all this cop talk...

Old 05-21-2009, 04:02 PM

Car Info: 07 specB
all this cop talk...

i had a hearing yesterday for a BS speeding ticket. i pled not guilty because this piece of **** Lafayette cop literally stated that "the color of my car didnt help me" when i called him out for profiling me because i know for a fact i was NOT speeding! i was stuck behind some lady for over a mile doin the speed limit

-so i go to court and he's not there and im thinking that i finally caught a lucky break, my name is called and i step up and the judge says "take a seat, the officer is looking for the tickets in his car"...some straight BS! dude was 15 minutes late to the hearing and called ahead so i have to wait?!?! I was ON TIME! and i was found guilty at a hearing in the past for being 2 minutes late and missing role call...is that fair?!

-so during the case i ask if he locked in my supposed speed on his radar because all he had was an estimated speed going the other direction with a fat median of trees and bushes between us!....NO he didnt

-ok, then i ask if he stated the comment about my cars color and such and he LIES UNDER OATH! and then later basically admits to said comment by rearranging how he said it!

-drumroll....and i was still found GUILTY! are u FN kidding me?!

i will be filing an appeal and probably losing again, kinda sad

Cliffnotes: **** OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM and THE CROOKED COPS THAT CARRY OUT THE DIRTY WORK ... it must be nice to be on that side of the badge

THERE IS NO JUSTICE IN A SYSTEM DESIGNED TO GENERATE REVENUE...PERIOD

that is all...insert your criticism. only i know what really happened and everybody is entitled to their own opinon but dont be so quick to think that "serve and protect" is really the case anymore
Old 05-21-2009, 04:09 PM

Car Info: n/a
Sounds pretty bad.

Fortunately for myself, and my cousins, my mom's a police officer over in SF. And that's where we get all of our tickets at. And because my mom is as nice as she is, we get off of all of them.

Anyway, it sounds like the cop was a complete dick. Good luck on that appeal.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:11 PM
BAM9 Ladies choice Carshow winner

Car Info: 13 FR-S/05 STI
blame the the person behind the badge; not what the badge represents. I apologize for this situation. THERE ARE DIRT BAG PEOPLE, who represent and stand behind the badge in a foul way. Anyway, not all cops are like this.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:14 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
exactly!!

Originally Posted by STI RUSH
blame the the person behind the badge; not what the badge represents. I apologize for this situation. THERE ARE DIRT BAG PEOPLE, who represent and stand behind the badge in a foul way. Anyway, not all cops are like this.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:23 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
This stuff happens and there is nothing you can really do. The cop is not going admit what he did because its your word vs his and there is no proof on your side. if he admitted what he said he would be in huge trouble and even more if he is on probation for being new. I would suggest doing written declaration next time since as others have said he doesn't get paid to write a letter refuting you but he gets a lot of money to come to court.

Also, you can attempt to record them on your phone when you get pulled over asking them for their badge number and such so if they so/do anything you have it on tape. The draw back about this is they get pissed and write you up for every little thing from taking off your seatbelt before you turn off the car to complete engine inspection and so on.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:23 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Court is a joke.

I got nabbed for driving on a closed road once by the Mt Hamilton cop... My name is called and he's not there, so the judge says "Well, he's never absent, so lets wait to see if he shows up... (W T F?!?!?). So 45 mins go by and court ends, and I'm still waiting there... The judge finally allows me to go because the cop didn't show up, and this is 45mins AFTER I was called! They waited till everyone else was done, then waited an extra 10 mins after that... As I'm walking out, guess who pulls into the parking lot? The bastard Mt Hamilton cop (If you guys know him, he's really a douchebag... not cuz he's a cop, but because he's really mean)... Of course he recognizes me and says "It's your lucky day today, but I'll get you next time, don't you forget it!"... The bastard straight up threatens me! What the f' kind of cop is he!?

But yeah, I won that day no thanks to the dick head judge and cop.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:25 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by ruehl
I would suggest doing written declaration next time since as others have said he doesn't get paid to write a letter refuting you but he gets a lot of money to come to court.
Ding ding ding! This is golden. If you were a cop, would you write an extensive letter to the court for some case if you weren't getting paid for it? I know I wouldn't... would you go to court because you get paid almost double? Hell yeah I would!
Old 05-21-2009, 04:26 PM

A little off tangent. . . .

I speak for myself and all other cops,

When we pull someone over, the last thing that is on our mind is 'writing a ticket.' We hate paperwork just like everybody else does. When we approach a car, the first thing on our mind is, i hope this guy doesn't start shooting at me or taking off.

Yes we should treat everyone with respect, in a impartial and non-biased manner. The public deserves that. But at the same time, the public hates us, UNTIL they call 911.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:30 PM

Car Info: '14 Wrx Hatchback
I 100% agree to protect and serve should be removed and " to judge and intimidate" can replace it . I have written several posts about the bias (against imports) garbage that law enforcement has incorperated into eveyday patrol, such as the modified exhaust and smog violations. All my opinions have been based on personal experiance and not hating police because i do not hate the police , i just think in our current economic situation revenue is more important than acually protecting and serving.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:34 PM

Car Info: 07 specB
Brucelee... sounds like the guys i always get!

and believe me i know a couple good cops and i want to have faith in law enforcement, i mean im a veteran and i def dont want pure anarchy in the streets. ive got stories that would leave peoples jaws dropped at the injustices ive dealt with. i even got laughed at by an insurance rep for some of my ridiculous tickets that ive gotten...
Old 05-21-2009, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by damianwrb07
I 100% agree to protect and serve should be removed and " to judge and intimidate" can replace it . I have written several posts about the bias (against imports) garbage that law enforcement has incorperated into eveyday patrol, such as the modified exhaust and smog violations. All my opinions have been based on personal experiance and not hating police because i do not hate the police , i just think in our current economic situation revenue is more important than acually protecting and serving.
COPS don't write the law. We just enforce the laws that the state of california has set upon us.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:36 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi Silver
Originally Posted by STI RUSH
A little off tangent. . . .

I speak for myself and all other cops,

When we pull someone over, the last thing that is on our mind is 'writing a ticket.' We hate paperwork just like everybody else does. When we approach a car, the first thing on our mind is, i hope this guy doesn't start shooting at me or taking off.

Yes we should treat everyone with respect, in a impartial and non-biased manner. The public deserves that. But at the same time, the public hates us, UNTIL they call 911.
I think city cops are a little different than CHP. Their job is to write as many tickets as they can. Also, I know a douchebag cop that gets off on writing tickets because he wants to get a lot of citations and go up the ladder. AND some cities have cops that have NOTHING better to do than write BS tickets because the cities do not have a high crime rate.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:36 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by scoo*B
THERE IS NO JUSTICE IN A SYSTEM DESIGNED TO GENERATE REVENUE...PERIOD
Quote of the ****ing year right there.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by BoxerRumble
I think city cops are a little different than CHP. Their job is to write as many tickets as they can. Also, I know a douchebag cop that gets off on writing tickets because he wants to get a lot of citations and go up the ladder. AND some cities have cops that have NOTHING better to do than write BS tickets because the cities do not have a high crime rate.
Did you know that most CHP cops will write a city cop a ticket? We police ourselves as well.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:39 PM

Car Info: '14 Wrx Hatchback
^^^ law enforcement have very difficult jobs and should be appreciated for keeping the streets safe but the majority of chevy trucks are louder than our subies , bust them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: all this cop talk...