Endlinks whiteline vs kartboy

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 11:41 PM

Car Info: Subaru STi Sedan '13
Originally Posted by SkyeC
Yeah, I wouldn't even worry about it, if you drive like a sane person on the street, it'll be fine which ever way you go. The bar is adjustable too so you can play with it a little bit.
Yep I am extremely excited for the list of mods I ordered. Cant wait to go to Mert to get them all installed!

Edit: Because I cant sleep the search for new wheels has begun! I know I cant afford these now but I am loving the look of the Enkei Raijin's I was also told Rota's are good too. I will keep these maintained and looked after so I will notice if these start to get screwed up. I have a feeling my car is going to look really funny for a while because it wont have the right wheels to go with the 1" drop lol

Last edited by oshrizak; 04-13-2013 at 01:49 AM.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:32 AM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
You can also use tire pressures to help with handling
Old 04-13-2013, 08:58 AM

Car Info: 12 STi hatch
you made a good choice nonetheless. however, the gd chassis suspension set up is completely different from the gr; it's like comparing apples to oranges. contact geoff at cygnus performance because he really knows sway bars. i think he did a write up on nasioc and iwsti boards on them. it also depends a lot on your driving style.

fwiw, i have 24f/22r both adjustables, and i drive like a madman make sure to torque down the endlinks tight!
Old 04-13-2013, 09:16 AM

Car Info: 07 UGM WRX Wagon
Your stock wheels won't look bad at all with a 1 inch drop.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:27 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
The GR/GH chassis is weird just like the BP/BL Legacy Chassis.

22MM will act more like a 24MM
24MM acts closer to a 27MM

The front however..... unlike the GD needs a bigger sway for some reason....
Old 04-13-2013, 11:58 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
Great idea on the steering rack bushings...I've had mine in for almost a month now? And I can say that they're worth every penny; especially going from my stock oem 02 ones.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:11 PM

Switching to kartboy, rear whiteline looked bent, upon further inspection it's pretty damn rusted and the rubber parts are blown out. Turds.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:20 PM

Car Info: The Limp Imp
I use to like Whiteline, just about anything aftermarket I have is whiteline (F/R HeavyDuty endlinks, Rear Adj sway, and Steering Rack Bushings) but its for a GC. The only major problem I had is that when trying to install my front endlinks, The urethane was actually too wide to fit in the control arm. I ended up gouging a huge chunk out of the urethane just trying to get them in the control arm mount (and the control arm was out of the car which didn't make it easier, but carving a chunk was actually very easy to do). Almost destroying a brand new product cuz it didn't fit, cuz of a manufacturing defect made me extremely mad.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:53 PM

So from what I'm gathering I'll most likely either just do rear less than front but keep in mind these are adjustable! So I'll have to see with Mert what to do. Going to have to wait on wheels till I need new tires so I'll be getting those possibly this summer.

Edit: switched the sways to 24 front 22 rear. Did some further research and its the better way to go for cornering lol

Last edited by oshrizak; 04-14-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:51 PM

Car Info: SWP STi
hey I may be wrong but from what I been reading, Cuz I'm also in the market for some endlinks, you need to get some spacers for the front kartboy endlinks when using them with whiteline sways.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by ironslug
hey I may be wrong but from what I been reading, Cuz I'm also in the market for some endlinks, you need to get some spacers for the front kartboy endlinks when using them with whiteline sways.
Really now? I didnt read anything about that. I read that whiteline corrected this with I guess making it fit and they had a problem with the first gens for my model. I will let you know as soon as I get them and have everything installed.

Edit: apparently they come with spacers so I think im good to go?

Last edited by oshrizak; 04-15-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:46 PM

Car Info: 2011 STi Sedan Plasma Blue
This is my setup and it rocks!

Just as G_Ride stated, tire pressure makes a difference as well.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
the rear kartboys come with spacers. I installed them a few weeks ago. you use the spacers to line up the endlink for the hole you are using on the adjustable sways
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...40989994_o.jpg
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...38651483_o.jpg

i have whiteline 24mm front on the softer setting, 22mm whiteline on the rear on the hardest setting.

2012 forester

Last edited by Rescuer; 04-15-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:58 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Originally Posted by drpsnwbrdr
The only major problem I had is that when trying to install my front endlinks, The urethane was actually too wide to fit in the control arm. I ended up gouging a huge chunk out of the urethane just trying to get them in the control arm mount (and the control arm was out of the car which didn't make it easier, but carving a chunk was actually very easy to do). Almost destroying a brand new product cuz it didn't fit, cuz of a manufacturing defect made me extremely mad.
I had the same problem, the answer was to tweak the brackets not cut the bushings, but the shop I took it to said cutting the bushings to fit is fine as well based on them contacting Whiteline about it. That is not a defect, the part was probably not specifically for your car as mine are meant for an STI, not a wagon.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by YFZ450Lynx
This is my setup and it rocks!

Just as G_Ride stated, tire pressure makes a difference as well.
The need for coilovers for me was pretty much irrelevant because I dont actually have a use for them. Maybe eventually I will upgrade to them but I doubt I will ever need them. Whats the front lower arm for I saw that part as well but I had no idea if I would need it lol. Also what tire pressure are you playing with? Apparently tire pressure for factory is supposed to be 34 front 32 rear.

Quick Reply: Endlinks whiteline vs kartboy