Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...
View Poll Results: How should the site be improved?
need more info ( I will e-mail you the Questions)
33.33%
should provide free stuff
0%
Need new look
66.67%
I learned news things from site (Its good)
0%
I will e-mail you
0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Askmuslims.com

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 11:05 AM

Post Askmuslims.com

Hey guys,

I just want to get comments or suggestions "after you visited this site". In advance this is not a spam because i am openly saying that it is a site to clear misconception people have about Islam. Let me know what you think and if you have any question I will be glad to answer them but remember no bad language and if you want to say something or ask question i recommend to e-mail from site. Thank you lot dude.

http://askmuslims.com
Old 08-05-2005, 11:50 AM

Thumbs up

Come on guys you are visiting the site but no comments or questions, thats highly impossible because on other times you guys have so many questions. OK! people are afraid to ask questions and giving e-mail address how about going to site and asking question on forum that way you don't even have to give name or contact info.

http://askmuslims.com

Ask Muslims not the Media.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:55 AM

Smile Already Answered

Hello friends,

Thanks for asking questions, but most of the questions you are asking are already been answered in FAQ links. Please check that out first and if you still don't find your answer for your question then I will be glad to answer your question/s. Thanks a lot for visiting the askmuslims.com
Old 08-08-2005, 04:00 PM

Thank you for visiting....
Old 08-08-2005, 04:40 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Hi flysky,

Here's what you need to do. Your site sounds more like a pilgrimage rather than a site for information.

You want people of other religions, agnostics and atheists to understand your religion? Then understand that those reading it may be offended by your assertiveness.

For example,
Originally Posted by askmuslims.com
He is the Creator of all human beings. He is the God for the Christians, the Jews, the Muslims, the Buddhists, the Hindus, the atheists, and others. Muslims worship God whose name is Allah. They put their trust in Him and they seek His help and His guidance.
Oh really? Yes, by definition Allah is equal to what God is in every other religion according to Muslim belief. But I can assure you that Christians' version of God does not offer 72 celestial virgins upon arrival of martyrs. There’s a difference. If you want to teach them your ways it's best not to offend them with what you consider absolute.

Try not to forget that your target audience is not Muslim. Obviously... or else they wouldn't have any reason to visit your site.

Here's a better way of typing it:

Originally Posted by my version
According to Muslims, Allah is the Creator of all human beings. He is the God for the Christians, the Jews, the Muslims, the Buddhists, the Hindus, the atheists, and others. Muslims worship God whose name is Allah. They put their trust in Him and they seek His help and His guidance.
Also, your site explains Islam in the peaceful sense. We understand that Islam is the religion of peace through the eyes of the majority and respect that. If we didn't then there would be countless hate crimes directed towards innocent Muslims on American soil everyday. You see, most people don't care about what your religion means. They just want to know why some Muslim extremists feel and act the way they do. The more discriminate you are to the non-peaceful “Muslims” that are sullying your good name, the more we can differentiate between the two and become more educated.

I explain more in post #24 & #26 of this thread: https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...33#post1139533

Also, feel free to post there.

Mods, please move this thread to the politics with a redirect so flysky can find it.

Thanks.

Last edited by Salty; 08-08-2005 at 06:58 PM.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:56 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
Very well said Salty.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:03 AM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
Very well said Salty.
+1. Well put IMO. Hopefully they can take that and better the website.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:07 AM

Question

See this is the reason Askmuslims was created to clear your misconception about Islam.

Firstly what does Allah (which means God) has to do with 72 celestial virgins are we talking about human or God

Secondly were in the Quran is it written about 72 celestial virgins can you show me because I have never seen it and people just talk with any proof so Salt proof me wrong or stop spreading wrong information about Islam withour knowledge.

Hope to hear from you dude.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:39 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Hey fly.. as far as the site, it would be nice if there was like a google search of Q/A, so you could see written answers to common questions. Recently, I saw hundreds of muslims dressed in white and didn't know what was going on... apparently they were visiting a new mosque. I don't want to have to send and email each time I have a question.

I know others want to know why so many self-proclaimed muslims commit abhorent acts, without some response that includes blaming someone else, or siting ancient history. Blacks would still be murduring whites for slavery that occurred only a few hundred years ago if we didn't practice forgiveness, and American Indians and Mexicans would say we (current U.S. residents) are occupying their land.

I know there are muslims who believe that there is no true current condition for Jihad, but we also know that many muslims living in this country would like to see the U.S. distroyed. What is YOUR opinion on this?

This is a forum, and as such, it'd be nice to get answers here in the forum.

Last edited by HellaDumb; 08-09-2005 at 10:41 AM.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:19 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by flysky
See this is the reason Askmuslims was created to clear your misconception about Islam.

Firstly what does Allah (which means God) has to do with 72 celestial virgins are we talking about human or God

Secondly were in the Quran is it written about 72 celestial virgins can you show me because I have never seen it and people just talk with any proof so Salt proof me wrong or stop spreading wrong information about Islam withour knowledge.

