The Mitsubishi Evo is no more

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 10:55 AM

Car Info: 1975 Ford Pinto
sad

hopefully prices go down. i want to make 500awhp easy on a 2.0L turbo 4cyl awd sedan.. and a galant vr4 with the 4g63 is not an option.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:02 AM

Car Info: "Shadow"
Man don't act all stupid now, you could see it coming a mile away. Why would any car company still continue to make a vehicle patterned after a racing autosport that they no longer participate in, it's pointless for them really. The Evo, along with the STi, was created for homologation of a rally like street car for the WRC, which both pulled out of & Mitsubishi a long time ago at that. I don't know about y'all, but i haven't seen hardly any newer Evo Xs on the road at all when compared to the older Evo VIII & IXs, goes to show how unpopular they've become to the true enthusiasts. Same goes for the STis too. How ironic cuz the new ones were made more for the general public & look where that got them, it just alienated us true fans in the process. These cars aren't meant for everybody, so why pretend & start loading them with luxury/comfort/electronic gizmos/softer styles/extra weight/less racey equipment crap. They definitely lost their sole purpose & rally soul. If you want to start making totally different vehicles then just stop calling them by their real intended names cuz they already killed them off already in our eyes. Mitsubishi probably loses the most money here & they've been running close to empty now for awhile. Evos just don't make no sense business wise for them, especially now that they are trying to change their brand image to only EV/Hybrid technology vehicles. Unless racing starts adopting electric or hybrid systems then we may never see Evo like vehicles ever again according to that Mitsu guy. Just thank god we have our past rally beasts to beat on cuz the future looks bleak for our beloved rally road car segment, it's unfortunately dying from a radically shifting automotive world to everything green/high mpg/electric/hybrid/bland/etc. RIP EVO, hopefully the STi doesn't follow your DEAD end road!
Old 03-02-2011, 11:14 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Another platform will replace it.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:36 AM

Car Info: 04 STi
Originally Posted by STiWRX06
Man don't act all stupid now, you could see it coming a mile away. Why would any car company still continue to make a vehicle patterned after a racing autosport that they no longer participate in, it's pointless for them really. The Evo, along with the STi, was created for homologation of a rally like street car for the WRC, which both pulled out of & Mitsubishi a long time ago at that. I don't know about y'all, but i haven't seen hardly any newer Evo Xs on the road at all when compared to the older Evo VIII & IXs, goes to show how unpopular they've become to the true enthusiasts. Same goes for the STis too. How ironic cuz the new ones were made more for the general public & look where that got them, it just alienated us true fans in the process. These cars aren't meant for everybody, so why pretend & start loading them with luxury/comfort/electronic gizmos/softer styles/extra weight/less racey equipment crap. They definitely lost their sole purpose & rally soul. If you want to start making totally different vehicles then just stop calling them by their real intended names cuz they already killed them off already in our eyes. Mitsubishi probably loses the most money here & they've been running close to empty now for awhile. Evos just don't make no sense business wise for them, especially now that they are trying to change their brand image to only EV/Hybrid technology vehicles. Unless racing starts adopting electric or hybrid systems then we may never see Evo like vehicles ever again according to that Mitsu guy. Just thank god we have our past rally beasts to beat on cuz the future looks bleak for our beloved rally road car segment, it's unfortunately dying from a radically shifting automotive world to everything green/high mpg/electric/hybrid/bland/etc. RIP EVO, hopefully the STi doesn't follow your DEAD end road!
This just has too much logic for the BAIC to comprehend
Old 03-02-2011, 11:40 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
It's just 1998 all over again, except not as bad. Give it about four years like last time and we'll see another era begin.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:41 AM

Car Info: Teh Subie
Mitsubishi (automobiles) is on life support, yes its a 'sign of the times'. Good news for Subie fans, the Pleiades brand is selling everything (except the Tribeca) like hot cakes. No reason the STi line would get killed off.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:47 AM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
Such a sad thing to hear...
Old 03-02-2011, 11:50 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Well, that actually sounds like the future. More folks toward the electric car industry means more ideas and better cars for the rest of us that reduce CO2 emissions and runs green.

Sure why not?
Old 03-02-2011, 11:51 AM

They are trying to get buyers!
Old 03-02-2011, 12:05 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Now y'all know what your fathers (or grandfathers) experienced when Detroit stopped producing Muscle Cars.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:07 PM

Car Info: 06 STI
I am not surprised. Very few can afford to drive these cars when gas prices are expected to go up to $6/gal. A ford mustang makes more power while still achieving 30mpg.

The turbo was always sold by car manufacturers as adding free power while maintaining gas mileage. I still have yet to see a turbo 4-cylinder engine get gas mileage comparable to NA 4-cylinder.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:09 PM

Car Info: Koenigsegg CCX
curious on if older evos 7,8,9's will go up in price along with parts lol. ehh i guess 10's too... only time will tell.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:26 PM

Car Info: 2010 wrb WRX wagon
Oh noes, that is too bad. I would only hope that subaru keeps the line of wrx's there and fresh. While I have always been a fan of the wrx's, the evo's were always the good enemy that you strived to beat.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:37 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
ha!
Originally Posted by brucelee
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
Old 03-02-2011, 12:42 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by rau
ha!