Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review Feel free to discuss vendor experiences but please don't use the forum as your own private soapbox to perpetually bash specific vendors.

Let the drama begain

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 04:36 PM

Car Info: you've got an electrical problem.
Originally Posted by 1WRX2NV
I have had GST install my new built motor and everything that goes with it...and plan on getting the rest installed by GST.

Your play by play of everything going on is annoying...what is the purpose??? I know for a fact that Mike is more than willing to make matters correct...even if they are matters that he is not responsible for...

I know for a fact that the image and the bad name your trying to give them is something that is not like GST and most people know this as well...or else there would be TONS of people posting similar threads...

SO...if your not going to let Mike correct the problems "you" say they caused...go on with your plans to fix them yourself or have someone else fix them...in the mean time we dont need to hear all the things you are "finding" days after the facts...sounds fishy to me...you sound like the type of person that would have a bad rep with more than just 1 shop.....

-freddie
Are you for real?

I gave them plenty of times to fix their stuff and so on and still spending money there. So ... If you dont like what your reading then move on. I'm not on a witch hunt. I have not told mike I want a full refund. I also do not care to. I am sharing my problems. He has had a chance to respond. And as you can see. Everything I have listed must have been correct. Otherwise he'd outlined them.

So .... when your car has many problems and then catches fire... After dealing with this .... you can keep quite too.

Yes I am fixing my car now myself. Its a shame that this has taken place. Will this end here? I have to think on it. I'm not sure. Im up to about $800 in parts right now. Plus my time.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
I love the people saying how mike will do work any day of the week when thatchas nothing to do with the situation....I'd actually prefer a mechanic that rests on the weekends
Old 11-03-2007, 05:27 PM

I have had GST install my new built motor and everything that goes with it...and plan on getting the rest installed by GST.

Your play by play of everything going on is annoying...what is the purpose??? I know for a fact that Mike is more than willing to make matters correct...even if they are matters that he is not responsible for...

I know for a fact that the image and the bad name your trying to give them is something that is not like GST and most people know this as well...or else there would be TONS of people posting similar threads...

SO...if your not going to let Mike correct the problems "you" say they caused...go on with your plans to fix them yourself or have someone else fix them...in the mean time we dont need to hear all the things you are "finding" days after the facts...sounds fishy to me...you sound like the type of person that would have a bad rep with more than just 1 shop.....

-freddie
Originally Posted by 06STi
Are you for real?

I gave them plenty of times to fix their stuff and so on and still spending money there. So ... If you dont like what your reading then move on. I'm not on a witch hunt. I have not told mike I want a full refund. I also do not care to. I am sharing my problems. He has had a chance to respond. And as you can see. Everything I have listed must have been correct. Otherwise he'd outlined them.

So .... when your car has many problems and then catches fire... After dealing with this .... you can keep quite too.

Yes I am fixing my car now myself. Its a shame that this has taken place. Will this end here? I have to think on it. I'm not sure. Im up to about $800 in parts right now. Plus my time.
I was going to edit what I said but I will not...

I do find it funny... That the bigger then life shop has a problem. And when its all said and done, Certain people just cant belive its true. So what is one to do....
OH Yeah... Blame the customer The guy with the problem. When there is no other reason... Blame the customer. It his fault... GST could never have a bad day... Shift the blame back....

I wish mike the best.. I hope he takes this and like I said in another post. Slows the snow ball.......
Old 11-03-2007, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
I love the people saying how mike will do work any day of the week when thatchas nothing to do with the situation....I'd actually prefer a mechanic that rests on the weekends
Yes great point.

When you burn the candle at both ends..... You burn out and or make mistakes....
Old 11-03-2007, 05:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: WRX, EVO, MSP3
It's not that at all, I've learnt long ago there is nothing to be gained going back and forth online which is why in my original post I apologized for any issues and offered to make right.

All I can do is stand up and offer to make right, regardless of fault/blame or what have you.

Mike
Old 11-03-2007, 05:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: WRX, EVO, MSP3
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
I am not a mechanic and don't do anything mechanical here except help people that come by on weekends for one thing or another.

Just to make something clear to everyone, we do not have any mechanics on staff on the weekend and only take weekend bookings on a special circumstance basis this is nothing new this is and has always been our policy since we opened.

Mike
Old 11-03-2007, 07:14 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
I am not a mechanic and don't do anything mechanical here except help people that come by on weekends for one thing or another.

Just to make something clear to everyone, we do not have any mechanics on staff on the weekend and only take weekend bookings on a special circumstance basis this is nothing new this is and has always been our policy since we opened.

Mike
I was actually just making a general statement
Old 11-04-2007, 10:56 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Thumbs down

I was going to edit what I said but I will not...

I do find it funny... That the bigger then life shop has a problem. And when its all said and done, Certain people just cant belive its true. So what is one to do....
OH Yeah... Blame the customer The guy with the problem. When there is no other reason... Blame the customer. It his fault... GST could never have a bad day... Shift the blame back....

I wish mike the best.. I hope he takes this and like I said in another post. Slows the snow ball.......
Wow!!! You're a TOOL!!! Things go wrong, F'n deal with it. Confidence and standing by ones work is just as important after the sale. You are a fool to think you're going to walk out of any shop with no problems.
GST will always do their best. In the event something goes wrong, the do their best to fix it.

