Need help finding a location for our 9th annual "Mt Hamilton" meet! Help us please!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 07:57 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
Traffic wasn't bad for me cus well i live right across the bridge in P.A. so it was only a 10 or so min drive for me.. Like i said i never have been to the hammy meet yet.. my first one i could go to was in 08 cus in 07 it was a week after i was in my car accident and i was all broken up so i couldnt make it. I so wanted to :/ I understand what people are saying about fremont with the cops but in my experience i spend more time in fremont than san jose and i havent had an issue in fremont by the cops.(and that was driving my sti with a blitz nur spec r even) And to be all honest i really dont care where it is this year because i have a tribeca now anyhow

I know my husband asked in the other thread but for those who been to hammy is that park wheelchair accessible? I know fremont was so just checking if its the same at hammy because that will be my ultimate deciding factor for myself.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:57 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
Bolado Park

Close to my Hamilton parking facilitys surounded by stellar roads and any thing ealse we need I know manager let me know if I can help
Old 01-18-2009, 08:00 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
Bolado has it all handicap rv whatever
Old 01-18-2009, 08:07 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by bgh831
Bolado has it all handicap rv whatever
County website? I can't find much on this other than its halfway between SJ and Monterey and theres a golf course.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:45 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
ok, I am not *****ing. I will try to make some progress with this. It would be cool to have it in novato but i will go anywhere. and as long as there is some food and water for me when i show up i will be down.

as for making progress.

i have a generator to contribute to the meet.

it is only a 1200w but as far a music goes i think it will work fine. i would be more than willign to let it be used for the meet. thats my contribution.

so with that lets not worry about having to find somewhere that has a power source cuz now we have one.

lets just worry about finding all of these cars a parking spot.

the more effort that gets put into planning this thing and less time *****ing the bigger and better this could be.

and for the record novato is in the bay area
Old 01-18-2009, 09:01 PM

And on that DJ thing, if all you want is background music, skip the cost of the DJ and just rent a PA, 2 channel mixer and plug an iPod into that. More $ to food and other stuff.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:08 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
ok, I am not *****ing. I will try to make some progress with this. It would be cool to have it in novato but i will go anywhere. and as long as there is some food and water for me when i show up i will be down.

as for making progress.

i have a generator to contribute to the meet.

it is only a 1200w but as far a music goes i think it will work fine. i would be more than willign to let it be used for the meet. thats my contribution.

so with that lets not worry about having to find somewhere that has a power source cuz now we have one.

lets just worry about finding all of these cars a parking spot.

the more effort that gets put into planning this thing and less time *****ing the bigger and better this could be.

and for the record novato is in the bay area

Awesome! Thank you so much for allowing us to use it if we need it! I was hoping someone would step up to the plate. Glad we solved that problem.

In regards to people contributing and making an effort to making this a great meet, I agree 100% The more people contribute the better it will be.

Sadly it looks as though I will be planning this meet by myself just like old times. Jourdan said he doesn't want to be part of the setup/planning squad if we have the meet anywhere but Quarry Lakes... Even more sad, Gagan doesn't want to be part of it either unless we have the meet at Quarry Lakes. They are really set on Quarry Lakes for some reason and I have no idea why.

Fortunate for me, I have a loving wife who is good at these things and is behind me 100%. I think her and I would make a good team and will have no problem organizing this event for everyone. I will however need help from people on the day of the event just like every year.

I don't know what exactly we'll need at this point since we don't know where we're going to have the event... As the time draws near we'll figure out exactly what sort of help we're going to need during the day of the event. We'll assign people to certain tasks and they will be responsible for that task on the day of the event. Tasks like parking attendant, BBQ cooks, people to make sure drinks are in the ice tubs, and things of that nature.

I'll make sure that the people who help out get some sort of free swag as well as free entry of course. I can't offer much, but you will be helping out and people appreciate that.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:12 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by Spoolin415
And on that DJ thing, if all you want is background music, skip the cost of the DJ and just rent a PA, 2 channel mixer and plug an iPod into that. More $ to food and other stuff.
Yeah, thats what we've done in the past. We've had a DJ but switched to that method because its easier. Typically we just put an MP3 player on random and let it play. Various types of music, from rock to 80s... we get a lot of complaints about rap so we don't play it.

