn't shown it. IMO other QBs in the offense would and could possibly be better. You throw Kaepernick on a Raider or Browns and they don't get anymore wins than they did this year. He isn't the man he thinks he's worth.

He's on a team with an elite defense and run game that is starting to deteriorate a little. He hasn't carried a game like Romo & Cutler do most of the time with broken offenses and defenses. Sure he's won maybe a few games, like GB a couple of times, but he's also lost 2 big ones.

Salary Kap needs to slow his role and we need to keep money on the defense/run game.

Look at Seattle, look at the Ravens when Dilfer won it, Look at Pittsburgh the first time through with Roeth.

Good defense, good run game will get you close if not win it. If Kaep continues to be a "I can do this, but i haven't done it yet" type of player, maybe the 49ers look into another developmental QB. **** I'd pay McCoy the pennies he makes because at least he might check down the ball and use other receivers.

49ers can have an elite 2 WR combo, Elite TE, smashmouth defense and run game, but if Kaep only looks to 1 guy or takes off, than really all these stars aren't being utilized.

Last edited by iLoqin; 12-29-2014 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Regular Season
Old 03-03-2014, 03:38 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRB Wagon
My father in law's family has had season tix since the 50s or 60s and transferred them over to the new place.

Hopefully I'll be able to go to a game or 2 this year

I'm amped.

Also I'm excited to see how the draft turns out. We have been getting a lot out of our recent draft picks, so hopefully this year continues that trend.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by reign_
We have been getting a lot out of our recent draft picks, so hopefully this year continues that trend.
Are you sure about that?

Reid was a hit.
Lemonier, potential
Patton, potential
Lattimore/Tank redshirted

Jenkins, bust
LaMichael James is good, but hasn't been used enough
Looney's good

2011's picks were good
Aldon Smith
Kaep
Culliver til he went down
Kendall Hunter
Kilgore just got signed
Bruce Miller is an awesome FB

2010's
Bowman
Dixon
Iupati
Anthony Davis

Niners should be good with Patton healthy at receiver & Crab & Boldin in addition to Vernon Davis. All but 1 is useless on any given play until Kaep learns to checkdown or checkoff.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:50 PM

Car Info: 2006 obp wrx limited sedan
Good luck with the traffic on 237 and 101 lol.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:40 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRB Wagon
Originally Posted by iLoqin
Are you sure about that?

Reid was a hit.
Lemonier, potential
Patton, potential
Lattimore/Tank redshirted

Jenkins, bust
LaMichael James is good, but hasn't been used enough
Looney's good

2011's picks were good
Aldon Smith
Kaep
Culliver til he went down
Kendall Hunter
Kilgore just got signed
Bruce Miller is an awesome FB

2010's
Bowman
Dixon
Iupati
Anthony Davis

Niners should be good with Patton healthy at receiver & Crab & Boldin in addition to Vernon Davis. All but 1 is useless on any given play until Kaep learns to checkdown or checkoff.
I would say that's pretty good, no?
Old 03-03-2014, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Scoobywax
Good luck with the traffic on 237 and 101 lol.
237 is **** poor already, it's gonna be horrendous.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:09 AM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Jim Harbaugh Puts Media Speculation to Rest

"Trades, power struggles and contract negotiations, there have been plenty of rumors surrounding the 49ers front office this offseason.

On Monday, head coach Jim Harbaugh put them all to rest in an interview with Sports Illustrated's Michael Rosenberg.

Harbaugh reaffirmed his commitment to the San Francisco 49ers, refuting any reports that he would leave the team before his contract expires at the end of the 2015 season.

“No,” Harbaugh told Rosenberg. “Zero opportunity or chance of that in my mind.”

There has also been speculation of tension between Harbaugh and general manager Trent Baalke. That too, according to Harbaugh, is inaccurate.

"We're both demanding and we want to be accountable for ourselves, for each other," Harbaugh said. "If you haven't had a brother, you probably don't understand the relationship between the GM and the head coach. We're partners on the same team. I have great respect for him. He works extremely hard at it and is very good at it. We are all part of a team. I believe in the structure we have. I don't want to change anything that we do in that regard.”

Clearly stated, Harbaugh told Rosenberg that he has no desire to have more power in the organization, with final decisions on personnel continuing to made by the general manager.

Harbaugh also refuted reports of a lack of communication with Baalke, saying the two “talk daily, hourly.”

