Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

"This is our World, This is a black world" Reverse Racism up front and center

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 06:32 PM

Car Info: 2005 STI Silver/78 911sc/ktm380exc/03 RC51/F4i
^^

Thanks we seem to be on the same page,I should have posted some links so folks would know why I came off as I did.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:46 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by Yin
well i wouldnt say rgame is a hater, just defending his position and has been gracious in all his posts here, as well as admitting some of his statements as not fact - something that most people do not practice in real life, let alone hidden behind the anonymity of an internet message board. his first post might come off as hater, but if you have been keeping up with iLoqin's most recent threads, you'll understand why Rgame's first post is in that particular tone. so i encourage you to read iLoqin's recent threads/posts to get a better idea of where people are coming from.

https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/common-courtesy-206453/

https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/ex-nfl-qb-mcnair-found-killed-condo-206512/

that being said, yeah, its true all races have undesirables, and all races have racists, but why continuously post these stories on these boards, and stories specifically about black people (or any particular race for that matter, if all is equal, as far as poor behavior)? to spread hate? to let everyone on iclub know that he doesn't like black people? because that's how it comes off, if you read his posts.

so, what is the goal of this thread?

[being devil's advocate], then why not showcase every race and their faults?

each new thread he puts out is just a new way to showcase wrongdoings of a certain group of people by showing examples of it in video or articles. sure, these are facts, but he uses them to validate a specific outlook (angst and hate) on that group of people, while accusing people who've responded to be just as racist as him, which does not make for a constructive discussion. i invite everyone to read those threads to show you that i am not exagerating (sp?).
Linked thread #1, he was telling a story using descriptions. Imagine what any sort of writing would be if it were void of race or gender.

Linked thread #2, I have no idea, thats kind of grabbing if you ask me.

My 2¢ on the issue, some people have a tendency to behave in public ways differently than other people. The rest you can fill in for yourself.

Last edited by Spoolin415; 07-10-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:09 PM

Car Info: Nadda
I actually heard this story while listening to talk radio, and I thought the commentator went overboard so I wanted to check it out for myself. In any case, this looks like a hate crime to me, just switch the races around and it would seem pretty blunt that it is one. It just amazes me that officers didn't see it that way, I mean if this was the opposite way I'm sure there would be a huge riot and Jesse Jackson calling for justice!

As for the other jabs at me, I've explained myself once before so you can guess what I'm about to say again. I don't care about any PROFESSION (when it was something against cops) or RACE. It is true that there is no perfect race, and that every race will have its faults. Same that goes with professions. The bottom line is that something is wrong and I would rather turn my attention to it, rather than be someone who turns their back to it and just brushes it off (although I do this with many other things like everyone else) but the ones that bother me the most I post. You could be the one that closes their eyes and tells the cop "I don't know what happened". This used to be popular in high school and middle school and people frowned on snitching and said "You're a snitch, quit being a *****." Later on I found that this didn't matter (at least where I am at) and telling people about the problem will have this further examined.

There are things that I brush off, and there are things that I don't. Many of my posts have been about the law, and how it has been carried out. This is unfortunate, as the law is the last resort and it is the reason why many people give their actions a second thought before bursting out and blasting a gun at a bunch of people. I take the law quite seriously, and if there is something wrong, it needs to be corrected. One way is to let others know about these outrageous things that go on that maybe one day you might consider voting for someone who will crack down on these acts.

The McNair thing was overblown, and misunderstood. I should have said something like NFL figures get a lot of media coverage because of the actions they've done, and listed the people.The story about my encounter is just a STORY about my encounter.
You take 2-3 posts, link 'em to together and I must :
"have been harassed by cops"
"hate cops"
"hate black people"
"be racist"
"have a problem with certain people"

and so on and so forth. I have a problem when the law isn't upheld, and equal people aren't treated equally. Luckily, there have been some turrn of events. Supreme Court Finds Bias Against White Firefighters. Amazingly now, the uprising of the White Male is coming back and balancing all this (affirmative action)/(hate crimes by only whites social views).

