all this cop talk...

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 04:40 PM

Car Info: Was 08 Outback XT, Now 06 Sport Edition 4Runner
Originally Posted by brucelee
Court is a joke.

I got nabbed for driving on a closed road once by the Mt Hamilton cop...

But yeah, I won that day no thanks to the dick head judge and cop.
So you're here on the site calling him a bastard, douchebag, bastard (again) and dick because you had to wait 45 minutes, AND you got out of the ticket. Take a deep breath and get over it.
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Please step back and look at the entire justice system, then rethink your all inclusive statement of "no justice."
BAM9 Ladies choice Carshow winner

Car Info: 13 FR-S/05 STI
Originally Posted by damianwrb07
^^^ law enforcement have very difficult jobs and should be appreciated for keeping the streets safe but the majority of chevy trucks are louder than our subies , bust them.

haha, if it was only that easy. honestly, i hate doing traffic citations.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:43 PM

Fact: Cops don't go up the ladder writing a lot of tickets. If that was a incentive for promotion, everyone would be a Chief of Police

Just like every other job, education and working beyond what your job title dictates it what helps cops go up the ladder.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:46 PM

Fact:

Traffics Stops are #1 Most Dangerous Situations to Respond to
#2 Most Dangerous Domestic Responses
Old 05-21-2009, 04:50 PM

Car Info: '14 Wrx Hatchback
well the law should be rewritten to allow everyone (not just corvettes) to modify their exhausts and retain a certain db and carb legal cats
Old 05-21-2009, 04:52 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by STI RUSH
A little off tangent. . . .

I speak for myself and all other cops,

When we pull someone over, the last thing that is on our mind is 'writing a ticket.' We hate paperwork just like everybody else does. When we approach a car, the first thing on our mind is, i hope this guy doesn't start shooting at me or taking off.

Yes we should treat everyone with respect, in a impartial and non-biased manner. The public deserves that. But at the same time, the public hates us, UNTIL they call 911.
In my years I've learned a lot about cops and their behavior...

When I was a teen cops were always the enemy, no matter how right they were, they were always wrong in my mind. "Why did they pull me over?", "I was barely speeding", etc, etc. I was rung through the ringer more than once by cops, and I never stopped to question why? Why are these cops treating me this way? It wasn't until I matured a bit that I realized that they are treating me this way because I'm treating then with little to no respect. It's not until you realize what cops have to go through every single day that you stop to think that maybe they have to keep their guard up when they come up to strangers... Maybe they are tired of people treating them with little respect? How would I feel if people treated me like crap all the time, and when I pull them over they treat me like I'm the scum on the earth... How would I feel about that? Well, I wouldn't like it at all and I'd be an *** too if I was treated as such...

After that, when I was pulled over for whatever, no matter how angry the cop was, I'd go out of my way to treat them with respect and be as submissive as possible to show him/her that I respect what they do, and that I mean them no harm. You'd be amazed at how far a little bit of respect will go when dealing with a public servant (anyone that deals with the public). Respect is a breath of fresh air to a lot of cops, if you're honest, respectful, and submissive, you'll be treated as such...

Put yourself in the cop's positon, not just for the moment, but think about what that cop has to deal with day in and day out... The lowest of the low. They deal with criminals... What criminal likes cops? So when they pull you over they don't know if you're a good guy that is going to treat them with respect, which is RARE and its highly unlikely, or are they going to encounter someone that treats them like crap? Anything from being verbal to just rolling their eyes... that stuff taxes our officers and wears on them, you have to remember that. If you go out of you way to be courteous, you might just get treated the same way. Being nice goes a long way in this world, especially in the eyes of cops.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:55 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
Please step back and look at the entire justice system, then rethink your all inclusive statement of "no justice."
I agree with the assertion; from another thread I posted in:

Originally Posted by saqwarrior
Nietzsche believed that true justice could only exist between equals because the more powerful will almost always take advantage of those less powerful than themselves. So when that idea is applied on a large scale, real justice can only exist in an egalitarian society.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by ethernectar
So you're here on the site calling him a bastard, douchebag, bastard (again) and dick because you had to wait 45 minutes, AND you got out of the ticket. Take a deep breath and get over it.
Uh, no, actually the reason I'm calling him a d-bag is because he treated me like utter crap on the day that he pulled me over... I don't think I've ever been treated that badly by an officer in my life. He acted like I just killed a cop or something, but I was just driving on a damn closed road... hell, I was even stopped! PARKED ON A CLOSED ROAD!

Another reason I called him a d-bag is because he THREATENED ME at the end of that court day! Did you miss that part?

The judge was also very unfriendly... Def one of the worst I've dealt with. There are some really cool judges out there, fair and nice, but this guy was just a bastard.

So stop jumping to conclusions and acting like an a-hole.

I don't hate cops, I just hated HIM. I'm a big time LEO supporter, and even went through the police academy! I have a lot of friends in LE.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:59 PM

Did you know that most CHP cops will write a city cop a ticket? We police ourselves as well.
Yeah, when I was in the academy the TO's (Training officers) would tell us that if we get pulled over by CHP to not even tell them we are city cops because they'll write us every ticket possible for that reason alone. There is a huge rivalry between city cops and CHP.

Like the movie super troopers... There's actually some truth to it! lol

Weird, huh?
Old 05-21-2009, 05:01 PM

Car Info: Cage and Slicks and Wing OH MY!!
blame the the person behind the badge; not what the badge represents. I apologize for this situation. THERE ARE DIRT BAG PEOPLE, who represent and stand behind the badge in a foul way. Anyway, not all cops are like this.
mark you are completely right. sounds like a rotten cop.

but not all cops are like this. id say mayb e 1% if not less.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:04 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by brucelee
Yeah, when I was in the academy the TO's (Training officers) would tell us that if we get pulled over by CHP to not even tell them we are city cops because they'll write us every ticket possible for that reason alone. There is a huge rivalry between city cops and CHP.

Like the movie super troopers... There's actually some truth to it! lol

Weird, huh?
Really? I always figured that they would watch out for each other...
Old 05-21-2009, 05:08 PM

Car Info: Cage and Slicks and Wing OH MY!!
I just got a ticket on the freeway the other day =/ Expired reg.... bastard hahaha

I deserved it though, reg was expired for three months.... oh well.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by flatline
I just got a ticket on the freeway the other day =/ Expired reg.... bastard hahaha

I deserved it though, reg was expired for three months.... oh well.
hahahha... Buuuuusted. Did you tell him you were a cop?
Old 05-21-2009, 05:22 PM

Car Info: WRX TR MY07
Bit of a tangent but a friend of mine got a DWI last week for sleeping in his Prius, keys in his pocket. They argued that since it has the radio based push button startup he was operating the vehicle. That really served the public intrest well right? Next time guess who's gonna drive home drunk instead of trying to sleep it off.

Point being most of them obviously just want to generate revenue these days and don't really care if they serve any actual public interest.

Quick Reply: all this cop talk...