After reports that the 49ers and Cleveland Browns discussed a trade for Harbaugh, the 49ers head coach initially responded to the media via text, but elaborated on the situation to SI.com.

"There was never any opportunity to leave the San Francisco 49ers," Harbaugh said. "If that existed, it existed in somebody else's mind, not mine. I am too fond of my team, the players, the coaches. I really feel like we have one of the best, if not the best organizations in football.""
Old 03-04-2014, 05:25 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
If I've learned anything about the niners organization... Deny deny deny until some proof comes out, then back track.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:33 PM

Harbaugh wouldn't have gone anywhere. He gets hired, takes the team first year to the NFC Championship from a 6-10 team to a 13-3 team. Then gets to the Superbowl, then back to the NFL Championship.

In 2 of those 3 times, it was 1 play that was the game. That IMO is a reason not to leave or let someone go. The big plays are made by the players, the coach did their job and got them there.

It could have well been possible we were already crowned 2 Superbowls out of 3 years, but it didn't. One play here, one play there. I don't think Harbaugh is going anywhere any time soon.
Old 03-11-2014, 02:47 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Jaguars trade Blaine Gabbert to San Francisco 49ers - NFL.com

"We knew the Jacksonville Jaguars were going to get rid of Blaine Gabbert. The surprise Tuesday was that Jacksonville got anything back in return for him.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport confirmed that Gabbert was traded to the San Francisco 49ers, according to a source informed of the deal. The 49ers will give up a sixth-round draft pick in return. ESPN first reported the trade, which later was confirmed by the Jaguars' official website.

It's a great fit for Gabbert to potentially reshape his career as a useful backup. The No. 10 overall pick in the 2011 draft has mostly looked like an unmitigated disaster as a pro, but he's joining a great situation behind Colin Kaepernick. This probably spells the end of Colt McCoy's time in San Francisco.

If Jim Harbaugh can turn Gabbert's career around, the 49ers coach will have the ultimate leverage in contract talks. He'll have living proof he can turn any quarterback around."
Old 03-11-2014, 02:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by flukewrx
Jaguars trade Blaine Gabbert to San Francisco 49ers - NFL.com

"We knew the Jacksonville Jaguars were going to get rid of Blaine Gabbert. The surprise Tuesday was that Jacksonville got anything back in return for him.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport confirmed that Gabbert was traded to the San Francisco 49ers, according to a source informed of the deal. The 49ers will give up a sixth-round draft pick in return. ESPN first reported the trade, which later was confirmed by the Jaguars' official website.

It's a great fit for Gabbert to potentially reshape his career as a useful backup. The No. 10 overall pick in the 2011 draft has mostly looked like an unmitigated disaster as a pro, but he's joining a great situation behind Colin Kaepernick. This probably spells the end of Colt McCoy's time in San Francisco.

If Jim Harbaugh can turn Gabbert's career around, the 49ers coach will have the ultimate leverage in contract talks. He'll have living proof he can turn any quarterback around."
Huge project for Harbaugh. Plus it was just announced that Kaep will make $1.1M this year, Gabbert will make $2.01. Might make him fairly unhappy.
Old 03-11-2014, 02:51 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Antoine Bethea, San Francisco 49ers reach contract - NFL.com

"The San Francisco 49ers have their replacement for safety Donte Whitner, who is going home to Cleveland.

The 49ers have reached an agreement on a four-year contract with former Indianapolis Colts safety Antoine Bethea, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday. The deal will pay Bethea close to $6 million per year, per Rapoport. Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee first reported the news, and Bethea confirmed the move via Twitter.

A hard hitter who is better against the run than hanging with running backs and tight ends in coverage, Bethea is similar in age and skill set to Whitner. He's been rewarded with two Pro Bowl selections in eight seasons with the Colts.

It makes sense that Bethea comes at a lesser salary than the reported four-year contract averaging $7 million per season the Browns gave to Whitner.

With Bethea and second-year star Eric Reid stabilizing the back end of the secondary, general manager Trent Baalke will have to turn his attention to replacing Carlos Rogers at cornerback."
Old 03-11-2014, 02:56 PM
aka FlukeWRX

49ers Install NFL's First Collapsible Field Goal Posts

"Levi’s® Stadium has its field goal posts.

A crew led by 49ers director of engineering operations Pat Rogan and First Down Football Products president George Wiley installed the posts at San Francisco’s new Santa Clara home on Friday morning.

