all this cop talk...

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 05:23 PM

Car Info: Was 08 Outback XT, Now 06 Sport Edition 4Runner
Originally Posted by brucelee
Another reason I called him a d-bag is because he THREATENED ME at the end of that court day! Did you miss that part?

So stop jumping to conclusions and acting like an a-hole.
He THREATENED YOU with what exactly? A ticket the next time you get caught in the wrong?

I didn't jump to any conclusions. You did curse him on an open forum. But I guess I'm still the a-hole.

Old 05-21-2009, 05:23 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
^^^

Yeah, that's a bunch of BS right there. F' sleeping it off, drive home drunk as fast as you can so you don't get caught!
Old 05-21-2009, 05:27 PM

Car Info: Cage and Slicks and Wing OH MY!!
hahahha... Buuuuusted. Did you tell him you were a cop?

I always identify myself as a cop but not trying to get out of a ticket. if i did wrong i did wrong.

When i get pulled over, i take the keys out of the ignition, place them on the dash. turn on the dome light and put both hands on the steering wheel.

I always say this, "Officer im not trying to get out of a ticket, but I would like to know this if i were in your situation. I am an off duty police officer and my firearm is inside the car."

When he asks for my information, i ask him if i can reach for it. When he says yes, i reach VERY slowly.

Furtive movements scare the hell out of us because we deal with alot of people who hate us, and for all we know they could be reaching for a weapon. (i got a gun off an 86 year old grandma, ever since i treat everybody like they are armed)
Old 05-21-2009, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by ethernectar
He THREATENED YOU with what exactly? A ticket the next time you get caught in the wrong?

I didn't jump to any conclusions. You did curse him on an open forum. But I guess I'm still the a-hole.

that he's going to "Get me" next time... The tone he used was very threatening.

Besides that, he was a douche because of the way he treated me on Mt Hamilton. I wasn't doing ANYTHING but taking some pics on the side of the road that happened to be closed (I didn't see any damn signs!) Not only did he ticket me with a MISDEMEANOR for that, but he also searched my car inside and out and basically threatened to arrest me because he said that I was one of those "racers" that come on to that road and cause havoc.

THATS WHY HE'S A DOUCHE. Is he your father or something? Why are you so offended by the fact that I think he's a douche? And so what if its a public forum? Like I mentioned before, I have a lot of respect for cops, but this one crossed the damn line all because I was parked on side of the road when the road was closed for whatever reason? I didn't even know I was breaking the law. Guy accused me of things I never did, and gave me a friggin misdemeanor for that! He threw the book at me because he simply didn't like me, regardless of how respectful I was being. So that cop can go expire in a very high temperature room.

Quit trolling this thread, you haven't said a word to anyone but me, why? What did I do to you? Why are you so butt hurt over me calling some d-bag cop a d-bag? Are you his secret lover?
Old 05-21-2009, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by flatline
I always identify myself as a cop but not trying to get out of a ticket. if i did wrong i did wrong.

When i get pulled over, i take the keys out of the ignition, place them on the dash. turn on the dome light and put both hands on the steering wheel.

I always say this, "Officer im not trying to get out of a ticket, but I would like to know this if i were in your situation. I am an off duty police officer and my firearm is inside the car."

When he asks for my information, i ask him if i can reach for it. When he says yes, i reach VERY slowly.

Furtive movements scare the hell out of us because we deal with alot of people who hate us, and for all we know they could be reaching for a weapon. (i got a gun off an 86 year old grandma, ever since i treat

everybody like they are armed)
Word. I do the same exact minus the dome light because it comes on automatically. I'd appreciate if people did that if I were a cop, so I do it out of respect.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:37 PM

Car Info: Cage and Slicks and Wing OH MY!!
it just makes things go sooooo much smoother.

no blood pressure gets raised

My life expectancy is only 57. Probably only 50 at the town im working in. Id like to keep it 50 thanks!!!
Old 05-21-2009, 05:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: non subarus
for all that think the cops are all play no work i suggest you request for a ride along and see what really goes down. i have multiple cop friends and trust me its all work 99% of the time.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:57 PM

Car Info: Subaru STI
Had the same thing happen to me, cop lied under oath three times, in which I called him out every time, the judge agreed that I caught him lying, and I still lost. Hang in there bruva!
Old 05-21-2009, 05:59 PM
banned

Car Info: heel'n toe da hoe...
Dude.. I told you call your voice mail and put your phone on the sun visor. record the whole stop. Then you have it saved for court.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:00 PM
SK

Car Info: an EQ tuned box
Originally Posted by kspek
for all that think the cops are all play no work i suggest you request for a ride along and see what really goes down. i have multiple cop friends and trust me its all work 99% of the time.
I believe it. It's an extremely stressful line of work, not to mention dangers involved. It's not a surprise seeing the suicide rate published. I feel bad for them.

When you run into good cops, those are moments that I would described as "proudful". Makes you feel good when they treat you with respect.

When you run into bad ones, it sure leaves a bad taste in your mouth.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:23 PM
SK

Car Info: an EQ tuned box
Yeah, when I was in the academy the TO's (Training officers) would tell us that if we get pulled over by CHP to not even tell them we are city cops because they'll write us every ticket possible for that reason alone. There is a huge rivalry between city cops and CHP.
This, I have no idea. I thought there would be some sort of camaraderie amongst those in uniform.

