Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review Feel free to discuss vendor experiences but please don't use the forum as your own private soapbox to perpetually bash specific vendors.

Let the drama begain

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 08:50 AM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX Sedan
Hope you get this squared away.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:19 AM

Car Info: 05 330i ZHP, 02 ES300, 85 MR2 SC
sucks about all that, youre too cool of a guy for this to happen too.
+1 on this quote

Doh....sorry to hear about your troubles 06Sti. I hope GST squares everything away and fixes your troubles.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:45 AM

Car Info: you've got an electrical problem.
Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
Michael, firstly sorry for all your troubles but I would like to set the record straight.

We did not and do not reuse injector o-rings, your old o-rings were tossed as we always do even to the fact that when you came in I told you that the middle o-ring was a ***** for us to find as you had removed all the o-rings from the PE injectors and that o-ring is proprietary so there is no way it could be reused as it was not present or even used on a OEM injector. I personally checked your injectors for leaks prior to tuning the car and then again afterwards while trying to adjust your strut bar for you, I then even mentioned to you to double check your injectors just in case as I didn't want there to be any issues for you.
Remeber I showed you two of those injectors had cracks at the harness plug and the the o-rings were even torn. As you told me when I picked them up, I needed to replace them. So I took them off and set them aside. I was a little worried that with all the bad past they get reused. And I'd be in the same boat.
B.T.W. A customer should never be asked to do any more checking. Thats half ***. If you have to ask them for that. Your not sure about your own work. A customer should be happy and worry free when picking up their product.

Something else to add is that we have never removed the head portion that blew the gasket out of the 2 piece APS downpipe to do a turbo install but understanding that we were the last place to touch the car we did fix the issue and yes the bolts had backed out but when we completely removed the section to put in the new gasket we brought for you we found the real reason why which was that someone had made a gasket not used the OEM one for there and it was actually in 2 pieces from where it had been cut to fit the bolts.
I have been around long enough and have been wrenching over 18 years in the field of trouble shooting problems and race teams. When you had a lemon law car or bike. It was sent to me to trace, track and fix. I currenty teach for a living these skills.

Now.. When we take a look at this problem. My car has had this tbe install for 20k miles without a single problem. Then a turbo gets installed. So lets back track the install to figure what might have happen.

Now most techs that work flat rate look for the easiset way to get the job done...
Now by looking at my set up. APS 3.5 tbe, APS Turbo Inlet, TGV's installed.
We can see that installing a turbo is going to be tough. The APS turbo inlet with oem tgv's is a really tight fit.

Now when pulling this apart.. flat rate style..... The tech would pull the three bell mouth to downpipe bolts and then the 5 or 6 turbo to belmouth bolts

Take the bell mouth out and leave the down pipe hanging in place.

From there pull the up pipe bolts to turbo off , loosening the turbo inlet and sliding off the turbo.

Crack loose the oil lines and water lines. done deal.

Reinstall the reverse way.

But when trying to align everything back up to fit correctly you keep everything loose.

Then once you have a fit you start to tighten everything back down. Anyone tat has ever delt with a APS turbo inlet knows what I am taking about. You have to spin the turbo counter clockwise to get room between the oem tgv's and the turbo. Well to do this you leave most parts loose and tighten them into place.

They just forgot to tighten up the downpipe / bellmouth bolts.

We would like to take a look at the car and fix any damages related to this incident if you care to bring it back to us, I will be at the shop all day from 11am onwards today.

Again sorry for the issues especially one that could be so serious but we would like to take a look at the leak to see what caused it (torn o-ring, bent rail etc etc).

Mike
On to the end. Everytime I walk into that place I am pissed off. I may or may not show it the last few times. The first time I was really hot. But still offered to pay you for your time. I have noo problems paying for quality work. I even still bought someparts off you and was coming back to get some more. Til this hapen... I have spotted one of the problems quickly over the last month.. Over Promise- Under Deliver.......... Over book and rush to get things out. Stupid mistakes then happen.

The attiude I get from everyone has been noticed over the last few vists. I have done my best too keep this quiet and let you guys figure out this problem. I have even offered a few times to help you guys out. At the time I didnt have anything to do during my afternoon. Now I am rewriting the whole curriculum for our school and dont have that time. I charged the last dealer 50k for this type of service. You could have had it for free. This is a whole schedule system, training basicly a turn key set up. They have not had a single problem since that I have heard of.

My car is being looked at by me now. When I find time too. I think after all this. You can take me off the customer base list. I dont send my food back to the cook. Seems like the same case here.

It really sucks.... As you guys where close to my work. I was really looking forward to getting some more upgrades done down the road.

I need you to email me the tune you installed on my car so I can keep it with all the other ones. I dont think I'll ever see it after all this. I also think this car is going to go away I'm burned out with it over the last month or two. I'm shocked a simple turbo install could cause all this headache.

Do I feel much better that my last few time to gst are out in the open? No... I hate to see the end results. But... I needed to let it out so people can make a choice on what they think is best for them. I hope people still learn from everyone experances in life.

I also hope that GST slows their roll for a while and takes a hard look at what a snow ball has rolled into by taking on way to much work. Their quality and now their name has taken a hit.

I have just now got out of bed. I'll be out looking at the damage.

