Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review Feel free to discuss vendor experiences but please don't use the forum as your own private soapbox to perpetually bash specific vendors.

Let the drama begain

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 06:24 PM

Car Info: 2002 wrx
06sti...it sucks that this happened to you but you must and im sure you understand that things will go wrong when modding your car.
YES it really sucks when it happens to you.

GST can't be perfect...out of all the cars they have worked on there are going to be some that go wrong- This is just what happens when you start modding.

Mike said he is willing to fix the problem,
Even though you have brought it back multiple times I would give them another shot, they said they would fix it and now that they know the seriousness of the situation I would hope that they take they're time to make sure all the proper bolts are torqued down etc.

As to IPOZESTU- Don't come in here and be a dick to the guy. His car just cought on fire and he has many problems he needs to deal with so give him a break. You can't blame him for being iffy about taking his car back...AGAIN to get it fixed.

06STI good luck!
Old 11-04-2007, 07:13 PM

Car Info: 02 STi
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
That argument isn't valid because most of the people who may have had problems with GST (I've never been there so I can't say anything, just giving u a different point of view) won't post negative comments about them because they'll just get flamed by all the GST fanbois that are friends with Mike and Tommy and whatnot.

It was like Gruppe-S. How many bad posts did u find before GST spun off into their own company? Then when they did spin off, the floodgates of negative posts opened up. When there were negative posts about Gruppe-S before the GST spinoff, look at how many of those people got flamed for posting it. I have nothing against Gruppe-S or GST, but it seems like it's the same thing over again from what I'm reading.

When the majority of the regular posters in I-club are friends with employees of a certain company, they're gonna stick by them no matter what. So finding bad posts vs finding good posts about the company when the majority have biased opinions is kind of a moot point.

last post I swear (hope) lol

yes...I agree. So basically this post will go nowhere just like all the rest...back and forth, back and forth...we all can go on and on ...

We should just let them work it out...however they decide to do it.

-freddie

ps. I know I will never have midgets work on my car....even if they are my people.

Last edited by 1WRX2NV; 11-04-2007 at 07:20 PM.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:24 PM

Nice thread title...almost seems as if he knew what the outcome would be!!! lol
Old 11-04-2007, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by 1WRX2NV

ps. I know I will never have midgets work on my car....even if they are my people.
shut it Travis, or no KFC for you.

Last edited by ScoobyBoy; 11-04-2007 at 07:44 PM.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:18 PM

Car Info: WRB 18g + Meth (sold) 07 BMW 335i coupe
wow i think this is the first thread ive seen on a bad install by GST
Old 11-04-2007, 08:41 PM

Kfc! Kfc! Kfc!

Wing Stop! Wing Stop! Wing Stop!
Old 11-04-2007, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Jake
wow i think this is the first thread ive seen on a bad install by GST

exactly...but I guess it's the end of the world now!!! lol
Old 11-04-2007, 09:07 PM

Car Info: WRX --> RX-8--〉E93
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
That argument isn't valid because most of the people who may have had problems with GST (I've never been there so I can't say anything, just giving u a different point of view) won't post negative comments about them because they'll just get flamed by all the GST fanbois that are friends with Mike and Tommy and whatnot.

It was like Gruppe-S. How many bad posts did u find before GST spun off into their own company? Then when they did spin off, the floodgates of negative posts opened up. When there were negative posts about Gruppe-S before the GST spinoff, look at how many of those people got flamed for posting it. I have nothing against Gruppe-S or GST, but it seems like it's the same thing over again from what I'm reading.

When the majority of the regular posters in I-club are friends with employees of a certain company, they're gonna stick by them no matter what. So finding bad posts vs finding good posts about the company when the majority have biased opinions is kind of a moot point.

i totally agree with you about this whole gruppe-s thing. before GST went off to their own, gruppe-s was always GOOD. everyone says good stuff about them. but all sudden gruppe-s became a horrible shop. so why is that? im not saying GST is not a good shop, everyone make mistakes.

as for 06STi, if GST offer to correct the problem and fix it, let them finish what they started.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:19 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by wimprezax06
i totally agree with you about this whole gruppe-s thing. before GST went off to their own, gruppe-s was always GOOD. everyone says good stuff about them. but all sudden gruppe-s became a horrible shop. so why is that? im not saying GST is not a good shop, everyone make mistakes.

as for 06STi, if GST offer to correct the problem and fix it, let them finish what they started.
This NOT true. I've had the select experience for about 5 years with Gruppe-s, and i've always known them to pretty much have poor support part wise. I didn't tell folks to buy from them hardly ever.

