Official: 49ers 2014/2015 Season (Hello Levi's Stadium!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 11:57 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
With the Martin signing I really hope Seattle signs Incognito. It would make the rivalry even better and they actually need help at OG. They also only give up a 7th rounder IF Martin makes the team and with his versatility they could let Iupati walk next year if Martin works out and save a lot of money.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:47 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Actually what would make the rivalry better would be if the Niners signed Darelle Revis (although I don't necessarily think that will happen it would be awesome to see).
Old 03-14-2014, 05:02 PM
aka FlukeWRX

San Francisco 49ers, Chris Cook strike 1-year deal - NFL.com

"With Carlos Rogers sent packing and Tarell Brown testing the open market, the San Francisco 49ers used Friday to add another helping hand at the cornerback position.

Chris Cook signed a one-year deal with the 49ers, the team announced. Matt Barrows of The Sacramento Bee first reported the news.

The former Minnesota Vikings defender is a rangy, 6-foot-2 press-coverage corner who looms as a low-risk, short-term signing in the same vein of past deals handed to Eric Wright and Perrish ***.

Cook -- who ranked No. 95 out of 110 eligible corners last season, per Pro Football Focus -- will compete against Wright, Tramaine Brock and Dax Swanson for snaps across from Chris Culliver, but we also expect the 49ers to mine the draft for corner talent after adding additional bodies through free agency.

In his fifth season, Cook's speed and size are alluring, but he's no lock to make the team. The Vikings didn't fight to keep him after an injury-riddled, inconsistent run in Minnesota, but the 49ers have a history of turning players around on both sides of the ball. Stay tuned."
Old 03-24-2014, 07:12 PM

Car Info: AW Pig-STI
Whoo Hoo!

Just got a nice Compensatory Pick, end of the 3rd round, pick 100!

Source:NFC West Blog - ESPN
------------
The complete order for the seven-round NFL draft, which will be held May 8-10, has been set. Let’s look at the San Francisco 49ers’ 11 picks:

1. First round: No. 30 overall

2. Second round: No. 56 overall from Kansas City

3. Second round: No. 61 overall

4. Third round: No. 77 overall from Tennessee

5. Third round: No. 94 overall

6. Third round: No. 100 overall compensatory

7. Fourth round: No. 129 overall

8. Fifth round: No. 170 overall.

9. Seventh round: No. 242 overall from New Orleans

10. Seventh round: No. 243 overall from Carolina

11. Seventh round: No. 245 overall
Old 03-28-2014, 06:09 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Culliver just got arrested on a felony hit and run in San Jose. This team can't seem to keep their nose clean.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:29 PM

Car Info: Whatever The Lot Provides ;)
Ok, so since it's official I can now get away with this.

Old 04-06-2014, 10:01 PM

Car Info: Nadda
I don't really use instagram, but I was going through the 49ers site...

Instagram

Dude just looks plain jacked compared to the rest of the guys. Sure he isn't as wide as a couple of them, but he definitely stands out. Can't question commitment and drive. But the question is, is he going to develop like we hope in the next 2-3 years.

Just in comparison. Steve Young didn't complete over 60% until his 5th year and he didn't start until his his 7th year as the man in charge. Kaepernick still has time.

Last edited by iLoqin; 04-06-2014 at 10:05 PM.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:55 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRB Wagon
Originally Posted by iLoqin
Old 04-09-2014, 05:25 PM

Preseason updated at top
Old 04-10-2014, 02:42 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Colin Kaepernick Investigated for Suspicious Incident at Miami Hotel | Bleacher Report

"San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick is under investigation for a suspicious incident in Miami.

According to TMZ law enforcement sources, the incident allegedly occurred this month at the Viceroy Hotel in Miami.

Mike Garafolo of Fox Sports reminds everyone of a key detail in the story:

Miami PD adamant to our @writerkev + others they're calling Kaepernick situation a "suspicious incident," not a possible sexual assault.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) April 10, 2014
Maybe the better phrasing is they're not calling it a "suspected" sexual assault at this point. The investigation continues.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) April 10, 2014
Also under investigation are 49ers wide receiver Quinton Patton and Seahawks wideout Ricardo Lockette (via Matt Barrows of The Sacramento Bee):

#49ers receiver Quinton Patton and #Seahawks receiver Ricardo Lockette also are part of the investigation by Miami Police.