They are the first automatic, collapsible posts in the NFL.

Here’s what that means: After the final whistle of 49ers home games, it will take a single member of the Levi’s® Stadium grounds crew eight seconds to lower the uprights and cross bar onto the field. All he’ll need to lay them flat on the grass is a simple drill motor. (Raising the uprights and the cross bar takes 30 seconds.)

Wiley, a Pasadena, Calif. city employee for 40 years before he retired, was inspired to create this flexible system for NCAA football stadiums after his work overseeing public safety at the Rose Bowl.

“It’s become popular again, mostly in the NCAA, for fans to rush the field after a game and tear down the field goal posts like they did when they were old and made out of wood,” said Wiley, who has installed his product at Boston College, the University of Arizona and plans to do the same at Texas A&M next month. “What happens now if you tear a structure like that down, you bonk somebody on the head with a piece of 30-foot piece of aluminum, there’s going to be injuries.

“I scratched my Walter Mitty head and said, ‘I think I can do this,’ and this is what I did.”

The 49ers hired Wiley, the patent-holder on the system, to keep their new stadium on the cutting edge.

“When I first talked to the San Francisco management people at the Rose Bowl, I got the hint that this stadium would be very high on technology,” Wiley said. “I didn’t understand what that could possibly mean until we came out here. This whole place is technology, and we like to think that our product leads the field in technology as far as goal posts go.”

While the posts increase safety on the field, they will also ease the stadium’s transition for non-football events. To completely remove the posts from the field, all that would be required is a two-man crew, a forklift and 30 minutes. (Re-installation could be accomplished in less than an hour.)

All that stays inside the stadium at all times are two steel structures, a trunk and a gooseneck, that serve as the posts’ base but are 18 inches below the grass, which hasn’t been installed yet.

Early Friday morning, the crew started by setting this base under gravel behind the south end zone. A hydraulic unit allows the posts to lift up and down with the hand – and drill – of a single operator.

“Once it’s right the first time,” Wiley said after the posts rose high into the air for the first time, “it will go back in with no adjustments.”

Call that an extra point."
Old 03-11-2014, 03:02 PM
aka FlukeWRX

49ers re-sign kicker Phil Dawson to two-year deal - CBSSports.com

"Phil Dawson doesn't just do last second field goals, apparently he also does last second contracts. The 49ers kicker was set to become a free agent at 4 p.m. ET on Tuesday, however, that won't happen. With just over 90 minutes until the beginning of free agency, Dawson tweeted that he's staying with the 49ers.

Very excited & grateful for the opportunity to return to my team & be a part of chasing the quest for six! Go niners! #itsgood

— Phil Dawson (@phil_dawson_4) March 11, 2014
Although the financial terms of the deal haven't been announced, the length of Dawson's new contract is two years, according to CSNBayArea.com.

Dawson hit 32 of 36 field goals in his first year with the 49ers last season and ranked sixth in the NFL with 140 points. Dawson's 2013 seasons includes a streak from Week 5 to Week 16 where he connected on a franchise-record 27 straight field goals.

The former Browns kicker is the 13th most accurate kicker in NFL history (84.6 percent) and is one of only 20 kickers in league history to have converted at least 330 field-goal attempts.

The 39-year-old kicker also did something in 2013 that he had never done before: play on a team that won a playoff game. In 14 seasons with the Browns, Dawson made the postseason once (2002) and didn't win a game. With the 49ers, Dawson won two postseason games, including a 23-20 wild-card win over the Packers where he kicked a game-winning 33-yard field goal."
Old 03-11-2014, 08:47 PM

As the free agency opens up...

Whitner is gone, we got Bethea.

Carlos Rogers cut

Pick up Blaine Gabbert for a 6th round pick.

49ers pick up Jonathan Martin (best spot for him, should be a good locker room too so any of that off field crap is gone). Heck, I think the 49ers win on this situation big time, he has a potential of being a good player, I bet the Dolphins wanted to get rid of him so as long as the 49ers dropped a 5th round or lower for him, it's a steal. Looney is Young, Staley is good for a bit, Iupati and Davis are young, Goodwin is the only veteran. Martin will find a spot in there somewhere.

Niners sign Wilhoite and Dobbs to 1 year contracts.

Quick Reply: Official: 49ers 2014/2015 Season (Hello Levi's Stadium!)