Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review Feel free to discuss vendor experiences but please don't use the forum as your own private soapbox to perpetually bash specific vendors.

Finally Got Protuned by Ed @ EQTuning

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 09:34 PM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
Originally Posted by UK n00b
ATP no longer dyno's to the public, we did a comparison with Krinkov's car between our dyno and ATP's and 30 mins or so difference.

ATP = 353whp
Gruppe-S = 307whp

As for the 04 WRX that belonged to Joel according to the dyno logs the most hp it made on the dyno was 171whp, I have the graphs they are dated 2/18/05.

To the original poster, congrats looks like you have a strong motor and a great tune from Ed, curves look great!

Mike

Could it really be that low? Would tire size play a factor in the output?
When you ran a baseline of my car with the stock ECU (4/17/05) and an uppipe it was at 166WHP/178lb-ft. at the wheels.
Seeing as Joel's car was significantly faster then mine back when he had it dynoed on 2/18/05 and I can only assume there was some thing weird with those numbers.

Anyways...
I will be by at some point to get a baseline of what I have now if that is cool with you cause I am curious what numbers it puts down now that I finally am done with power mods.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: the blue bucket
Originally Posted by mcdrama
Could it really be that low? Would tire size play a factor in the output?
When you ran a baseline of my car with the stock ECU (4/17/05) and an uppipe it was at 166WHP/178lb-ft. at the wheels.
Seeing as Joel's car was significantly faster then mine back when he had it dynoed on 2/18/05 and I can only assume there was some thing weird with those numbers.

Anyways...
I will be by at some point to get a baseline of what I have now if that is cool with you cause I am curious what numbers it puts down now that I finally am done with power mods.
Well based on no car to date putting down more than 185whp stock tuned, Joel's then numbers of 171whp (15-20whp over stock with just a flash is more than decent) came as no surprise but feel free to assume....

Sure give us a call we'll be happy to get you squared away with a baseline.

Mike
Old 10-03-2006, 10:08 PM
duo

Car Info: WRB WRX 2004
Originally Posted by UK n00b
ATP no longer dyno's to the public, we did a comparison with Krinkov's car between our dyno and ATP's and 30 mins or so difference.

ATP = 353whp
Gruppe-S = 307whp

As for the 04 WRX that belonged to Joel according to the dyno logs the most hp it made on the dyno was 171whp, I have the graphs they are dated 2/18/05.

To the original poster, congrats looks like you have a strong motor and a great tune from Ed, curves look great!

Mike
geez and i thought you had forgotten about me mike...hehe. I wish we could have found out what my car did stock on your dyno.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:15 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Joel's car was one of the first ones I ever tuned and I was still working out my base mapping. I didn't have a wideband at that point and the a/f was extremely conservative when it made it on Gruppe-S's dyno. The car certainly gained quite a bit once I re-tuned it with a wideband. I also believe we figured out that the tire size was incorrect in the configuration, so the numbers off the road dyno were indeed skewed on Joel's car untill I fixed the bug in the configurations.

Since then there have been several cars that have been dyno'd at Gruppe-S and on the road dyno and have been within 3whp of eachother. I am not claiming that every car is going to make exactly the same power on any other dyno as it does on my road dyno. Everyone has to remember that any dyno numbers vary quite a bit depending on varying weather conditions. Its also important to remember that a car that was tuned on the road will not necessarily perform the same way on a dyno and vice versa. Air flow over the IC and loading on a dyno is always a bit different as compared to that on a road.

Finally, I'd like to say that I do my best to keep my road dyno numbers as consistant and conservative as possible. Either way, I don't think anyone should play number games with any dyno chart... its just pointless. Cars are not raced on dyno's. There have been many cars with lower dyno numbers that end up being significantly faster on the road than cars with higher dyno numbers. PM downsti for details .

Thanks

Last edited by MethodBuilt; 10-03-2006 at 10:19 PM.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:24 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
dyno day =P
Old 10-03-2006, 11:18 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
Yeah. Dyno day!! I don't really have a car that is ready to be tuned yet, but I wouldn't mind dropping by and looking at cars and stuff.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:49 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
We'll be having a dyno day on our own dyno in a our own shop soon enough.

... well not really soon enough

Thanks
Old 04-27-2008, 11:03 PM

Car Info: '06 GT52'd STi '03 Miata SE
Yes, Ed does a marvelous job. Check out my dyno plot. I was just tuned this weeeekend.

https://www.i-club.com/forums/vendor-tuning-service-parts-review-152/eqtuning-what-great-tuning-experience-183735/
Old 04-27-2008, 11:37 PM

Car Info: '05 WRX STi
Wow holy old thread batman!
Old 04-28-2008, 12:13 AM

Car Info: civic
holy batman bump!
Old 04-28-2008, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by mudman
That's the point, a 2004 WRX with 3 cats in place will NOT make 203whp on a mustang, and we are led to believe that Ed's road dyno is in line with the Gruppe-S heartbreaker. I just wanted to hear Ed's explanation as to how those numbers were achieved before raising the BS flag.

I know EQ is gaining a respected following for his tuning ability, but those numbers seem a little bit off what you can expect from a stock car...perhaps Ed will enlighten us on how he's achieving SO much more than other tuners.

(sits and waits for explanation of how this car has a freakishly strong engine)

When you speak on speculation complete speculation you look like an *** to people. Take me for example, a guy who ran on gst dyno and then Ed's and put down almost identical hp with 1-2 on each run including a best that was exactly the same.....see i've experienced both and you haven't. to me you look like a total ***. You are basically calling Ed a liar then saying his software is not inline with it when you have no idea except that of what you have conceived in your head, and even that is pretty limited unless you have ed's software.............but to make such a bold statement as you did...........you'd think one would have some experience with the matter at hand but.........anyways Ed's tuned car's et's and perf. don't lie...........but I challenge you, run your car at GSt and then with ed and see what numbers you get......

Last edited by slow04wrx; 04-28-2008 at 03:35 AM.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:38 AM
banned

Car Info: ummm?
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
When you speak on speculation complete speculation you look like an *** to people. Take me for example, a guy who ran on gst dyno and then Ed's and put down almost identical hp with 1-2 on each run including a best that was exactly the same.....see i've experienced both and you haven't. to me you look like a total ***. You are basically calling Ed a liar then saying his software is not inline with it when you have no idea except that of what you have conceived in your head, and even that is pretty limited unless you have ed's software.............but to make such a bold statement as you did...........you'd think one would have some experience with the matter at hand but.........anyways Ed's tuned car's et's and perf. don't lie...........but I challenge you, run your car at GSt and then with ed and see what numbers you get......
you called someone out on a ~1.5yr old post?

wow.

I have opinions about ed, they are just that. Fictitious dyno software != real dyno. 'Real world' tuning doesn't make much of a difference over dyno tuning.

Has anyone here operated a real dyno (aside from the obvious)? Anyone know about "smoothing"? How about 'noisy data'?

/5am reply to slow04wrx. Mebbe I just need to get my buttdyno calibrated... It has been a bit since that last happened.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:24 AM

Didnt realize it was so old, feel dumb now.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:06 PM

Car Info: 04 wagon
Someone resurrected my thread!