Just wait 'til I find the next issue (most preferably popular journalism because it ends up on youtube more times than not) and I'm sure you guys will jump on my case again. I don't mind, I know that I'm getting under your skin, but that isn't the purpose of my posts. It's your responses to them, at least you're thinking, and that is something I appreciate.

All of these topics are supposed to be controversial and people resort to the easy tactic and pointing the finger and calling me a name. This is the least of my concerns. Call me a bigot, call me a racist, cop hater, jew lover, etc. Who cares, I sure don't.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:27 AM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
iLoqin doesn't care about black people!

On a more serious note, Morgan Freeman recently echoed my own sentiment on the idea of racism and how to eradicate it:

“You’re going to relegate my history to a month?” Freeman asks Wallace. After noting there is no “white history month,” he says, “I don’t want a black history month. Black history is American history,” he tells Wallace.

The notion of a special month for black history may be hurting rather than helping efforts for racial equality, Freeman believes. When Wallace wonders whether racist attitudes may be harder to eradicate without the education that Black History Month provides, Freeman retorts: “How are we going to get rid of racism? Stop talking about it!”

Freeman believes the labels “black” and “white” are an obstacle to beating racism. “I am going to stop calling you a white man and I’m going to ask you to stop calling me a black man,” he says. “I know you as Mike Wallace. You know me as Morgan Freeman. You wouldn’t say, ‘Well, I know this white guy named Mike Wallace.’ You know what I’m saying?”
Even the idea of "racism" itself is a part of the problem in that it perpetuates the myth that there are multiple "races" of human beings. There is only one race, the human race.

Several years ago I made a conscious decision to eliminate "race" from my stories and discussions in an effort to remove the habit of categorizing people into irrelevant groups based on the color of their skin. Has it helped? I don't know, but I feel pretty good about the decision.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:41 AM

Car Info: Nadda
This was an actual argument by someone while I was reading the article. A crime is a crime, why couldn't it be just kids jumping a family. The idea of a hate crime just splits everyone in America.

Ie democrat vs republican, race vs race.

I think this comes from the very root of things. Morgan Freeman is right, there is only one human race, but people's heads are so far up their own asses, some feel like they are better than others. Hence, the idea of races and differences. It sucks because it was born within the US from the start to have slavery, and so that is why there is an oppressed and the oppressors. As much as we try to fix things, now it's becoming the opposite. This really blows, as there are a lot of things that need to seriously be looked at, before we all squabble within ourselves.

IE
- Space, cuz obviously there is something a lot bigger out there than us and we should explore it.
- World Hunger

This again, trends off some people being better than other people. It is competition, it is jobs, it is entertainment, it is sports. People want to be better than others, and they will use anything to show it.

In relation, I dislike it when people use their power to do the same thing. Cops, especially when it is abused and many of us in America are all citizens. They have a badge and should use it with honor.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:26 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by saqwarrior
Several years ago I made a conscious decision to eliminate "race" from my stories and discussions in an effort to remove the habit of categorizing people into irrelevant groups based on the color of their skin. Has it helped? I don't know, but I feel pretty good about the decision.
****in' hippy!

Name:  what_would_morgan_freeman_do.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  6.9 KB
Old 07-11-2009, 12:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
is that similar to what Brian Boytano would do? (not sure how to spell his name)
Old 07-11-2009, 12:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Subaru WRX w/ JDM Spec C
Lets get one thing straight... no such thing as reverse racism... if you think just because black people hate on another race justifies it for a reverse racist action, that is ignorant in itself. Racism is Racism no matter how it comes about.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:46 AM
VIP Member

^
then why is the punishment different?
Old 07-13-2009, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
****in' hippy!

Shut up, whitey!
Old 07-13-2009, 11:01 AM

I think we've all gotten confused about what "reverse racism" means because of the incorrect usage by the OP. Here's the actual definition:

Reverse discrimination (sometimes called "reverse racism") is, in its simplest form , the practice of favoring members of a historically disadvantaged group at the expense of members of a historically advantaged group.
Some people believe that affirmative action is an example of reverse racism.

Hating caucasians because of their skin color is just racism, not reverse racism.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:04 AM
VIP Member

reverse racism is when your driving backwards and say a racial slur.