Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review Feel free to discuss vendor experiences but please don't use the forum as your own private soapbox to perpetually bash specific vendors.

Let the drama begain

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 12:21 AM

Car Info: you've got an electrical problem.
Exclamation Let the drama begain

Ah whats the best way to put this,.

Oh I know, I had a slight car fire tonight. Sent my car back to get it re-re-redone and someone reused some parts I'm thinking. Well.. What really saved my car was my Fire Extinguisher

I just got it towed back home. My ****ing weekend trip to phx is off.

So... Let me list out the things that has happen.

ME: I heard you were the TOP Subaru shop in townheres my car!

Them: Hey how are you.

ME: Here is my turbo. Please install it into my car. Let me know if there is anything else I need.

Them: Well maybe a fuel pump.

Me: ok then .. Lets get it done.
----------------------------------------------
5pm next day......

ME: Hi How did it go...

Them: Well you car has a really bad vibration,Shakes the whole car.... Steering wheel and peddle box bad.. It was pulling timing on the dyno, The knock sensor is in over load. who ever installed that tmic is on crack.

ME: Well let me see whats viberating. Oh look there... The tmic is not installed correctly... Didnt you guys take that off to install the turbo?

Them: Ah oh yeah..

ME: You ran my car on the ****ing dyno like that and tried to tune it???

Them... Ah well yeah

ME.. Let me pay my bill.. Thanks.. I try and fix this at work since you guys look busy.
----------------------------

At work no luck.

Closer inspection finds p.e. waste gate diaphram bolts loose. WTF! TMIC Slamming up on front strut bar.. Turbo waste gate braket hitting TMIC! WTF WTF......

Few days later..

ME: Hi its me again...

Look at all this...

Them: Well lets try and fix it..

ME: OK!! LETS... This is not the type of work I have come to expect from this place after hearing soo much good around the internet.

Them.. OK I think we have it fixed. But you can run the strut bar with a aps tmic, Its going to hit,

ME.. WTF I have before without any problems...

Them: Cant do it,,

Me.. ok what ever. Takes it off put in the trunk.
Drives off. See egt pegs at 1800* +
Plugs in delta dash see's 103% idc ****!!

Few day go by...............

Time to go back.

Them: Lets retune it..

ME: Heres the keys.

Them: There you go.

ME: Thanks

----------------------------------
Driving around.. logging. 98-99% idc... WTF...... Huge boost cut or something ..... TMIC slapping firewall. On the trip home from work the A/C stops...

Get home and find..
Start taking off the tmic to see whats up with the a/c. WTF my bov is loose and the bolt is strip that holds it down.

Swap out the APS tmic and reinstall the STi tmic. fixes bov vac leak problem. Car starts to run better.

Found busted a/c line. APS tmic had contact with a/c line and punched a hole in it.
------------------

Call shop.. talk with owner.

Now cars is running ok. I had to take a trip to L.V.
On the way back.. My down pipe looses a nut. (APS 3.5) Bellmouth to top downpipe been tight for 20k miles before turbo install with never a problem

Take it back for them to look at it. Oh Snap its missing two nuts out of three and the gaskets blown.

Tell them.. Hey we need to get this fixed.

THEM: Well we will order new gaskets and I'll give you some used pe 850 injectors for your problems and you can ave your a/c fixed yourself.

ME: well ok. let me thing about it.

2 Weeks later I call

OK lets get this done. Order the parts. downpipe gasket, o-rings for fuel injectors. I drop off my Aps tmic to get fixed.

2 weeks later.
Got most the parts in. Drop your car off tuesday we'll have it till friday.

OK

Well ........ I drop it off for everything to get repaired but the a/c line. Even bought some spark plugs and wanted to pick up a battery tie down kit,

Picked it up today. Everything looks ok. But .. I'm a little not happy with all the b.s. in the past, But hey **** happens right? Maybe its just a fluke..

Well on the way home I am driving.. I grab the old injectors and take a look at them... Ah nice. Toss them back to the back seat. About 20 min later I smell fuel. I'm thinking its just the used injectors no worries..... It gets stronger on 680... Ah thats not right.
Pulls over.. Ah that really not right. Pops carbon hood up slowly. Ah lets grab the fire extinguisher and maybe put this out....

Call a tow truck. With flashlight in hand. Looks like # 3 or #4 injector was leaking. I was like holy ****. I asked for new injector orings. Grabs old injectors... **** the o-rings are gone. Those mother ****ers.... The risked my ****ing car over reusing the old injector orings. When I asked them to replace them....

