all this cop talk...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 06:09 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX wagon, faster than walkin'
Officer, Peace Officer, Police officer, Policeman (woman)...idiot with a badge, but not cop

Copping is what you do to your date when she's distracted or falls asleep because you're too exciting.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:01 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
About the only thing that the French are good for.....
Hairy armpits?
Old 05-22-2009, 08:33 PM
banned

Car Info: heel'n toe da hoe...
Feeding pirates?
Old 05-22-2009, 09:09 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by C89ZX7R

You don't look anything like the cop above Bruce.
You've never seen me in real life, so how would you know? I always look different in pictures for some reason, but if you saw me in real life you'd agree with Flatline. Especially when I do my hair like him. We could easily be brothers.

Cheston,

Man, that's crazy that you were classmates. I read his biography (that someone wrote about him, few pages long). He was such a good guy with such a promising future... Sucks that his daughter has to grow up without such a great father.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:19 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
I had to do a double-take. Give the man a five o'clock shadow and elvis chops, I don't think I could tell the two apart.
~mrs. brucelee
Old 05-22-2009, 09:40 PM

Car Info: Cage and Slicks and Wing OH MY!!
daniel why dont you join a police department.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:49 PM
banned

Car Info: heel'n toe da hoe...
They won't let him use his guns..... Lol
Old 05-22-2009, 10:00 PM

Lol

i can imagine daniel riding in a car with like 15 mounts for weapons hahaha
Old 05-22-2009, 11:36 PM

CHP get paid overtime for every ticket that ends up going to court.
Every officer at every level that I know, gets paid OT for court, so they make their court appearances. A local city cop that I know also told me that his annual review looks bad if he misses too many court appearances, so extra money plus improved annual reviews = they appear in court.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by flatline
daniel why dont you join a police department.
I thought he did....
Old 05-22-2009, 11:48 PM

Car Info: Teh Subie
Originally Posted by brucelee
Court is a joke.

I got nabbed for driving on a closed road once by the Mt Hamilton cop... My name is called and he's not there, so the judge says "Well, he's never absent, so lets wait to see if he shows up... (W T F?!?!?). So 45 mins go by and court ends, and I'm still waiting there... The judge finally allows me to go because the cop didn't show up, and this is 45mins AFTER I was called! They waited till everyone else was done, then waited an extra 10 mins after that... As I'm walking out, guess who pulls into the parking lot? The bastard Mt Hamilton cop (If you guys know him, he's really a douchebag... not cuz he's a cop, but because he's really mean)... Of course he recognizes me and says "It's your lucky day today, but I'll get you next time, don't you forget it!"... The bastard straight up threatens me! What the f' kind of cop is he!?

But yeah, I won that day no thanks to the dick head judge and cop.
Its never appropriate when someone with authority makes threats, eh. At least you got lucky and he didn't abuse his authority, or somehow got you convicted without due process.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:10 AM

Car Info: Fast
It is obvious that this "discussion" is going nowhere. Some people appreciate cops and the job they do. Some people appreciate the job that some cops do, and think that others abuse their power in the pursuit or self indulgence and settling personal debts and vendettas. And finally, some people just hate cops and what they stand for in general.

Yes there are ****ty cops, and yes there are good cops that actually protect the public and help citizens out. So lets get over it, or do something about it. Either way, this **** is getting old.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by AntiochCali
Every officer at every level that I know, gets paid OT for court, so they make their court appearances. A local city cop that I know also told me that his annual review looks bad if he misses too many court appearances, so extra money plus improved annual reviews = they appear in court.

You dont get OT for EVERY court appearance. If the court date is during your shift, you get your regular pay.

Not only do you lose credibility if you dont show up to court, the court can actually find you in contempt if you dont show up (probably not going to happen for traffic, more likely for criminal court.)
Old 05-23-2009, 08:31 AM

Car Info: 97' Dodge Cummins and an RSTI thingie
I've been convicted when the evidence showed:

The cop had not verified his equipment

The radar unit was out of calibration when my ticket was issued

The cop was late to the court hearing.
Was this in Roseville because the SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME. Not only did I have the evidence that the radar unit was out of calibration, but I got the officer to identify on a unmarked map (I had a marked map with the city speed limits) where he pulled me over, which showed that I was in a 35 mph zone, when he said I was in a 25 mph zone. I showed up in a suit and tie, clean shaven and with all of my evidence in easily identified order.

The judge convicted me and said the evidence was invalid because the expiration date showed "The date that calibrating machine expired" which would still make the readings invalid.... To make thigns better, because I had a previous speeding ticket 2 years prior he threatened that it "seemed" that I had a speeding problem and that he could suspend my license. I asked if I could get traffic school for it, he denied it and he said he wanted a 2000 word essay from me telling him why it was dangerous to speed. I asked if I wrote the essay if he would allow me to not have the point and pay the fee only. He laughed at me and said "Your reward for writing your essay is not losing you license."

Not only did I have evidence saying I was right, but he made it a point to belittle me in court. Since he was being a douche I made him look like an idiot by asking what format he wanted the essay to be in, he looked at me puzzled and said "Normal format" and I said "Well your honor, there are 2 main types of formats for college level essays, you should know them since you presumably went to college." and he says "whatever format you'd like" so then I replied with "Yes your honor, I'll make it easy for you to read too." and walked out.

/rant

Anyways I think that people need to have more respect for LEOs, someone said it best that we only like them when we call 911. I work with a lot of Leos day in and day out, I get to see a lot of the good ones, but some of the d-bags as well and I agree that the jerks ruin it for everyone else. I don't think that any officer is justified in being an ahole undeservedly to people, especially if the person being pulled over is respectful.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:07 AM

Car Info: Nadda
I don't understand how this can happen in court. Sure some judges are cool, some are not. If they have the power to affect someone else lives because they feel like it or they know they can get away with it, isn't that abusive? Should it be us, the citizen that have to bring around tape recorders/camcorders to have to display such lack of honor? We might as well bring a built in camcorder hidden everywhere we go. A lot of people say "a few ruin it for the rest" but imagine what happens when the cameras aren't rolling, and these people are never caught and I am 100% positive that it isn't just a "few" in the population. A few from a group of maybe a hundred is a lot is a bigger percentage.

Citizens get flicked off the table like maggots when an over zealous judge and/or LEO are not doing their job. We have to change the way they behave, maybe by getting hard evidence or continuously reporting/showing these absurd acts for our rights and equality. This happens all too often.

Quick Reply: all this cop talk...