Now, when Mike was tuning there and running the shop side of GS (known as, gasp, GST) I was definitely throwing business Mike's way. Not to GS for parts, but to mike for labor and tuning.

Problem was, there was an *** load of ****ing cheap *** penny pincher's who loved GS and their gray market crap. They loved the prices so much, they would buy there no matter what anyone told them.

I've know Mike for nearly 6 years now, he's not someone who is out to screw anyone. he's quite fair, level headed, and believes in customer support.

Don't come on here and make accusations and things without some proof of malpractice either, simply typing won't that won't win you any support.

Oh, by the way, Freddie has endured much more than you could have ever imagined with other shops, so I know you didn't know the history, but you should know that he has been in your shoes.

I've had pretty much every shop in the bay area work on my car. all of them do the best they can, and all of them make mistakes. Every single one has made a mistake on my car in way, shape, or form.

Take you car back to Mike, and let him make this right for you or pay for the repairs yourself.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:56 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300

As to IPOZESTU- Don't come in here and be a dick to the guy. His car just cought on fire and he has many problems he needs to deal with so give him a break. You can't blame him for being iffy about taking his car back...AGAIN to get it fixed.
oh...he will tell you about taking cars back
Old 11-04-2007, 11:12 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
wheres the mother****in popcorn when you really need it?
Old 11-05-2007, 12:04 AM

Car Info: you've got an electrical problem.
Originally Posted by ipozestu
Wow!!! You're a TOOL!!! Things go wrong, F'n deal with it. Confidence and standing by ones work is just as important after the sale. You are a fool to think you're going to walk out of any shop with no problems.
GST will always do their best. In the event something goes wrong, the do their best to fix it.

Do you think there is a "written in stone" standard? Every one of these cars has it's problems. Don't want the problems? Leave it alone. Every item you change on the car poses a potential problem. If you're not going to allow GST a chance to resolve this; STFU.

You're coming off as a real TOOL.

Have a nice day.

Lets not start with the name calling. Yes my car has been back there a few times for them to fix their mistakes. ... I have also be silent about this for well over 40 days.
If you have seen my garage you dont need to tell me about how modding goes, Or the fact that things dont always go right. I gave them a few chances. Last one was it.

Whats that saying....? shame on you. 3rd time shame on me? Tobad it took the 5th time.

I've given them plenty of time to look at the car. Then plenty of time to order the parts the last time. Then after the parts showed I gave them 4 days with my car. With out me calling or anything.

So... I think they have had enough times.. enough to complete a car. My mods are all APS and PE Its not like they are all mismatched crap or knock off's. All the APS is designed to work togther. No excuses in my book.

I will be looking at other options this week and to resolving this. But they will never see my car again.

To ask a customer to double check something just doesnt sit well with me, It should leave 100% and you should feel 100% its done right.

They risked my safety and my car. The job was not done correct yet again. Just like the last few times there.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:12 AM

B.T.W.

Heres a few pic's of my garage for the guys that think I'm new to modding stuff.

So you can see.. I'm not new to modding things. Plus I have not once tried to lowball GST on the prices or labor. Hell I spent $50 picking my car up there friday and was going to spend $120 more on a battery tie down. Then this week was gong to pick up some defi gauges. Not once have I asked for a discount or a refund.

Soo.... Yeah I'm a tool
Old 11-05-2007, 12:25 AM

One last post...
Mike or GST has not even once to my knowlage tried to call me after this. I friday night 11pm left a message at his shop line. Figured I'd hear back from him. Ah Nope...

Last edited by 06STi; 11-05-2007 at 12:39 AM. Reason: late night spelling bee
Old 11-05-2007, 09:54 AM
The weal amewican hewo!

Car Info: 02 Aspen White sedan
wow that first bike is sick!!! wanna sell it hahaha

hope everything is fixed and works out for the best

Quick Reply: Let the drama begain