New STi in Reno

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 05:32 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
My tone was directed at the people posting off topic things, not at you.

How do you define a "professional tuner"? If the tune was performed by someone who owns Cobb's ProTuner software, I would consider them to be a "professional tuner" even if they are not good at it.
Has a local business license.
Is registered with the BAR.
And, if in the business of reselling parts, has a valid Seller's Permit.

If a person is not in posession of all the above mentioned documents/permits/licenses, and are performing work on vehicles for money, they are commiting a crime in California.

Hence, they are not profesionals.

If you believe this tuner did a bad job and tuned the car to run that a/f, then it does indeed matter who tuned the car. I imagine you wouldn't want anyone from our community getting tuned by them and therefore you're warning people. That's why you posted the graph in the first place right? By being ambiguous you're not helping out the community at all but rather trying to stir up more business for yourself.
I'm not here to protect the world.
My loyalty are to my customers, that believe in my superior products & services, and to my family.

From our past experiences I know you're not the type of guy to shy away from confrontation, so why do it now?
You're correct, I loves me a good tussel from time to time.
However, I have patience.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:37 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Old 05-19-2008, 06:07 PM
In Russia, Title Choose You.

Car Info: Everywhere
i cant wait till i get the go ahead about the dyno run (awaiting pm response) and find out how well (or not) my car is tuned....i have not seen any knock on it for a long time and the afr's were looking decent....though it has been a long time since i logged it and since then it has gotten ridiculously hotter outside

to the threadstarter: buddy i am honestly sorry about what happened in your thread. i know that i had some part in it so about that i bring you my apologies. once again, welcome to the forum, you can see its filled with knowledgeable and opinionated individuals, so it doesnt get boring very often have fun on here
Old 05-19-2008, 07:00 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned

If a person is not in posession of all the above mentioned documents/permits/licenses, and are performing work on vehicles for money, they are commiting a crime in California.

I agree with all of the above except the BAR. A person performing software calibration of the engine management computer for off road use only does not have to register with the BAR. Any business performing mechanical repairs on vehicles for money must be registered. As far as the rest of your qualifications, I don't believe Cobb would sell to and support a Protuner who did not have the necessary documents. So who is this rogue "unprofessional" tuner?

I'm not here to protect the world.
My loyalty are to my customers, that believe in my superior products & services, and to my family.

You're correct, I loves me a good tussel from time to time.
However, I have patience.
Then why post that graph? You're obviously trying to warn people, so stop beating around the bush and be up front and clear about your warnings and accusations.

Thanks
Old 05-19-2008, 07:02 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Originally Posted by VladiWrX
to the threadstarter: buddy i am honestly sorry about what happened in your thread. i know that i had some part in it so about that i bring you my apologies. once again, welcome to the forum, you can see its filled with knowledgeable and opinionated individuals, so it doesnt get boring very often have fun on here
I'm also truly sorry your thread has come to this and I apologize for contributing to it. I try my hardest to stick to relevant information but I still get sucked into pointless bickering on occasion.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
I agree with all of the above except the BAR. A person performing software calibration of the engine management computer for off road use only does not have to register with the BAR.
Odd. If you're tuning for offroad use, why are you doing the tuning on road ?
Old 05-19-2008, 07:42 PM
plays well with others

Originally Posted by paul@DBtuned

were going in!

I agree with all of the above except the BAR. A person performing software calibration of the engine management computer for off road use only does not have to register with the BAR. Any business performing mechanical repairs on vehicles for money must be registered. As far as the rest of your qualifications, I don't believe Cobb would sell to and support a Protuner who did not have the necessary documents. So who is this rogue "unprofessional" tuner?

Originally Posted by nachomc
Odd. If you're tuning for offroad use, why are you doing the tuning on road ?

internet victory!

Old 05-19-2008, 08:22 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon

Then why post that graph? You're obviously trying to warn people, so stop beating around the bush and be up front and clear about your warnings and accusations.

Thanks
The BAR will not agree with you, Ed.
By default, if the car has a plate on it, the vehicle may not be considered an "Off Road Use Only" vehicle as far as whether or not you have to be registered with the BAR..

End of story.

I have not made any accusations towards any tuner. Posting up graphs of poor performaning cars is a far cry from saying, "He sucks!!"
At this popint, me naming names does nothing.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:38 PM

Car Info: 2004 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by irrational x
were going in!

internet victory!

Bored much?
Old 05-19-2008, 11:40 PM
plays well with others

Originally Posted by T-Will
Bored much?
took like 3 minutes of google image search...

plus... i figure no1 will ask for cliffs now