Endlinks whiteline vs kartboy

Old 04-12-2013, 07:54 PM

Car Info: Subaru STi Sedan '13
Endlinks whiteline vs kartboy

Hey everyone so about to put in my order for suspension.. looks like its about to be expensive Currently looking at the whiteline endlinks and it seems people are saying they break on the newer WRX's and I have heard positive remarks for the kartboy ones.. I thought I would write this up before I purchase anything to tell you all my current status.

I decided since I doubt ill ever do enough track to justify buying the RCE Yellow Kit that I would go with the blacks. Next I am getting Koni Yellows both for front and back.. and of course whiteline sways (22 front 24 rear)... and steering bushings.
Now before I click the dreadful order button, which endlinks do you think I should purchase and, what else should I purchase.

I have spoken with quite a few with you which gave me direction into what to do and all of you have said good things about whiteline but from what I am reading.. I am not quite sure

Any help will be greatly appreciated so I can finally hit the order button and get my parts ASAP lol.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:03 PM

Car Info: 07 UGM WRX Wagon
Kart boy for sure
Old 04-12-2013, 08:05 PM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
I only have experience with both products for the GD, but I never had a problem. If your research is showing more problems with whiteline for your car, then just go with the kartboy stuff.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:59 PM

Well guys, today is a sad but happy day off to drink with friends because im officially poor when it comes to car modifications for the mean time Need to wait to buy new wheels and tires.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:52 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
The kart boy endlinks for your chassis is the right choice.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by pho_shizzle
The kart boy endlinks for your chassis is the right choice.
Thanks pho, I ordered everything and I'll be going to rbms next week if mert has time.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:14 PM

Car Info: 12 STi hatch
Do you have gr chassis? I ask because most of us go with larger bar in front and smaller I rear.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by mooshoo
Do you have gr chassis? I ask because most of us go with larger bar in front and smaller I rear.
Yeah I do, I have heard larger in the rear and 22 in the front.. is there a reason why I should go larger in the front and less in the back? I dont take this car to the track often.. and its really my DD so im open to suggestions and I can probably ask to modify the order
Old 04-12-2013, 10:59 PM

Car Info: 2016 STI
In general, a big rear bar is going to make your car pretty tail-happy. Long ago, I autocrossed and tracked a Civic with a 19/22 set-up and that thing would spin if I looked at it wrong.

24 or 25 front and 20 or 22 rear seems to be the popular combo for GRs. Check the autocross forum on NASIOC for detailed handling reviews.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by SkyeC
In general, a big rear bar is going to make your car pretty tail-happy. Long ago, I autocrossed and tracked a Civic with a 19/22 set-up and that thing would spin if I looked at it wrong.

24 or 25 front and 20 or 22 rear seems to be the popular combo for GRs. Check the autocross forum on NASIOC for detailed handling reviews.
Well crap.. lol time to call up rallysport and see if they will fix it up for me I will do 24 front 22 rear. I dont want my tail to be all over the damn place
Old 04-12-2013, 11:11 PM

Car Info: 07 STI Built/Widebody/E85/Rotated GTX3576 13 Fozz
Originally Posted by oshrizak
Well crap.. lol time to call up rallysport and see if they will fix it up for me I will do 24 front 22 rear. I dont want my tail to be all over the damn place
The 24 rear and 22 front setup you ordered is perfectly fine. I am running that on my 07 STI and a 22 rear 18 front on my 2013 Forester and have no problems with the car being super tail happy.

It will help get rid of that crappy understeer that Subarus all come with. I'd say stay with what you have.

My buddies 2010 STI hatch has a bigger rear bar and when we were autocrossing it last month it was rock solid with no sign of the tail jumping out on us.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by apetron
The 24 rear and 22 front setup you ordered is perfectly fine. I am running that on my 07 STI and a 22 rear 18 front on my 2013 Forester and have no problems with the car being super tail happy.

It will help get rid of that crappy understeer that Subarus all come with. I'd say stay with what you have.

My buddies 2010 STI hatch has a bigger rear bar and when we were autocrossing it last month it was rock solid with no sign of the tail jumping out on us.
crap LOL just emailed them telling them I wanted a change because I was reading about it further... I did ask Mert at RBMS and he also suggested 22 front 24 rear. I am just going to go 22 front 24 rear and if I have issues I am going to return it and swap

Last edited by oshrizak; 04-12-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:17 PM

Car Info: 07 STI Built/Widebody/E85/Rotated GTX3576 13 Fozz
Originally Posted by oshrizak
crap LOL just emailed them telling them I wanted a change because I was reading about it further... I did ask Mert at RBMS and he also suggested 22 front 24 rear.
Yup. Merts good to listen to.

Typical Subaru setup to fix the pigish understeer from the factory is to run a larger rear sway bar then front and have more negative camber in the front vs. the rear.

Example on my STI I run the following:

-3.2 front
-2.0 rear

22mm Sway Front
24mm Adjustable Sway Rear

Even with my giant 18x10.5 wheels with 295/30/18 tires I get very minimal understeer. But its also not super tail happy where I can't get the back end from swinging out all the time.

You wouldn't need as much camber as I am running as an fyi.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by apetron
Yup. Merts good to listen to.

Typical Subaru setup to fix the pigish understeer from the factory is to run a larger rear sway bar then front and have more negative camber in the front vs. the rear.

Example on my STI I run the following:

-3.2 front
-2.0 rear

22mm Sway Front
24mm Adjustable Sway Rear

Even with my giant 18x10.5 wheels with 295/30/18 tires I get very minimal understeer. But its also not super tail happy where I can't get the back end from swinging out all the time.

You wouldn't need as much camber as I am running as an fyi.
I have to figure out whether I need new wheels/tires with my new suspension or not! I know I want to upgrade it eventually but I just dropped almost 2,000 on just suspension! whats your opinion on that? Also, I am pretty sure with the way that the sways are setup on my model is that the negative camber is closer to around -1 to 0 according to a couple people
Old 04-12-2013, 11:40 PM

Car Info: 2016 STI
Yeah, I wouldn't even worry about it, if you drive like a sane person on the street, it'll be fine which ever way you go. The bar is adjustable too so you can play with it a little bit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Endlinks whiteline vs kartboy