The Mitsubishi Evo is no more

Old 03-02-2011, 07:45 PM

Car Info: Evo X GSR, F250 Powerstroke Diesel
Originally Posted by STiWRX06
Mitsu****ty sucks, plain & simple. They used the same 4G63 motor for like 20+ years & finally totally redesigns it just to quickly abandon it for electric/hybrid technology-wtf. I guess that GEMA motor ain't so good after all. I bet ya'll didn't know that the Dodge Caliber SRT-4 shared practically the same motor as the Evo X but was detuned at the last minute as to not make the Evo look bad with it being ten thousand less. It was suppose to be 300 hp too but only ended up with 280-what a shame. I guess nobody would have bought the Evo X if a lower new SRT-4 had the same power. You can also find the same motor albeit slightly altered in Hyundai 4 banger vehicles, since the GEMA alliance was with Dodge,Mitsubishi, & Hyundai. I used to drive a Dodge Challenger made by Mitsu, their history together goes way back man. Mitsu has one of the worst dealerships, customer service, car service, reliability, & sales so for them to do a drastic change is necessary for them to survive. 3 diamond star, more like cubic zerconia imo. Why does it take an Evo 20+ psi stock to make 300 hp when the STi can do it with only 14.5 psi, & that's with a twin scroll not a single...hmmm, if only the STi had those same specs, it would truly be murder! It's sad but true, all good things must come to an end, later Evo!
Are you a idiot? The 4B11 is leaps and bounds better than the EJ20/25 that has basically been unchanged since 1989, just a few tweaks here and there, sounds pretty similiar to the 4g63 IMO, except the 4g63 can handle 500 WHP in stock form. At least mitsu put development into a completely new platform for 2008, and from all accounts is much stronger and more reliable than the EJ series motors that are still failing. And power, are you kidding me? How about 300 whp with just a tune on a all stock 4b11 on 91, try and make that kind of power with a bigger 2.5 liter EJ257...Its not happening, I know I had a EJ257, the most power I ever made was 310 whp and 317 tq (TD06 18g, full 3" exhaust, 3" dp, APS TMIC, APS 70mm, TGV deletes, phenolic IM spacers, nismo 740cc, walbro 255, perrin EL header, perrin fuel rails) that a easy 10 grand in performance parts that a $450 tune on a X will yield you.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:57 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Hatchie
As much of a Subie fan that I am, this does make me a little sad. The Evo 8&9 are probably one of the best "bang for your buck" cars ever made.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by JZ oo7
i'm going to make a crazy guess, Mazda Miata?
Originally Posted by Krinkov
Nissan S14!

lol I dunno, what is it??
It's the Hino Contessa!
If you don't believe me, ask any Japanese car enthusiast that doesn't own a Contessa and he/she will agree!
And if you don't believe me in regards to the low regard for the Eclipse in Japan, you can ask about that too!
Old 03-03-2011, 12:31 AM

Car Info: "Shadow"
Originally Posted by SR20steve
Are you a idiot? The 4B11 is leaps and bounds better than the EJ20/25 that has basically been unchanged since 1989, just a few tweaks here and there, sounds pretty similiar to the 4g63 IMO, except the 4g63 can handle 500 WHP in stock form. At least mitsu put development into a completely new platform for 2008, and from all accounts is much stronger and more reliable than the EJ series motors that are still failing. And power, are you kidding me? How about 300 whp with just a tune on a all stock 4b11 on 91, try and make that kind of power with a bigger 2.5 liter EJ257...Its not happening, I know I had a EJ257, the most power I ever made was 310 whp and 317 tq (TD06 18g, full 3" exhaust, 3" dp, APS TMIC, APS 70mm, TGV deletes, phenolic IM spacers, nismo 740cc, walbro 255, perrin EL header, perrin fuel rails) that a easy 10 grand in performance parts that a $450 tune on a X will yield you.
I'm a what-you'd better look in a mirror at a true one. You can talk all you want on how much hp you can push outta the 4G63, everyone here already knows that, you can owe that **** to the ****ing iron block, hell SRT-4s have em too that's why they're hp monsters as well. EJ257s are all aluminium. But let's talk about the rest of the car, oh the fwd derived awd vs the true balanced symetrical awd. The boxer motor lends to a lower center of gravity, much better design than the I4. Don't get me started on those weakass 5/6 spd transmissions & the problematic, overheating after a few hot laps or hard launches TC-SST. What is the STi's tranny often called-was it bulletproof, even at all hp/tq levels. You didn't refer to any of my questions as to why it takes a twin scroll larger turbo pumping 20+ psi of boost just to make the same stock 300 hp/tq that a single scroll blowing only 14.5 does. Can you imagine if the STi had those exact specs from factory, like i said before, game over. Your problem on your last EJ257 was that you used a Mitsu turbo (how ironic) & Nissan fuel injectors-wtf it's a Subaru man! IMO the STi is better overall, i would much rather listen to that iconic loudass boxer rumble than the soulless I4 buzzing hum any day! Oh by the way, can you explain why there wasn't any 09 Evo Xs? I can, cuz there was sooo many leftover 08 models that they had to skip that year due to overstock already. Sounds like a real seller to me. Also, the 2010 Evo X SE was created to get rid of their TC-SST inventory since the MR, which is suppose to be the only model to have it since all GSRs are manual, couldn't sell enough. Who's dumb enough to pay 40+ grand on a Mitsubishi, i sure ain't. So if it's true about Mitsu going electric/hybrid only, then technically the so called mighty 4B11T would only be in service for 2 years-so much for their confidence in it huh. Total redesign all for nothing (that has to be the shortest new engine life ever). Subaru's new boxer motor comes out soon, we'll have to wait & see how that goes...
Old 03-03-2011, 12:46 AM