Do you think there is a "written in stone" standard? Every one of these cars has it's problems. Don't want the problems? Leave it alone. Every item you change on the car poses a potential problem. If you're not going to allow GST a chance to resolve this; STFU.

You're coming off as a real TOOL.

Have a nice day.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:31 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by ipozestu
Wow!!! You're a TOOL!!! Things go wrong, F'n deal with it. Confidence and standing by ones work is just as important after the sale. You are a fool to think you're going to walk out of any shop with no problems.
GST will always do their best. In the event something goes wrong, the do their best to fix it.

Do you think there is a "written in stone" standard? Every one of these cars has it's problems. Don't want the problems? Leave it alone. Every item you change on the car poses a potential problem. If you're not going to allow GST a chance to resolve this; STFU.

Have a nice day.
I'm not siding with anyone, but I'm pretty sure he said he took it back a few times so it's not like he didn't give them a chance.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:18 PM

Car Info: 2006 Subaru STI
WOW!!! I hope you can work things out with GST. I been going to them for awhile now. They have always been on point with me and the cars i bring them...
Old 11-04-2007, 02:30 PM

Car Info: 2011 OBP STi
Originally Posted by ipozestu

Have a nice day.
i believe he did give them multiple chances to fix the problem and you are the one that is coming off as a tool.

i don't think he made this thread to resolve the problem, he made the thread to let people know that GST MAY NOT BE what it is worked up to be. if i was put into his position i would've made a thread about it too.
you bring your to a shop to receive professional service, i know sometimes everything doesn't come out the way you like it but his car was set on fire for crying out loud.

(i'm not siding with anyone but i think you went out of line by telling him to stfu if he doesn't want to resolve the problem and to ****ing deal with it)

Last edited by DeZt; 11-04-2007 at 02:35 PM.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:23 PM

Car Info: 02 STi
Originally Posted by DeZt

i don't think he made this thread to resolve the problem, he made the thread to let people know that GST MAY NOT BE what it is worked up to be.
Dude every shop that is in this type of business has problems...there are NO perfect shops!!! GST has never claimed to be perfect....their great reputation has come from happy customers that have seen first hand how good they are!!

How many bad posts can you find about GST???...how many good posts can you find???

All I know is that if my car caught on fire after someone worked on it...the car would be towed right back to that shop, I would have tow truck receipts, and would have posted pics...ect.

All we have so far is a one sided story...I know the GST crew personaly and I know they would not lie or twist stories around to work to thier benefit...I dont know this 06Sti guy so I couldnt vouch for him at all.

We should really let the parties INVOLVED handle this and quit putting our useless opinions that will keep going and going and going...06 STi said what he wanted to say...GST said what they wanted to say...WE WILL NOT RESOLE THIS BY POSTING...let them work it out.

reply what you want...but I'm done....

https://www.i-club.com/forums/subscr...0ec169911ed67a

-freddie
Old 11-04-2007, 05:45 PM

How many bad posts can you find about GST???...how many good posts can you find???

A

That argument isn't valid because most of the people who may have had problems with GST (I've never been there so I can't say anything, just giving u a different point of view) won't post negative comments about them because they'll just get flamed by all the GST fanbois that are friends with Mike and Tommy and whatnot.

It was like Gruppe-S. How many bad posts did u find before GST spun off into their own company? Then when they did spin off, the floodgates of negative posts opened up. When there were negative posts about Gruppe-S before the GST spinoff, look at how many of those people got flamed for posting it. I have nothing against Gruppe-S or GST, but it seems like it's the same thing over again from what I'm reading.

When the majority of the regular posters in I-club are friends with employees of a certain company, they're gonna stick by them no matter what. So finding bad posts vs finding good posts about the company when the majority have biased opinions is kind of a moot point.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:56 PM

Car Info: 2011 OBP STi
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
That argument isn't valid because most of the people who may have had problems with GST (I've never been there so I can't say anything, just giving u a different point of view) won't post negative comments about them because they'll just get flamed by all the GST fanbois that are friends with Mike and Tommy and whatnot.

It was like Gruppe-S. How many bad posts did u find before GST spun off into their own company? Then when they did spin off, the floodgates of negative posts opened up. When there were negative posts about Gruppe-S before the GST spinoff, look at how many of those people got flamed for posting it. I have nothing against Gruppe-S or GST, but it seems like it's the same thing over again from what I'm reading.

When the majority of the regular posters in I-club are friends with employees of a certain company, they're gonna stick by them no matter what. So finding bad posts vs finding good posts about the company when the majority have biased opinions is kind of a moot point.
i agree with everything you said 100%, that was what i was hinting at in my post above.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:06 PM

Car Info: I is not STiYLIN n e moar
GST is great for tunning, buying parts and bs'ing with cool guys. That's about it. I had similar bolts omitted and cut hoses so I started to DIY as much as it sucks and hurts my back.

They will work it all out for you, rest assured. Sucks Mike has to do that though. Not like he installed the turbo.

Quick Reply: Let the drama begain