The Mitsubishi Evo is no more

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 04:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: FORD PINTO
well it looks more like 3 more cars are ending also

As part of the overhaul, the Japanese automaker plans to drop at least three current models — Eclipse, Endeavor and Galant — from its U.S. lineup by 2013, while introducing as many as six new electric, hybrid/electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles by 2015.

http://www.insideline.com/mitsubishi...-the-line.html
Old 03-02-2011, 04:23 PM

Car Info: Fast
Big deal. You realize they are still making the Ralliart, right?
Old 03-02-2011, 04:42 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by Krinkov
this.

Without the EVO theres not much of a buisness argument to be made for keeping an STI which many heads at Subaru have been trying to drop for years.

Just like when Mitsu pulled out of WRC, Subaru pulled out a year later

It does kind of make me want to get an EVO X now, its nice having the last model of something great, it will never be obsolete.
I'm almost positive Subaru didn't pull out a year after Mitsubishi did.

I have no idea about the sales figures for Mitsubishi, but Subaru has been increasing every year, I believe including the Impreza. Subaru seems to try and connect with their customer base a lot more than Mitsubishi has done in the recent past. Therefore, I want to believe that the STi will continue on.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
Originally Posted by STi-owns-evo

I have no idea about the sales figures for Mitsubishi, but Subaru has been increasing every year, I believe including the Impreza. Subaru seems to try and connect with their customer base a lot more than Mitsubishi has done in the recent past. Therefore, I want to believe that the STi will continue on.
gas prices will make people change
Old 03-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by STi-owns-evo

Youre right it was 2 years later, I thought Mitsu raced through 2007 but looks like they last raced 2006 (end of the 05 season). Though my point being if Mitsu would have stayed in the WRC, most likely would have as well. And believe me, I hope your right, guess we will see
Old 03-02-2011, 04:56 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Originally Posted by brucelee
I can get a brand new EVO X 2011 with no options (Minus fogs, spoiler, and SSS package, those come with it) in WHITE for around $31.5. If I can sell my STi and put down 5k I could practically have the EVO in full.

Hmmmmm... What to sell for 5k... Anyone want to marry a hot mail order bride?
****ing DIBS!!!!!
Old 03-02-2011, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by aboothman
Big deal. You realize they are still making the Ralliart, right?
you sure about that?
Old 03-02-2011, 05:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by Bouncer
Mitsu was there too - 99 being the last year of a turbocharged eclipse.
Originally Posted by subie OCD
That was a sick car.
Did you know? The Mitsubishi Eclipse is the second most-reviled domestic sports car of all time in Japan.
In fact, outside of the Evo series, most Japanese consider all Mitsubishi's to be crap (including the GTO, FTO, and Galant!). The Pajero is however mildly acceptable, at least according to public consensus.

Special bonus for whoever is savvy enough to name the number one most-reviled domestic sports car of all time in Japan!!
Old 03-02-2011, 05:04 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Originally Posted by Choku Dori
Did you know? The Mitsubishi Eclipse is the second most-reviled domestic sports car of all time in Japan.
In fact, outside of the Evo series, most Japanese consider all Mitsubishi's to be crap (including the GTO, FTO, and Galant!). The Pajero is however mildly acceptable, at least according to public consensus.

Special bonus for whoever is savvy enough to name the number one most-reviled domestic sports car of all time in Japan!!
I was under the impression that the Eclipse wasn't sold in the Japanese market
Old 03-02-2011, 05:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by rau
I was under the impression that the Eclipse wasn't sold in the Japanese market
It was so widely reviled that it was only available for a couple years (2nd gen only). It actually made its Japanese debut nearly a year after its North American debut.

Last edited by Choku Dori; 03-02-2011 at 05:10 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:56 PM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
i'm going to make a crazy guess, Mazda Miata?
Old 03-02-2011, 06:37 PM

Nissan S14!

lol I dunno, what is it??
Old 03-02-2011, 07:09 PM

Car Info: "Shadow"
Mitsu****ty sucks, plain & simple. They used the same 4G63 motor for like 20+ years & finally totally redesigns it just to quickly abandon it for electric/hybrid technology-wtf. I guess that GEMA motor ain't so good after all. I bet ya'll didn't know that the Dodge Caliber SRT-4 shared practically the same motor as the Evo X but was detuned at the last minute as to not make the Evo look bad with it being ten thousand less. It was suppose to be 300 hp too but only ended up with 280-what a shame. I guess nobody would have bought the Evo X if a lower new SRT-4 had the same power. You can also find the same motor albeit slightly altered in Hyundai 4 banger vehicles, since the GEMA alliance was with Dodge,Mitsubishi, & Hyundai. I used to drive a Dodge Challenger made by Mitsu, their history together goes way back man. Mitsu has one of the worst dealerships, customer service, car service, reliability, & sales so for them to do a drastic change is necessary for them to survive. 3 diamond star, more like cubic zerconia imo. Why does it take an Evo 20+ psi stock to make 300 hp when the STi can do it with only 14.5 psi, & that's with a twin scroll not a single...hmmm, if only the STi had those same specs, it would truly be murder! It's sad but true, all good things must come to an end, later Evo!
Old 03-02-2011, 07:25 PM

Car Info: "Shadow"
Mitsu****ty sucks, plain & simple. They used the same 4G63 motor for like 20+ years & finally totally redesigns it just to quickly abandon it for electric/hybrid technology-wtf. I guess that GEMA motor ain't so good after all. I bet ya'll didn't know that the Dodge Caliber SRT-4 shared practically the same motor as the Evo X but was detuned at the last minute as to not make the Evo look bad with it being ten thousand less. It was suppose to be 300 hp too but only ended up with 280-what a shame. I guess nobody would have bought the Evo X if a lower new SRT-4 had the same power. You can also find the same motor albeit slightly altered in Hyundai 4 banger vehicles, since the GEMA alliance was with Dodge,Mitsubishi, & Hyundai. I used to drive a Dodge Challenger made by Mitsu, their history together goes way back man. Mitsu has one of the worst dealerships, customer service, car service, reliability, & sales so for them to do a drastic change is necessary for them to survive. 3 diamond star, more like cubic zerconia imo. Why does it take an Evo 20+ psi stock to make 300 hp when the STi can do it with only 14.5 psi, & that's with a twin scroll not a single...hmmm, if only the STi had those same specs, it would truly be murder! It's sad but true, all good things must come to an end, later Evo!
Old 03-02-2011, 07:34 PM

Car Info: Evo X GSR, F250 Powerstroke Diesel
I think my heart just broke a little bit....what kind of retard wants a stupid EV turdbox instead of a EVO. Its like saying all that people want to buy is Prius's because of the MPG, there is MUCH more to a car than MPG, these cars have no soul at all. You might as well ride a bicycle if you are that worried about MPG's.

Quick Reply: The Mitsubishi Evo is no more