Last years meet was weird because there was no music.... I never realized how important it is until then.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:27 PM

Curiousity has got me; why is there such a staunch stance on Quarry Lakes from the other 2, err, ex-organizers?
Old 01-18-2009, 09:32 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by Roo
You want catered BBQ handed to you, you want to drive right in, probably have assigned parking right next to the entrance, so you don't have to walk, a portable misting tent set up for you, so you can stay cool, (lounge chair included), and all the hottest BAIC girlz fawning all over you, getting your drinks and food for you.
****, sign me up for that!
Old 01-18-2009, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by saqwarrior
****, sign me up for that!
Its a trap....think about it. Girls. BAIC.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:37 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
thats what i am tryign to figure out.

why does it matter which one. i dont know but i think both parties should state their cases and follow up with supporting arguments.

all i can figure out is that mt. hammy cant handle the cars but ideal temp

however QL can handle the cars but too many people are worried about the temp and it being to hot

my opinion

get some water and some soap

wash the sand out of your vaginas

and agree on a place that the most people would show up.

not so much the stupid vote peopel have going on

but what would get the most people out

and if the 2 parties cant agree

find a neutral location that has the best of both worlds

and as far as cost goes i have a suggestion

$5 prepay $10 day of event if you want to eat drink

provide wrist ban or somethign to those folk who are prepaid or paid day of so you know who gets to eat provided food

$5 for the space if people wanna show up and provide their own food and water but still wanna kick it with the group. that way any cost of the site is offset

no one should expect soemthign liek this to be completely free

and if you dotn think you will have money for this. find some way to help and contribute and you pry wont have to pay

just my $.02

Last edited by Irish_car_B0mb; 01-18-2009 at 09:39 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
thats what i am tryign to figure out.

why does it matter which one. i dont know but i think both parties should state their cases and follow up with supporting arguments.

all i can figure out is that mt. hammy cant handle the cars but ideal temp

however QL can handle the cars but too many people are worried about the temp and it being to hot
I think you posted in the wrong 2009 Mt. Hammy thread.

Mt. Hammy can't handle the cars they saw ONE TIME.....3 years ago. But, Mt. Hammy also does get hotter than hell.

QL can fit the cars Mt. Hammy couldn't, but 150 showed up. And its also hot as hell.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:39 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by brucelee
For the people that don't pre-pay me, I have to use my own money to buy their food and drinks until they can pay me back on the day of the event. This is really sketchy for me since I have to use my own money and have to use the word of people I have never met in my life... When you have 100 people pre-pay and 200 people tell me that they will be at the meet and that they will pay me at the door (and how many people they are bringing, etc) that gets to be a lot of money for an person such as myself, especially right now that I am newly married (house, bills, economy, etc), and I know I'm not alone, everyone is in a tough position right now.

Anyway. I have to front a lot of money for people that gave me their word. Most people keep their word and show up, but some don't show up at all and I'd have to eat that cost if it wasn't for people showing up unannounced. We have never guessed EXACTLY how many people would show up, we're not mind readers, it would be impossible to guess exactly how many folks would show up unless you were really, really damn lucky.
Maybe this is a stupid question, but why not just make it so that guests either have to pre-pay or they bring their own food and drinks? Just give out vouchers or tickets to the folks that paid ahead of time so you can tell who gets to have the food that was purchased for them.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:40 PM

Car Info: 4日本車
Originally Posted by brucelee
Yeah, thats what we've done in the past. We've had a DJ but switched to that method because its easier. Typically we just put an MP3 player on random and let it play. Various types of music, from rock to 80s... we get a lot of complaints about rap so we don't play it.

Last years meet was weird because there was no music.... I never realized how important it is until then.
+1 on the 80's jams

Quick Reply: Need help finding a location for our 9th annual "Mt Hamilton" meet! Help us please!