— Matt Barrows (@mattbarrows) April 10, 2014
Barrows had more on the incident surrounding Kaepernick, Patton and Lockette:

According to the report, the incident occurred April 1 when a woman went to Lockette's apartment in Miami at 9 p.m. Kaepernick and Patton were there, and the woman made drinks and served shots to the players. She was also told "to drink the shots she had to 'hit' the bong which contained marijuana," the report said.

The report continues to say that the woman felt light headed and went to a bedroom where she was later joined by Kaepernick, 26, with whom she had a sexual relationship in the past. Kaepernick then left the bedroom. The two did not have sex, she said in the report. The report says that Patton, 23, and Lockette, 27, peeked inside the bedroom and that the woman yelled at them to get out.

According to the report, the woman does not remember anything about the night after that. She woke up in a hospital bed the following morning not knowing how she got there. The woman, whose name is redacted, reported the incident to police on April 3.

The Miami police have since confirmed the investigation (via Ann Killion of the San Francisco Chronicle):

Report originated out of TMZ. But has been confirmed by Miami Police.

— Ann Killion (@annkillion) April 10, 2014
San Francisco GM Trent Baalke commented on the allegations (via TMZ): "The 49ers organization is aware of the recent media report regarding Colin Kaepernick and is in the process of gathering the pertinent facts."

After leading the Niners to the Super Bowl two seasons ago and the NFC Championship Game this past season, there is no question that Kaepernick is one of the league's fastest-rising stars.

He is a major dual-threat player who is still coming into his own as a quarterback, and he could potentially be rewarded with a big contract in the near future.

According to Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com, Baalke revealed the organization's intention to strike a long-term deal with Kaepernick last month.

"We're going to work extremely hard, very diligently in trying to get something done prior to training camp. That's the objective right now, as it stands," Baalke said.

One can only assume the 49ers will do their own due diligence regarding these charges before they decide on Kaepernick's long-term future with the team.

Kaepernick has seemingly been a model citizen throughout his NFL career, so this investigation doesn't appear to fit his profile. He definitely finds himself in hot water, though, and 49ers fans will unquestionably have their fingers on the pulse of this situation moving forward."
Old 04-10-2014, 03:59 PM

just in time to negotiate his contract..... the fact that 'marijuana' was mentioned makes this a little iffy. Makes me wonder if this was some setup to lower his contract price?
Old 04-10-2014, 05:38 PM

Big Ben SA charges ==> Ring
Kobe SA charges ==> Ring
Jameis SA charges ==> National Championship
Sherman raped Crabs ==> Ring

Crabs, Patton and Kaep SA charges ==> ?!?!?!

I read the article on the report and found it funny that she made her own shots then blacked out. Also she said Kaep and her didn't have sex but he undressed her and then left the room. My guess is she was wasted and when he realized that he let her try to sleep it off. The peeping homies were probably just trying to grab a glimpse of what was going on. Overblown report.

Either way it would be nice for him to start growing up. I wish he would mimic Wilsons behavior.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by FXTbrah
Either way it would be nice for him to start growing up. I wish he would mimic Wilsons behavior.
I'd say Wilson is the growing star. Wilson has shown to be unbelievable when scrambling. He stalls so long he finds the deep man, reminds me when I was a kid watching Elways back to back Superbowls before he retired. Elway wasn't as elusive, but he always extended to launch some bomb down the field.

Wilson is better in that regard. Faster feet, lower center of gravity, faster agility, younger. He does miss passes from time to time, but when you have a top tier defense and a running back like Marshawn Lynch, you know he's backed up.

Kaepernick needs to learn to check the ball down. Tired of him reading a #1, and if that isn't there he takes off. If he learned to just check the ball down he'd be easily an elite QB. His completion % sucks right now; he learns to check the ball down and let LaMichael/Patton/Gore make some plays, we're in business and he'll make people cry.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:25 AM

Also helped when you had a guy like Tate who was severely underrated and led the league in catchable pass:completion ratio. He only missed something like 5 catches last year. That's incredible.

I agree with you, Wilson is far more elusive and a better QB than Kaep. Kaeps got the raw talent but if he would work on his touch throws and checkdowns, he could push his skill to another level.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:22 AM

Lights were out in half of Evergreen last night so decided to walk down to my local watering hole and shoot some pool. Guess Justin Smith and Ahmad Brooks had the same idea as me. Good times!

Quick Reply: Official: 49ers 2014/2015 Season (Hello Levi's Stadium!)