Endlinks whiteline vs kartboy

Old 04-15-2013, 11:34 PM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
Yes. We talked about this...
I know. I'm just hassling you, just because.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:06 AM

Car Info: '11 STI
Originally Posted by apetron
No roll cage required. Just a DOT/Snell approved helmet. If you don't have one you can rent one for the day.
or you can buy the one i am selling in the classifieds for cheap

but I am running some RCE sway bars all around both set at full stiff. Once i install my coils though I will be putting the front sway to soft to get a little more rotation.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:41 AM

Car Info: Subaru STi Sedan '13
Thing with the stages is that I wanted to get an overall complete change from what I have. I did want stages and will continue to build on top of what I purchased of course. Flukewrx took me for a ride tonight and damn... Is it nice or what! As for auto cross I figured it was helmet only just had to be sure!! Thanks

Last edited by oshrizak; 04-16-2013 at 12:52 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:10 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Originally Posted by SkyeC
Lots of people also like to dual 25mm RCE swaybars, just to make it even more confusing... And those are hollow instead of solid so they're more like 22s.
Hollow makes zero difference - the size they state is based on the stiffness it provides, and they tweak the wall thickness to get the desired spring rate. So you are 100% off there.

AutoX is a great way to learn and figure out the things that work in the real world, however what gets you the best course time at an AutoX may not be ideal for daily street driving.

Last edited by 04GG; 04-16-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:04 AM

Yep, I'm going to call snail today
Old 04-16-2013, 11:58 AM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: WRX, EVO, MSP3
If people knew the spring rate/sway bar combo we run in our track car they wouldn't believe me and that's with a car that's sits 53/47 weight bias not a nose heavy pig like all AWD 4 bangers come like from the factory.

The issue with a heavy front bias AWD car is when it's pushed to it's limits it starts to drive like a front wheel drive, the front end requires more compliance to allow it too bite.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:59 AM

Don't forget setting your car up to oversteer easily is good for auto-x low speed, but may impact your high speed cornering stability.

Don't you still have to run a stiffer spring in the front due to the motor weight?

Last edited by slow04wrx; 04-16-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:33 PM

Snail says white line 22 front and rear with bump steer to stabilize the difference for roll

Last edited by oshrizak; 04-16-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by slow04wrx
Don't forget setting your car up to oversteer easily is good for auto-x low speed, but may impact your high speed cornering stability.

Don't you still have to run a stiffer spring in the front due to the motor weight?
I am almost positive the fronts are stiffer.

Edit confirmed that they have a stiffer spring rate:
http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Race...wering-Springs

Last edited by oshrizak; 04-16-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:09 PM

Well gentlemen after waiting for so long my order is coming in on the 25th.. Going to contact Mert for an install/maintenance for next week or on Friday if he has space. Pictures will be included as well as a video that my friend will video tape of how it looks / handles. Thanks to everyone for the help.. I still need to buy endlinks which I will do most likely tomorrow.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:42 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
If people knew the spring rate/sway bar combo we run in our track car they wouldn't believe me and that's with a car that's sits 53/47 weight bias not a nose heavy pig like all AWD 4 bangers come like from the factory.

The issue with a heavy front bias AWD car is when it's pushed to it's limits it starts to drive like a front wheel drive, the front end requires more compliance to allow it too bite.
Psht Wut for you know.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:58 PM

Alright guys, so after a long day in the shop my car is fixed! Got the steering rack bushings installed, koni's and springs installed.. Now all I need is an alignment! I forgot to question Mert about the alignment so I am wondering if it changes from factory spec (which I am sure it does) and I am wondering what it should be at.

Coming soon.. I am getting the front bump steer bushings as well as the sway bars installed most likely next week if my order comes in
BTW, the drive feels 10x better even without an alignment lol the car doesnt pull but you can see the steering wheel is completely off center. Handles bumps and what not like a champ and I decided to go for a little spirited driving in the hills over here took turns insanely well
Old 04-27-2013, 02:07 AM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
One thing I wish I did a long time ago was the whiteline roll center kit. Is that what you mean by the bump steer bushings?

If you're getting those soon, wait to get your alignment. My toe was almost off an entire degree after I put those on!!
Old 04-27-2013, 09:43 AM

Car Info: 12 STi hatch
i'd like to try out your steering bushings, as I've been thinking about getting a set. diy install or shop?
Old 04-27-2013, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by STi-owns-evo
One thing I wish I did a long time ago was the whiteline roll center kit. Is that what you mean by the bump steer bushings?

If you're getting those soon, wait to get your alignment. My toe was almost off an entire degree after I put those on!!
Yep its the roll center kit the only problem is that I am not sure if my alignment is off completely or if its just my steering wheel I wasnt able to test it on a straight road yet and I use this as my DD. If I get a tracking number by Monday and hopefully get it by Wednesday I will install and align on friday.

Originally Posted by mooshoo
i'd like to try out your steering bushings, as I've been thinking about getting a set. diy install or shop?
I had to go to a shop since I was getting other stuff done anyways and I doubt I had the right tools to even do it. So far I love the feel of it and if you are around the Peninsula or the East Bay you can check it out.. my car is currently kick *** with what I have done with it and now seeing the drop it gave my car.. I dont think I will be going 18".. I hate the look of huge wheels on a lowered car just not my style.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Endlinks whiteline vs kartboy