Endlinks whiteline vs kartboy

Old 04-28-2013, 07:40 PM

Car Info: Subaru STi Sedan '13
Originally Posted by G_Ride
They have an amazing alignment machine, but I was turned down the last time I went there for an alignment. The one doing alignments didn't want to touch camber bolts, even stock ones. Maybe they've changed since then.
Lol well I do need an alignment.. Are you telling me that they will deny me because I don't have aftermarket camber bolts or camber plates?
Old 04-28-2013, 07:42 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
No he means they didn't want to adjust via camber bolts..
Old 04-28-2013, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Heedz
Ahhhh understood sorry never had to deal with any of this before.. Well **** lol I hope they take me..
Old 04-28-2013, 07:45 PM

Car Info: 07 UGM WRX Wagon
They will talk to you about it over the phone. Just lettin you know that it might cost a bit more and take a bit extra time to get you dialed in since the camber bolts are definitely a pain.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by awdorgtfo
They will talk to you about it over the phone. Just lettin you know that it might cost a bit more and take a bit extra time to get you dialed in since the camber bolts are definitely a pain.
Sounds good, I'll have to call them tomorrow afternoon. Thanks a bunch!
Old 04-28-2013, 08:55 PM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
Originally Posted by Heedz
Yup

Originally Posted by awdorgtfo
Camber bolts aren't bad at all, especially if you have the type of equipment that Auto Innovations and Auto RnD have.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:53 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Auto Innovations FTW.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:11 PM

Thanks for all the help lately everyone I am making a couple more purchases soon and will most likely get camber plates and links by the summer along with installing the front center bump steer...
Old 04-28-2013, 11:27 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Originally Posted by G_Ride
They have an amazing alignment machine, but I was turned down the last time I went there for an alignment. The one doing alignments didn't want to touch camber bolts, even stock ones. Maybe they've changed since then.
Originally Posted by oshrizak
Lol well I do need an alignment.. Are you telling me that they will deny me because I don't have aftermarket camber bolts or camber plates?
Spoke to the alignment tech for my most recent alignment. He said he won't even do the rear because he doesn't have the right tools in his toolbox to do the rear. He did the rear once with camber bolts and wasn't able to tighten it properly, so the bolt slipped. They agreed to do my front, but I don't think they were aware that I have 2 sets of camber bolts up front. Anyways, they told me to go to AI because they were unable or not confident enough to try. Said they are ordering a new rear alignment gear from Hunter and will be able to do alignments with the wheels off......... Really. It was possible all the other times with different people.

So I went to AI once again. This time, if anything is my least satisfied visit out of all of the times. They were only able to get it "as close as possible" and there is a difference of .1 camber in the rear. Car veers right now slightly when letting go of the steering wheel. Oh, and their tire pressure gauge is so out of calibration. It reads like 6 psi lower than actual. I thought they had changed my tire pressure for some reason because the numbers on the sheet was way low! It was done quite fast too, under 45 minutes. I was quoted 100-120, and ended up having to pay 120 for a not exact alignment.

Confident alignment shops/ techs are harder and harder to find now. How come my buddy who worked at a dealership was able to get it spot on point for point........

Honestly I can do my own alignments. I need a rack.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by pho_shizzle
Spoke to the alignment tech for my most recent alignment. He said he won't even do the rear because he doesn't have the right tools in his toolbox to do the rear. He did the rear once with camber bolts and wasn't able to tighten it properly, so the bolt slipped. They agreed to do my front, but I don't think they were aware that I have 2 sets of camber bolts up front. Anyways, they told me to go to AI because they were unable or not confident enough to try. Said they are ordering a new rear alignment gear from Hunter and will be able to do alignments with the wheels off......... Really. It was possible all the other times with different people.

So I went to AI once again. This time, if anything is my least satisfied visit out of all of the times. They were only able to get it "as close as possible" and there is a difference of .1 camber in the rear. Car veers right now slightly when letting go of the steering wheel. Oh, and their tire pressure gauge is so out of calibration. It reads like 6 psi lower than actual. I thought they had changed my tire pressure for some reason because the numbers on the sheet was way low! It was done quite fast too, under 45 minutes. I was quoted 100-120, and ended up having to pay 120 for a not exact alignment.

Confident alignment shops/ techs are harder and harder to find now. How come my buddy who worked at a dealership was able to get it spot on point for point........

Now you have me worried Pho which means... that i'll need to work my *** off for the next month to get things quickly without messing around with my alignment a lot... Hopefully the one in Fremont does a good enough job that I can live with for a couple weeks-1.5 months.. so I have time to order stuff.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:57 PM

Now you have me worried Pho which means... that i'll need to work my *** off for the next month to get things quickly without messing around with my alignment a lot... Hopefully the one in Fremont does a good enough job that I can live with for a couple weeks-1.5 months.. so I have time to order stuff.
I'm a very precise and meticulous person. If you do not share the same values or expectations as me, then you might not receive the same experience as a consumer.

Currently your rear camber is not adjustable (correct?), so it would not matter much for the rear factor of the alignment. You can just get the front's aligned.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:03 AM

I'm a very precise and meticulous person. If you do not share the same values or expectations as me, then you might not receive the same experience as a consumer.

Currently your rear camber is not adjustable (correct?), so it would not matter much for the rear factor of the alignment. You can just get the front's aligned.
The rear is fixed so I plan on talking with a couple at the meet on Wed to see what the next step is. I can get the front done and yeah I do like things to be very precise and when I do things to my car I like doing it correctly and not having to go back and redo things if I skip steps. I figured sways, koni, and rce blacks with steering rack bushings is a good start. I plan to do my next install with Mert once I get the camber plates and lateral links since I have a couple other things I want done too. Thanks for the suggestion btw on RBMS.. I was VERY pleased with what he did and the price was pretty damn good for how long he worked on the car.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:17 AM

^ Absolutely! No problem.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:47 AM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru

Sounds like the wheel wasn't completely straight when they aligned your car or maybe they need to recalibrate their equipment. So the rear camber for both sides were .1 degrees from being the same?

The rear is fixed so I plan on talking with a couple at the meet on Wed to see what the next step is. I can get the front done and yeah I do like things to be very precise and when I do things to my car I like doing it correctly and not having to go back and redo things if I skip steps. I figured sways, koni, and rce blacks with steering rack bushings is a good start. I plan to do my next install with Mert once I get the camber plates and lateral links since I have a couple other things I want done too. Thanks for the suggestion btw on RBMS.. I was VERY pleased with what he did and the price was pretty damn good for how long he worked on the car.
Two other shops you might want to check out is Roger Kraus Racing in Castro Valley or Motorsport Techniques in Hayward.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:54 AM

Car Info: 07 STI Built/Widebody/E85/Rotated GTX3576 13 Fozz
Motorsport Techniques in Hayward are awesome. I know lots of people who autocross with us that go there.

Car Parts, Car Accessories, and Auto Repair - Motorsport Techniques

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Endlinks whiteline vs kartboy