Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Created Equal versus evolution's inherent racism

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 09:33 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Created Equal versus evolution's inherent racism

"Created Equal" is a Western philosophy that resulted from Christian culture. The vast majority of humans on our planet don't buy it, and Evolution Philosophy seeks to prove that racism is justified (we are not equal, as we evolved differently).

Comments?
Old 11-14-2005, 09:48 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
I've addressed this assertation before, it's totally bunk. Humans stopped being evolved by nature and started being evolved by ourselves so long ago that physical traits are the only thing that have been slected for in hundreds of thousands of years...which means the difference between the races are purely asthetic. Any atempt at showing mental differences between any two races was seen to be completely unjustified by science and racist...why do you think evolution=racism? We're all the same species...all of our internal organs are identicle, including our brains...so what racism are you talking about? If you're going to start inflamatory posts, do it with some reasoning and logic not with unfounded statements like 'the theory of evolution is racist, while creationism is not'
Old 11-14-2005, 09:54 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Buddhism predates Christianity and espouses the same sentiment re: equality.

Also, human beings are one species. Therefore, any micro-evolution that has occurred would have created negligible differences (i.e. melatonin in the skin)
Old 11-14-2005, 09:56 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by MVWRX
which means the difference between the races are purely asthetic.
That isnt entirely true. There are some physiological differences, such as African-Americans being predisposed to sickle-cell enemia. Occasionally, you;ll see a drug advertisement that will say something to the affect, "If you are caucasian or asian, please consult your doctor before taking this drug..."
Old 11-14-2005, 10:26 AM

Different blood types, dispositions to disease, physical characteristics (size, strength, stamina), etc.

Dogs are once species, but are you going to tell me that the differences between breeds are purely asthetic? You realize that a chihuahua can breed with a wolf, right?

Just like any other species, the different "breeds" of humans have different physical and mental characteristics, as a likely result of scientific adaptation of each "breed."

Last edited by HellaDumb; 11-14-2005 at 10:28 AM.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:26 AM

Yeah there are minor differences, but none that change the underlying anatomy and physiology of being human.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:29 AM

Yeah there are minor differences, but none that change the underlying anatomy and physiology of being human.
Ok, then why do they call it diversity if we are all the same?
Old 11-14-2005, 10:52 AM

Cultural and asthetic diversity...why do you ask questions that you must already know the answers to.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:04 PM

Cultural and asthetic diversity...why do you ask questions that you must already know the answers to.
So God created us equal then, right?
Old 11-14-2005, 02:08 PM

You can believe that if you choose to.

And you still haven't answered my question. How is it that you associate racism with evolution? There is no connection that I can see, I'd like to know where you came up with that...my guess is that you just thought of this thread idea out of nowhere and you haven't even given the topic any thought yourself.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:22 PM

And you still haven't answered my question. How is it that you associate racism with evolution? There is no connection that I can see, I'd like to know where you came up with that...my guess is that you just thought of this thread idea out of nowhere and you haven't even given the topic any thought yourself.
Did you actually read my original post? I said, ""Created Equal" is a Western philosophy that resulted from Christian culture. The vast majority of humans on our planet don't buy it, and Evolution Philosophy seeks to prove that racism is justified (we are not equal, as we evolved differently)." Got it? Did you read it this time?

"Western culture" is the only modern culture that places all races of human beings equal, and "created equal" is a result of Christian societal values.

On the other hand, evolution explains why diverse traits, specialization, and adaptation occured in the human species. As with other creatures, this resulted in different comparative physical/physiological strengths/weaknesses, and though not politically correct, even mental/behavioral traits.

rac·ism
n.
The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

Now, mr smartypants, since evolution and science seeks to explain differences between races, how is it not racist, and how does it not make discrimination scientific?

Last edited by HellaDumb; 11-14-2005 at 09:25 PM.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:38 AM

I did read your post...apparently you haven't read mine. We all evolved to be almost exactly the same. If you don't see that your original statement/post is based on a just plain wrong assumption, I can't discuss this with you.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:59 AM

We all evolved to be almost exactly the same.
Not true. Just because a chihuahua and wolf can screw, they are not the same. Maybe critical thinking is one of your shortcomings?

Possibly a genetic disposition to political correctness?

Last edited by HellaDumb; 11-15-2005 at 11:11 AM.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:20 AM

That's a funny example.

Anyway, like I said, I'm not going to discuss this with you. Partially because you won't understand what I'm saying, but mostly because I believe your motivation in starting this thread is to somehow discredit and demonize those who understand evolution rather than beleive in creation.

Last edited by MVWRX; 11-15-2005 at 11:29 AM.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by HellaDumb
Maybe critical thinking is one of your shortcomings?
Hahahahaha...coming from you, that's the funniest thing I've heard in years...

Quick Reply: Created Equal versus evolution's inherent racism