I'm a little pissed and very tired right now. My work day starts at 5am and ends at 10 pm... Then I had to deal again with this.... I have offered to help this shop in the past with getting some problems fixed for them. For Free.... No big deal. I teach this stuff for a living...

Well..... Thanks... GST for your great experance.. I'm really pissed.... I even asked if I could pay you today for all your work even know it was come back work to fix the mistakes..

You guys are way over booked, over promise and under deliver.. Just like I told you last month when this started. I didnt want to do this. But I need to vent..... This is ****!!!!!

I will now be dealing with this **** tomorow.............

Is there anyone in the state that can work on a subaru???

Last edited by 06STi; 11-03-2007 at 12:41 AM.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:27 AM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by 06STi
Is there anyone in the state that can work on a subaru???
Sometimes I wonder the same thing...
Old 11-03-2007, 12:34 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
do you have anything against LIC? They are at SEMA right now, but may be worth a try when they get back.

Sorry to hear about your car. They squeezed me in yesterday to replace some hub bolts, I hope they didn't cut time off your car because of that
Old 11-03-2007, 12:48 AM

Car Info: 07 STI
Wow, I didn't think for a second that I was reading about gst..sorry that happened to you.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:10 AM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
I went up to LIC and im in Santa Cruz!

sucks about all that, youre too cool of a guy for this to happen too.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:12 AM

Car Info: 2011 SWP STI
Where are all the GST leg humpers?

Can't wait for tomorrow
Old 11-03-2007, 01:27 AM

Car Info: civic
Originally Posted by wrx360
Where are all the GST leg humpers?

Can't wait for tomorrow
is there something u'd like to contribute in regards to this?
Old 11-03-2007, 01:34 AM

Car Info: 2011 OBP STi
wow this is all bad, i wonder when the guys from gst will see this and post. sorry to hear about the bad experience. :/
Old 11-03-2007, 01:48 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
I went up to LIC and im in Santa Cruz!

sucks about all that, youre too cool of a guy for this to happen too.
yeah, I'll be going to LIC for everything, I just went to GST the other day because it was a small, quick job and I was already in the area. Driving to LIC would have been harder than doing the job myself

Anyways, I hope everything gets sorted out for out 06STi, good luck!
Old 11-03-2007, 02:15 AM

Car Info: '04 PSM Sti
i hate hearing storys like this, what a bummer, just another reason i do all the work on my car. hope you get everything fixed.
________
Herbal Vaporizer

Last edited by crfsti; 04-24-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:21 AM

Car Info: SGM 135i
sorry to hear about your bad experience, mike and tommy has always been good to me. Fixed my injectors which were leaking with no problems. I dont know what could've happened. This all sounds very one sided, not saying it's not true, it could be a fluke, but lets hear the other side of the story since it's already out in the open.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:35 AM

damn =(
Old 11-03-2007, 04:17 AM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
hot damn.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:04 AM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: WRX, EVO, MSP3
Michael, firstly sorry for all your troubles but I would like to set the record straight.

We did not and do not reuse injector o-rings, your old o-rings were tossed as we always do even to the fact that when you came in I told you that the middle o-ring was a ***** for us to find as you had removed all the o-rings from the PE injectors and that o-ring is proprietary so there is no way it could be reused as it was not present or even used on a OEM injector. I personally checked your injectors for leaks prior to tuning the car and then again afterwards while trying to adjust your strut bar for you, I then even mentioned to you to double check your injectors just in case as I didn't want there to be any issues for you.

Something else to add is that we have never removed the head portion that blew the gasket out of the 2 piece APS downpipe to do a turbo install but understanding that we were the last place to touch the car we did fix the issue and yes the bolts had backed out but when we completely removed the section to put in the new gasket we brought for you we found the real reason why which was that someone had made a gasket not used the OEM one for there and it was actually in 2 pieces from where it had been cut to fit the bolts.

We would like to take a look at the car and fix any damages related to this incident if you care to bring it back to us, I will be at the shop all day from 11am onwards today.

Again sorry for the issues especially one that could be so serious but we would like to take a look at the leak to see what caused it (torn o-ring, bent rail etc etc).

Mike

Last edited by GST Motorsports; 11-03-2007 at 09:32 AM.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:28 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Ah, the joys of modding...
"I have 15 squre pegs, can you put them in these 6 round holes, and make them work?"
"We'll try" (because you can't)
"Square pegs do not fit in round holes"
"You bastards!!!"
"Can you fix my car again? We're still cool right?"
LOL

Quick Reply: Let the drama begain