The Mitsubishi Evo is no more

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 03:45 PM

Car Info: Fast
Originally Posted by c279a
really???......my transmission is doing fine, wasn't the subaru 5 speed a ****ty transmission for awhile?
Yes, and it still is. But the comparison is between the EVO and STi, NOT the EVO and WRX.

The 5 speed EVO tranny is pretty stout, but the same cannot be said for the transfer case. The plus side is they are cheap to get built properly.

BruceLee: you are a traitor to Subaru, and your opinion counts for exactly zero. What a waste of a 10k word post LOL
Old 03-03-2011, 03:49 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by aboothman
Yes, and it still is. But the comparison is between the EVO and STi, NOT the EVO and WRX.

The 5 speed EVO tranny is pretty stout, but the same cannot be said for the transfer case. The plus side is they are cheap to get built properly.

BruceLee: you are a traitor to Subaru, and your opinion counts for exactly zero. What a waste of a 10k word post LOL
Hahhahah, I agree, lets all remember that this is between the STi and the EVO, not the WRX and EVO.

I wish the EVO had the STi 6-Speed. I love my 6 speed sooooo much. I drove the paddle shift model too, and it sucked. I know it's dual clutch and blah blah, but without a clutch pedal you are so limited on what you can do with the car. No launching either (which I never really do anyway, but still).
Old 03-03-2011, 03:53 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by brucelee
hahha, shut up. I meant the fact that people were getting all pissed because one car was better than the other. I never understood why people get all mad just because you like a different car than they do.
Yeah
Old 03-03-2011, 04:00 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by Steven@Coach
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/03/followup-mitsubishi-unconvincingly-addresses-evo-death-rumors-v/

www.autoblog.com/2011/03/03/followup-mitsubishi-unconvincingly-addresses-evo-death-rumors-v/

ya funny how that didnt even try to deny it. Sounded more like,

"We're sorry this leaked before we could have our marketing department craft a well worded bull**** press release that would have tried to make it sound nicer."

Old 03-03-2011, 04:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
So will the next lancer be named: Lancer EV1?
Old 03-03-2011, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Krinkov
www.autoblog.com/2011/03/03/followup-mitsubishi-unconvincingly-addresses-evo-death-rumors-v/

"We're sorry this leaked before we could have our marketing department craft a well worded bull**** press release that would have tried to make it sound nicer."

Man, seeing that just sets this ****ty feeling in even more. I was sort of in denial but now that I keep seeing press releases I get more and more sad. Not just because the EVO is dying, but because I know the STi is next. Unless Subaru does something to increase the output of the STi without increasing the price, I don't see the STi continuing sales.... Just like how Subaru pulled out of the WRC, their focus is to make money, and the STi doesn't make them any real money. Like Krinkov said earlier, the numbers are so limited that it makes no big diff if Subaru sells every STi they make because they are still so limited and the profit margin is so low. With the price of gas and the economy steadily staying at a low, most people wont even consider buying an EVO or STi. E-85 is something that can turn this around, more power, cheaper gas = more sales. Imagine if the STi came with 375hp on E-85 from the factory and still cost around the same price. Think of how many people would buy it! Better for the world, cheaper to fuel, way more power = no brain required.

The salesmen told me to switch to E-85 as my first mod. He said that most of his EVO customers who are interested in racing and producing higher HP numbers all switch to E-85. I agree with him and it would probably be the first mod I'd do. I wish there were more E-85 stations and wish STi would come out with a higher output 2.5L tuned for E-85. I think 375 would be pretty easy to obtain and still be reliable and considered a low emissions car.

E-85 can make or break the STi. Lets hope Subaru is reading this!
Old 03-03-2011, 04:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius

Lets hope Subaru is reading this!

They have...FT86 RWD
Old 03-03-2011, 04:49 PM

E-85 can make or break the STi. Lets hope Subaru is reading this!
lol well thats not going to happen

But just an FYI, you can switch an STI over to E85 just as readily as an EVO you know?
Old 03-03-2011, 04:57 PM

lol well thats not going to happen

But just an FYI, you can switch an STI over to E85 just as readily as an EVO you know?
yeah, I know. If I don't buy the EVO, I'll do the E-85 thing and get the car re-tuned (Even though some low life stole my Access Port, *cry* )
Old 03-03-2011, 05:39 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Hatchie

Crap, Seems I just pasted the text and not the link. From reading between the lines I think Mitsu is not going to kill the Evo line, but turn it into a hybrid sports car. They need a product that can stand out and get notice. Besides a few EvoXs on the road I almost never a see a new Mitsu car on the road.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:41 PM

Car Info: Fast
Unless Subaru does something to increase the output of the STi without increasing the price, I don't see the STi continuing sales....
Why does everyone focus on power output? While many people mod for power, the stock STi makes enough power for 90% of the dip**** owners to total the car. I think that they should focus on putting that power to the ground and improving turn in. A couple inexpensive mods DRASTICALLY improve the handling of the STi.

Group-N bushings, slightly bigger sway bars, and a stage 2 setup would make a quick, fast, and nimble car that would fufill the requirements of 95% of STi owners. And for those that do not know, there IS a difference between quick and fast
Old 03-03-2011, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by aboothman
Why does everyone focus on power output? While many people mod for power, the stock STi makes enough power for 90% of the dip**** owners to total the car. I think that they should focus on putting that power to the ground and improving turn in. A couple inexpensive mods DRASTICALLY improve the handling of the STi.

Group-N bushings, slightly bigger sway bars, and a stage 2 setup would make a quick, fast, and nimble car that would fufill the requirements of 95% of STi owners. And for those that do not know, there IS a difference between quick and fast
Jacob pointed this out in the previous thread but was quickly drowned out in the ensuing rabble
Old 03-03-2011, 09:56 PM

Car Info: Evo X GSR, F250 Powerstroke Diesel
The STi isn't safe from this same cutting that Mistu is doing. If you think about it the evo and sti have both thrived and gotten better from competition. Whether it be from the WRC, or just competition for the market share, both cars would not be if they did not have each other. Now that the evo is gone, what is there to keep the STi a top performer??

I would not be surprised if the STi goes to the wayside as well....I mean STi is the rally division of Subaru...that in reality isn't even real anymore. But as my uncle told me "thats how hotrods are born, they tell us they won't make them anymore".
Old 03-03-2011, 10:04 PM

Car Info: Evo X GSR, F250 Powerstroke Diesel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALBYDtdYwik
Old 03-03-2011, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by SR20steve
The STi isn't safe from this same cutting that Mistu is doing. If you think about it the evo and sti have both thrived and gotten better from competition. Whether it be from the WRC, or just competition for the market share, both cars would not be if they did not have each other. Now that the evo is gone, what is there to keep the STi a top performer??

I would not be surprised if the STi goes to the wayside as well....I mean STi is the rally division of Subaru...that in reality isn't even real anymore. But as my uncle told me "thats how hotrods are born, they tell us they won't make them anymore".

this guy said the pretty much the same thing but I think hes full of ****
Without the EVO theres not much of a buisness argument to be made for keeping an STI which many heads at Subaru have been trying to drop for years.

Just like when Mitsu pulled out of WRC, Subaru pulled out a year later

Quick Reply: The Mitsubishi Evo is no more