Car Info: 06 STI
Evem 07 STIs had engine issues which were not covered by warranty. So the whole argument of subarus being more reliable goes out the window.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:28 AM

Car Info: '01 GC8 & '96 OBS
I'm a what-you'd better look in a mirror at a true one. You can talk all you want on how much hp you can push outta the 4G63, everyone here already knows that, you can owe that **** to the ****ing iron block, hell SRT-4s have em too that's why they're hp monsters as well. EJ257s are all aluminium. But let's talk about the rest of the car, oh the fwd derived awd vs the true balanced symetrical awd. The boxer motor lends to a lower center of gravity, much better design than the I4. Don't get me started on those weakass 5/6 spd transmissions & the problematic, overheating after a few hot laps or hard launches TC-SST. What is the STi's tranny often called-was it bulletproof, even at all hp/tq levels. You didn't refer to any of my questions as to why it takes a twin scroll larger turbo pumping 20+ psi of boost just to make the same stock 300 hp/tq that a single scroll blowing only 14.5 does. Can you imagine if the STi had those exact specs from factory, like i said before, game over. Your problem on your last EJ257 was that you used a Mitsu turbo (how ironic) & Nissan fuel injectors-wtf it's a Subaru man! IMO the STi is better overall, i would much rather listen to that iconic loudass boxer rumble than the soulless I4 buzzing hum any day! Oh by the way, can you explain why there wasn't any 09 Evo Xs? I can, cuz there was sooo many leftover 08 models that they had to skip that year due to overstock already. Sounds like a real seller to me. Also, the 2010 Evo X SE was created to get rid of their TC-SST inventory since the MR, which is suppose to be the only model to have it since all GSRs are manual, couldn't sell enough. Who's dumb enough to pay 40+ grand on a Mitsubishi, i sure ain't. So if it's true about Mitsu going electric/hybrid only, then technically the so called mighty 4B11T would only be in service for 2 years-so much for their confidence in it huh. Total redesign all for nothing (that has to be the shortest new engine life ever). Subaru's new boxer motor comes out soon, we'll have to wait & see how that goes...
Just letting you know, all of your posts ramble on and are very long-winded. They are hard to read. Break that **** up into smaller pieces and people would respect your opinion more and it would be easier to understand what you are saying.

Sad to see the evo go, but I personally only liked all the evos we couldn't even get here in the states(evoIII-VI).
Old 03-03-2011, 07:42 AM

Car Info: 1975 Ford Pinto
Originally Posted by SR20steve
this is the truth.. sad to see that here 320AWHP on E85 is already a big feat. any suby person would just be completely ignorant not to miss the EVO or not to be aware of the monster that they are.. as i feel would be the same for all mitsu fans if subaru dropped the wrx/sti. only 2 cars in its class that are similar in the 30k range.