Last edited by 06STi; 11-03-2007 at 11:51 AM.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:56 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07 Car
GST Bad Service Noooooooooooooooooo.......
Old 11-03-2007, 12:08 PM

Oh I'm going to need the o-rings back so I can reinstall my old injectors.
They were not yours to keep.

Not sure why you "kept them"

I bet..... I know where they are.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: WRX, EVO, MSP3
As I stated we do not and never have taken or loosened a APS 3.5" downpipe when conducting any installation, I can only say that so many times whether I am believed or not I cannot control but it's the truth none the less.

As far as us being overbooked and rushing I am sorry but this couldn't be further from the truth, we book a maximum of 7 hours per lift for any given day. Our mechanics are often here late working on something or other mainly caused by the nature of the aftermarket business and things not fitting or whatnot and all this beyond what they are paid for because this is not only their work but also their passion.

We strive to do the best we can for everyone, regardless of the issue, time of day or even day (I frequently come in just to look at things for customers nothing to do with either me or the shop on Saturdays/Sundays as do the mechanics here).

Mike
Old 11-03-2007, 12:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: WRX, EVO, MSP3
Originally Posted by 06STi
Oh I'm going to need the o-rings back so I can reinstall my old injectors.
They were not yours to keep.

Not sure why you "kept them"

I bet..... I know where they are.
Sure come get them, I will go dig them out of the trash for you right now.

Mike
Old 11-03-2007, 01:00 PM

Car Info: 1997 Acura Integra GS Sedan
Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
We strive to do the best we can for everyone, regardless of the issue, time of day or even day (I frequently come in just to look at things for customers nothing to do with either me or the shop on Saturdays/Sundays as do the mechanics here).

Mike
I'm not gonna try and ride any coat tails here, but I can vouch on this one. Mike has personally gotten his hands dirty on my car installing brakes on a saturday, and changing some spark plugs on a SUNDAY!
Old 11-03-2007, 01:17 PM

So.. cause.... Torn top fuel injector o-ring to fuel rail.. My best guess... You can see they might have installed the injectors into the heads then pressed the fuel rail on last.
Also.. Mike... The fuel rail was not torqued down.. One bolt on the passenger side rail was loose.
If in fact you did torque them Toss your torque wrench in the trash and buy a new one.

I forgot to add in my list about the compressor serge I was getting from the 1st tune til yesterday. I am not sure if its still there. I had backed off my aps bov 100% and it went away. But its loud and I will be tightening this back up when car is finished.

Off to manteca to pick up a new haress and replace a few burned parts.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:19 PM

B.T.W. Why was my injector o-rings on the bottom dirty with grit. They should have been clean right?
Old 11-03-2007, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by SubyN00by
I'm not gonna try and ride any coat tails here, but I can vouch on this one. Mike has personally gotten his hands dirty on my car installing brakes on a saturday, and changing some spark plugs on a SUNDAY!
I will also side with you on that one. He has worked on my car to inspect it on a saturday.

But they have some problems that need to be addressed...
Old 11-03-2007, 01:33 PM

Car Info: 1997 Acura Integra GS Sedan
Now, not saying that you did this or not, but I've found from talking to other people about their experiences there that when you hurry them, they tend to make some mistakes, as anyone will do when being rushed. But if you allow them ample time, you will get it done and right.

I've talked to one guy who kept calling and calling them to see when his FMIC, turbo, injectors, FP install was gonna be ready, and they eventually gave it back to him, but some of the bolts weren't tightened down.

Now everytime I've gone in, I give them as much time as they need, don't call em or anything, and let them just call me when it's done and I haven't had any problems at all.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:38 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
that was my philosophy when my mazda GTX needed its transmission...3 months later... hhaha

no but thats still the truth, about not calling and being patient... i just waited a long *** time
Old 11-03-2007, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by SubyN00by
Now, not saying that you did this or not, but I've found from talking to other people about their experiences there that when you hurry them, they tend to make some mistakes, as anyone will do when being rushed. But if you allow them ample time, you will get it done and right.

I've talked to one guy who kept calling and calling them to see when his FMIC, turbo, injectors, FP install was gonna be ready, and they eventually gave it back to him, but some of the bolts weren't tightened down.

Now everytime I've gone in, I give them as much time as they need, don't call em or anything, and let them just call me when it's done and I haven't had any problems at all.
I drop my car off and left it. Matter a fact.. I didnt call a single time. They had my car three days .. They had two weeks to order parts. I think thats not the problem.

Each time my car was there I never rushed them. I let them take there time. I know about that also that sometimes things just dont go right. Thats why I kept bring it back.
I've been more then understanding. All this without saying anything about it to anyone...

Maybe I'm just stupid!
Old 11-03-2007, 04:29 PM

Car Info: 02 STi
I have had GST install my new built motor and everything that goes with it...and plan on getting the rest installed by GST.

Your play by play of everything going on is annoying...what is the purpose??? I know for a fact that Mike is more than willing to make matters correct...even if they are matters that he is not responsible for...

I know for a fact that the image and the bad name your trying to give them is something that is not like GST and most people know this as well...or else there would be TONS of people posting similar threads...

SO...if your not going to let Mike correct the problems "you" say they caused...go on with your plans to fix them yourself or have someone else fix them...in the mean time we dont need to hear all the things you are "finding" days after the facts...sounds fishy to me...you sound like the type of person that would have a bad rep with more than just 1 shop.....

-freddie

Quick Reply: Let the drama begain