Sort of OT - I had a recent run in with a CHP and it was a feel-good experience.

To make a long story short, a CHP unit maneuvered around the FXT, doing a circle, if you will. This was on south bound 280, right before Serramonte mall. He pulled up on my side, dropped back, and pulled up on the passenger side. He didn't turn on the siren, only staring directly at the wife and I. I then signaled and merged to the right, while rolling down the window at the same time and asked if he would like me to pull over. He didn't respond. The wife smiled and waved. He sped off.

Come to find out, the Mrs. was moving her head around, dealing with a sore shoulder. From the approaching officer's perspective, it looked as if she was signaling for help (you know, gesturing with your head, hinting at the person beside you).

So yeah, he wasn't out looking to write tickets. He was fully alert and out there looking to assist folks, serving the public.

One of the best LEO encounters in my book.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:21 PM

Car Info: bici putas
from my experience Lafayette, police and otherwise, is where I draw the line between acceptable and unacceptable.

Whole town needs to get over itself.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:30 PM

Car Info: Searching...
^^What about those croctch rockets? Or harlyes? They are way louder than our cars.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:42 PM

Car Info: bici putas
if I get written up *only* for a modified exhaust it's not going to end well for me, and the officer may want to wash their face off in the meantime.

Cops overstepping the line of reason make me sooooo aaaaaaannnnnngggrrryyyy!!!!!!!

and then I turn green
Old 05-21-2009, 07:52 PM

Car Info: 2017 Limited Edition BRZ
In my opinion.. cops aren't all as bad as everyone claims. I've grown up having to deal with cops and not because I wanted to but because they were called. When I was younger, I hated cops. I didn't know why I did, I just knew I did. When you're younger, you don't care about what's right or wrong, because you will always think that you are right. It's called being a kid you know? As I got older I started understanding why there were cops around. I don't hate them nowadays because I do understand what they have to deal with. Not all cops are bad. Yes there are some who go on power trips but who really cares? Just learn to let it go. In life, you will meet those types of people.. You determine your mood and how you will go about life, not them. Trust me.. most cops are just doing their jobs and they won't even think twice about you, whereas, you will go on and on about how they wronged you.. Not only are you unhappy and pissed off but you're letting them get to you..

I've had run in with cops but I never got a ticket. Why? Because I was nice and respectful to them as I am to everyone else. I don't want to make their jobs any more difficult for them (put yourself in their shoes; how would you feel if you had to deal with some moody *ss person who hates you before they even got the chance to meet you).. because that is what it is.. a job.

What I find admirable about that career is the fact that many cops do care about people, otherwise they wouldn't be officers. Who wants to get shot at anyway? I sure don't. But they are the ones who would be willing to take a bullet for you.

There are some cops who, yes, unfortunately, go overboard and start profiling. I know it sucks to get profiled because of the car you drive but like some have said.. they have nothing better to do at times. Most cops know you have something illegal in your car and some will state ref you.. BUT some wouldn't.. I've met many many police officers growing up.. and to be honest.. if the world decided to not be so close-minded, they would actually realize how much some officers do care about their safety.

For example, when my dad was abusive to my mom, officers came. At the time I HATED cops because I didn't understand why they were taking my dad away.. but now I understand they took him away because he was a danger to my mom as well as myself.

Until you are able to see more than just the black and white, only then will you truly understand. Cops don't do things for NO reason.. Majority of the time there is a reason. If the officer decides to be a jerk, then call that guy hiding behind that uniform a jerk. Why call every other officer a jerk? It's like saying.. "I don't like this guy/girl because he's wearing red. I don't care who he is, whether s/he is a nice guy/girl, as long as s/he's wearing red, I hate them." This is the close-minded cr*p I'm talking about..

Most officers are very nice and they are just doing their jobs... Don't hate them for it. If you know you broke the law, then just take responsibility for your own actions. You're all old enough to know better. As much as I hate getting pulled over for dumb things, I know they had a good reason for doing so.. As far as the officer who decides to be a jerk.. hate the jerk for all I care.. he deserves to be disliked for having such a negative attitude.. but that does not mean that all officers are douche bags.

Trust me.. I know some people who always go off complaining about how they got state reffed for this and that and hate the officer.. Technically you are breaking the law and you're just upset you got caught.. You ran the risk of getting caught in the first place and you knew everything was illegal, so why get mad? If the officer was rude and whatnot, then get his badge number, file a complaint and call it a day. Life's too short to b#&ch and complain about who did this and that.

But I also keep in mind the fact that some officers DO profile because of the car you drive.. that in itself sucks a lot but majority of the things they get us for is technically illegal. My big thing is when they start calling us "street racers" and accuse us of "illegally street racing" when they did not catch us in the act of committing such crimes. That is when I will hit them with the big "police profiling against people who drive modified cars."

All in all.. I just wanted to make the point that.. if you're too close-minded to reality, then that will be your downfall.. People are afraid and hate what they don't understand.

That is all.

Quick Reply: all this cop talk...