and that other member mentioned how it was inferior "overall" geez, guess he didnt realize how the suby understeers like crazy in comparison as he talked about handling.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:47 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: FORD PINTO
Mitsu****ty sucks, plain & simple. They used the same 4G63 motor for like 20+ years & finally totally redesigns it just to quickly abandon it for electric/hybrid technology-wtf. I guess that GEMA motor ain't so good after all. I bet ya'll didn't know that the Dodge Caliber SRT-4 shared practically the same motor as the Evo X but was detuned at the last minute as to not make the Evo look bad with it being ten thousand less. It was suppose to be 300 hp too but only ended up with 280-what a shame. I guess nobody would have bought the Evo X if a lower new SRT-4 had the same power. You can also find the same motor albeit slightly altered in Hyundai 4 banger vehicles, since the GEMA alliance was with Dodge,Mitsubishi, & Hyundai. I used to drive a Dodge Challenger made by Mitsu, their history together goes way back man. Mitsu has one of the worst dealerships, customer service, car service, reliability, & sales so for them to do a drastic change is necessary for them to survive. 3 diamond star, more like cubic zerconia imo. Why does it take an Evo 20+ psi stock to make 300 hp when the STi can do it with only 14.5 psi, & that's with a twin scroll not a single...hmmm, if only the STi had those same specs, it would truly be murder! It's sad but true, all good things must come to an end, later Evo!
LOL What?.....have you been partying with Charile Sheen?
Old 03-03-2011, 08:14 AM

Car Info: Fast
Originally Posted by eugenile
this is the truth.. sad to see that here 320AWHP on E85 is already a big feat. any suby person would just be completely ignorant not to miss the EVO or not to be aware of the monster that they are.. as i feel would be the same for all mitsu fans if subaru dropped the wrx/sti. only 2 cars in its class that are similar in the 30k range.

and that other member mentioned how it was inferior "overall" geez, guess he didnt realize how the suby understeers like crazy in comparison as he talked about handling.
everyone is forgetting that the Evo has a bigger turbo than the STi does stock for stock. If you slap an Evo turbo on an STi then the comparison would make a little more sense. Otherwise, it is just the same stupid argument we have been hearing the whole time the STi has been out
Old 03-03-2011, 11:50 AM

Car Info: "Shadow"
Originally Posted by aboothman
everyone is forgetting that the Evo has a bigger turbo than the STi does stock for stock. If you slap an Evo turbo on an STi then the comparison would make a little more sense. Otherwise, it is just the same stupid argument we have been hearing the whole time the STi has been out
^^^ Thank you, Evo fanboys never wanna refer to the bigger turbo, twin scroll, & way more stock boost cuz if the STi had all that **** to begin with then it would be no contest. All that **** would easily be like having stg. 2 equivalent from the factory with way more stock hp/tq than 291/300. They always just wanna talk about how strong their engine is but never refer to their ****ty transmission-Evos ain't all that. If they were they wouldn't be killed off-is all the rest of the sport cars of the world dying-hell no.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:14 PM
VIP Member

^^^ Thank you, Evo fanboys never wanna refer to the bigger turbo, twin scroll, & way more stock boost cuz if the STi had all that **** to begin with then it would be no contest. All that **** would easily be like having stg. 2 equivalent from the factory with way more stock hp/tq than 291/300. They always just wanna talk about how strong their engine is but never refer to their ****ty transmission-Evos ain't all that. If they were they wouldn't be killed off-is all the rest of the sport cars of the world dying-hell no.
really???......my transmission is doing fine, wasn't the subaru 5 speed a ****ty transmission for awhile?
Old 03-03-2011, 12:14 PM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
What's with all the hate? It's true that their 6 speed manual from the Evo VIII/IX isn't too strong, but the 5 speed is tough like the Suby 6 speed.

The Evo is a good car and I'll miss it.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:30 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by G_Ride
What's with all the hate? It's true that their 6 speed manual from the Evo VIII/IX isn't too strong, but the 5 speed is tough like the Suby 6 speed.

The Evo is a good car and I'll miss it.
sounds like he just a subaru fanboy or just a dumbass idoit
Old 03-03-2011, 01:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
Originally Posted by c279a
really???......my transmission is doing fine, wasn't the subaru 5 speed a ****ty transmission for awhile?
your throwout bearing is shot which is that constant grinding noise you are hearing while in gear.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:32 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Hatchie
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/03/followup-mitsubishi-unconvincingly-addresses-evo-death-rumors-v/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Mitsubishi Evo is no more