Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Clinton Advisor, Sandy Berger, took important terror memo's?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 11:18 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Clinton Advisor, Sandy Berger, took important terror memo's?

I only thought Republicans were the crooked one's?

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040720/D83U6TIO0.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------
WASHINGTON (AP) - President Clinton's national security adviser, Sandy Berger, is the focus of a Justice Department investigation after removing highly classified terrorism documents and handwritten notes from a secure reading room during preparations for the Sept. 11 commission hearings, The Associated Press has learned...

...The FBI searches of Berger's home and office occurred after National Archives employees told agents they believed they saw Berger place documents in his clothing while reading sensitive Clinton administration papers and that some documents were then noticed missing, officials said.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe the Clinton Administration and Democratic party wants to bring down Bush so badly that they're willing to do anything?! Even alter the facts by taking important documents?!

What do suppose was on the documents Berger may have taken?
Old 07-20-2004, 01:47 PM
VIP Member

Berger and his lawyer said Monday night he knowingly removed the handwritten notes by placing them in his jacket, pants and socks, and also inadvertently took copies of actual classified documents in a leather portfolio.

"I deeply regret the sloppiness involved, but I had no intention of withholding documents from the commission

I didn't realize you could "inadvertently" stuff classified documents in your pants and socks? Name:  86.gif
Views: 9
Size:  1.7 KB

Nonetheless, he'll get away with it because he's a Democrat.

On the other hand, If the most insignificant Repulbican on the totem pole farts he'll have to answer to everyone and everything. :un****ingbelievable:
Old 07-20-2004, 03:17 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
I'm curious, what is Berger doing in there now? Is he even in government service still? How is he still cleared for all that stuff?
Old 07-20-2004, 03:39 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
I'm curious, what is Berger doing in there now? Is he even in government service still? How is he still cleared for all that stuff?

That's a good question...

As a former NSA, I believe Berger was given access to the archives for "one last hoorah" before his testimony to the 9/11 Commision & National Commission on Terrorist Attacks.

I may be wrong though...
Old 07-20-2004, 05:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 PSM WRX

He was an informal advisor to the Kerry campaign but since these recent developments he has decided to step down. From what I have read, last year Bill Clinton asked him to review and select documents that would be handed over to the Sept. 11th comission. Other than that I have no Idea what else he has been diong.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by MO REX
He was an informal advisor to the Kerry campaign but since these recent developments he has decided to step down. From what I have read, last year Bill Clinton asked him to review and select documents that would be handed over to the Sept. 11th comission. Other than that I have no Idea what else he has been diong.
Neither of those positions merits a security clearance, unless he was basically acting as Kerry's "NSA" during his campaign. Major candidates are given basically the same security briefings as the president starting around the time of the primaries. Secret Service details too.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:41 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by MO REX
He was an informal advisor to the Kerry campaign but since these recent developments he has decided to step down.
I forgot to mention this and thanks for filling us in.

Maybe he was supposed to rid of the pages to make the Bush Administration look worse than it already is? In return, making Kerry look better...

And i agree with Kevin that none of those merit a security clearance. TS SCI type clearances are literally signed in blood with your organs as collateral.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:42 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
I didn't realize you could "inadvertently" stuff classified documents in your pants and socks?

Nonetheless, he'll get away with it because he's a Democrat.

On the other hand, If the most insignificant Repulbican on the totem pole farts he'll have to answer to everyone and everything. :un****ingbelievable:
thats not completely true, i think it goes both ways. Look at the Clinton "may have smoked pot" vs "Bush did coke and got a DUI" - which drew more media attention? If anything, i think republicans get away with more evil - but just by a tiny tiny bit - in the end they are all polititians.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by constellation
thats not completely true, i think it goes both ways. Look at the Clinton "may have smoked pot" vs "Bush did coke and got a DUI" - which drew more media attention? If anything, i think republicans get away with more evil - but just by a tiny tiny bit - in the end they are all polititians.
I think the side that is currently in the White House/ control of Congress gets away with less. The other side spends more time harping on the flaws of the other when that happens.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:53 PM
VIP Member

I think the side that is currently in the White House/ control of Congress gets away with less. The other side spends more time harping on the flaws of the other when that happens.
Bingo.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:56 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
yep.
Old 07-20-2004, 06:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 PSM WRX
I wasnt trying to say that he got the clearence because he was an informal advisor to the Kerry campaign. My understanding is that Bill Clinton was asked by the 9/11 comission to produce the classified documents from his administration that related to the 9/11 tragedy (things like the Al Qaeda terror threats in 99 that were missing). Bill Clinton had Berger go through the documents at the National Archives so they could be presented to the comission and that is when the archives noticed that the documents were missing. Since he was the national security advisor for Clinton and he probably helped write most of the documents, why would the archives have a problem with him looking at them? I dont know that this is why he had access to the documents but it seems like the only logical explination since I doubt he still has any position in the government.