Hope to hear from you dude.

I never said anything about the Qur'an when making that point. I'm referring to Hadith. Words spoken from Allah to Muhammad but not included in the Qur'an.

I'm referring to Al-Tirmidhi's Sunan at-Tirmidhi. Which is followed by members of Sunni Islam. It is also quoted in Ibn Kathir Tafsir of Surah ar-Rahman. According to these once world renowned Muslim scholars, not only is it for martyrs, but for any believer who is admitted to Heaven.

You see, this is part of the problem. I knew that you would denounce this very idea. You’re from America or living in America, right? My guess is that you live in a metropolitan area on either the east or west coast. Seattle, San Francisco, Boston, D.C., New York? Seems to be a common misconception among most American Islamic centers that are affiliated with national and local Muslim councils - each with their own set of 'Muslim scholars' to put another stick in the spoke. I’ve studied the Bible, Qur’an, other religions and religious texts just to have a better understand as an agnostic individual. This does not make me an expert in the slightest, but it does give me the opportunity to do simple research from the sidelines while remaining impartial and dispassionate.

This is what happens when you have a hundred different ideas of Islam without a governing body. Each following different texts from Africa to Pakistan and the United States. If you only present your one view of Islam among the numerous sects, groups, countless hadiths, etc., then of course it's going to be a pretty painting by flysky every time.

You need to acknowledge the other sects and groups by giving them credit as Muslims, yet be openly discriminating when explaining the differences and faults.

Regardless of what you hold true and if you acknowledge my sources, your site still comes off as arrogant and far too assertive. Don't get the idea that I’m disrespecting your religion. I am not in the slightest and feel your site is headed in the right direction. But listen flysky, you asked for constructive criticism and I gave it with two people agreeing with me above. Doesn’t this say anything to you regarding your target audience? Ask yourself if you're really trying to provide information to non-Muslims -or- use this website as a means of online pilgrimage to non-Muslims.

Last edited by Salty; 08-10-2005 at 09:42 AM.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:31 AM

"Thank you for your question or rather your statement. You should know that Islam holds human life in high esteem, human blood is sacred, human property is safeguarded, killing others is a criminal act in Islam, and it is severely punishable not only in this world but also in the Hereafter.

Even the child in his mother’s womb is well protected in Islam and even the dead body in the grave is totally honored. The lives of animals also come under the Islamic law of protection. If a Muslim [deliberately] kills another Muslim, he must be killed after all evidence is established, unless the family of the murdered forgive the murderer or accept to compromise the matter with him [by accepting blood money from him].

Yes, it is a pity nowadays we find Israel killing Palestinians in masses while the whole world is watching or listening to false justifications. The Crusaders, as you know, came from Europe to kill Muslims and occupy their land using religion as a justification to their claim. I would like to recall here that the intolerant Catholics in Spain went very far against the teachings of Jesus himself, the prince of peace.

In Islam, the protection of one soul from being killed may be equal to giving life to all humankind; likewise, the killing of an innocent soul may be equal to the killing of the entire human race.

Allah Almighty says: "For that cause We decreed for the Children of Israel that whosoever killeth a human being for other than man slaughter or corruption in the earth, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind, and whoso saveth the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind. Our messengers came unto them of old with clear proofs (of Allah's sovereignty), but afterwards lo! many of them became prodigals in the earth." (Al-Ma’idah: 32)

In Islam, jihad is not to kill others or to deny their existence or their rights to live and develop their life. It is only to protect the Muslim people against any aggression or invasion.

Islam is also ready to offer protection to non-Muslims who are wronged and unjustly treated. Islam tries always to keep the balance between nations and to secure a better life and always calls for a better understanding between nations.

In the just war allowed in Islam, it is forbidden to kill innocent children, women and unarmed people, or to burn crops, destroy the means of living, torture the captives, or mutilate the dead bodies under any circumstance. If the enemies of Islam call for peace, Islam urges Muslims to accept and to decline war and enter into peace immediately with them.

War in Islam is circumstantial and accidental. But peace is the everlasting rule.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:36 AM

by the way salt which religion do you follow?

Last edited by flysky; 08-10-2005 at 10:59 AM.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:48 AM
VIP Member

Did you not read paragraph 3 of post #10? I specifically point out being an agnostic individual. What? Are you about to feel sorry for me? I certainly hope not. I can assure you i'm very content in my life and beliefs, thank you. What does this have to do with the hadiths you've yet to refute?
Old 08-10-2005, 11:09 AM

OH! well I guess i missed that you are agnostic. Now explain me why i should explain a person who is "skeptical" about the most important thing, that is GOD. How can i explain a confused person a thing which is very clear. so forget it... I do have good explaination about that Hadith but it won't be useful to you because no matter what i say you will be not believe me. Period.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:17 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
"The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge."

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeeded be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death."

Both from Einstein, both from another thread here...both very good, and logical, reasons to be skeptical of a higher power.

Quick Reply: Askmuslims.com