Local Suby Owner a hero.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 12:58 PM

Car Info: 2004 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by 4URABUS
something, something... it's the size of the fight in the dog.
YES
Old 06-22-2007, 01:01 PM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B
You guys also need to take into account the people who tend to own pits. They aren't your average run of the mill familys that own these dogs. they tend to be the 'thugs' and wanna be thugs that basically don't treat the dog how it should be treated(i.e. see new article), so while it will act normal for awhile oventually it will snap. Pits are one of the most loyal dogs you can buy, and will back up it's owner until its death, there isn't very many dogs that will fight for it's owner like a pit will(if trained properly). German Sherpards are the only other dog that comes to my mind that will stand up for its owner like a pit will.. I'm sure there is a few more.

Pits have so many attributes to them that automatically stir people away from them; 99.9999% muscle, can lock their jaw, and you can stab the ***** in the eye and will only make it bite harder. I have a friend who has owned NOTHING but pits... he rough houses them, beats the **** outa them when he wrestles it(not inhumane) the dog just sits there and wags it's tail and plays along. He has never had a single pit attack ANYONE or even growl at anyone. The only one he had turn on people was one that he bought from someone(dog was a year and a half old). It was a nice dog, but when my friend blew on the back of its head one time the ****er flipped!! If i ever bought a pit, it would have to be at the very very very very very youngest you are legally allowed to buy the dog
Old 06-22-2007, 01:08 PM

Car Info: Sline
You'd be surprised at how far a poodle will go to defend/protect its owner(s). They're not entirely the prissy dog that they're stereotyped to be.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:12 PM
Troll

Originally Posted by jvick125
You'd be surprised at how far a poodle will go to defend/protect its owner(s). They're not entirely the prissy dog that they're stereotyped to be.
LOL, I think if I was attacking someone and their poodle came to try to protect it's owner and attack me, I'd fall on the ground laughing my *** off... so it might work I guess
Old 06-22-2007, 01:15 PM

Car Info: Sline
I can show you a poodle that would F*** your world up. When it stands on it's hind legs to attack someone, it's about 6' tall.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:17 PM
Troll

Originally Posted by jvick125
I can show you a poodle that would F*** your world up. When it stands on it's hind legs to attack someone, it's about 6' tall.
I'm laughing just now at a poodle trying to hurt someone gayest dogs ever
Old 06-22-2007, 02:02 PM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
Originally Posted by GT35 STI
You guys also need to take into account the people who tend to own pits. They aren't your average run of the mill familys that own these dogs. they tend to be the 'thugs' and wanna be thugs that basically don't treat the dog how it should be treated(i.e. see new article), so while it will act normal for awhile oventually it will snap. Pits are one of the most loyal dogs you can buy, and will back up it's owner until its death, there isn't very many dogs that will fight for it's owner like a pit will(if trained properly). German Sherpards are the only other dog that comes to my mind that will stand up for its owner like a pit will.. I'm sure there is a few more.

Pits have so many attributes to them that automatically stir people away from them; 99.9999% muscle, can lock their jaw, and you can stab the ***** in the eye and will only make it bite harder. I have a friend who has owned NOTHING but pits... he rough houses them, beats the **** outa them when he wrestles it(not inhumane) the dog just sits there and wags it's tail and plays along. He has never had a single pit attack ANYONE or even growl at anyone. The only one he had turn on people was one that he bought from someone(dog was a year and a half old). It was a nice dog, but when my friend blew on the back of its head one time the ****er flipped!! If i ever bought a pit, it would have to be at the very very very very very youngest you are legally allowed to buy the dog
They can't lock their jaws =\
Old 06-22-2007, 02:07 PM

Car Info: 92 Paseo with spinaz, 2011 tooth white wrx
Originally Posted by Mad Ra88it
i'll have to call BS on this one.

my dog... remembers everything he does wrong(that day)

Does he tell you he knows or are you just guessing?
Old 06-22-2007, 03:00 PM
Troll

Originally Posted by 03_Impreza_Al
is that an old wise tale or something, I could of sworn that they could?

http://thebullyhouse.net/pitbullhist...faqsmyths.html

something I just found

guess it really was just a myth.. learn something new everyday...stupid ****ing media
Old 06-22-2007, 03:03 PM
Troll

from the site....

My Uncle's Friend's Wife's step-brother said that APBT's are born mean and can't be trusted. Is this true?
No, this couldn't be further from the truth. Most people who think or say that "Pit Bulls" are inherently mean, have most likely never met one and rely on the inaccurate media hyped portryal of "Pit Bulls" as the basis of their opinions. Like any other breed of dog, the key areas of focus for ensuring a happy, well adjusted American Pit Bull Terrier as a pet are: owner education, proper breeding, socialization, and training. A break down in any one or more of these areas could lead to problems down the road.

The APBT is, contrary to popular belief, very human-friendly and will not naturally be aggressive towards humans. The APBT is, however, very loyal and eagar to please, so that if an owner wants a dog to be aggressive toward humans and reinforces this behaviour from an early age, the dog will most likely be aggressive towards humans as an adult.

Many people equate or confuse aggressivness towards other dogs with aggressivness towards humans. I have seen newspaper reports in which "concerned neighbors" are quoted saying things like, "This time it killed a stray cat; tomorrow it may be my children." Yet animal-aggressiveness is an entirely different thing from human-aggressiveness. There is no reason to infer from its killing a cat that a dog--any dog, not just an APBT--will ever show aggression toward human beings. Dogs can and do discriminate, even if irate neighbors cannot.

One of the most enduring urban legends involving dogs is the one about Doberman Pinscher's supposed tendency to suddenly "turn on" their loving owners. This violent change in behavior is said to be precipitated by a natural swelling of the dog's brain at a certain age (the exact age differs according to the retelling). Of course this legend has no basis at all in fact. The "pit bull" has replaced the Doberman Pinscher as the stereotypical "vicious breed," but the same human ignorance and credulity is behind the persistence of such legends.

ROFL
Dogs can and do discriminate, even if irate neighbors cannot.
since dogs discriminate does that mean I can discriminate?!

interesting....
This isn't just a personal, impressionistic perspective of mine. The American Canine Temperament Testing Association is an organization that titles dogs for passing its temperament test. The test consists of putting the dog into a series of unexpected situations, some involving strangers. The dog fails the test if it shows any signs of unprovoked aggression or panic around people. Of all dogs that take the test, 77% on average pass. But among pit bulls who take the test, 95% on average pass--one of the highest passing rates of all breeds.

but i guess irational-x's 'survey' has to be right

Last edited by GT35 STI; 06-22-2007 at 03:15 PM.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:48 PM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
Originally Posted by MBasile
I can't stand people that get aggressive breeds and then wonder why it chases the cat

+a whole lot for that ****er getting caught
Why must I be like that? Why must I chase the cat?

Pits have so many attributes to them that automatically stir people away from them; 99.9999% muscle, can lock their jaw, and you can stab the ***** in the eye and will only make it bite harder.

Originally Posted by 03_Impreza_Al
TIA for saying that...I was just about to make a comment on it.
is that an old wise tale or something, I could of sworn that they could?

http://thebullyhouse.net/pitbullhist...faqsmyths.html

something I just found

guess it really was just a myth.. learn something new everyday...stupid ****ing media
Thank you for researching that. Really I don't believe any dog can lock their jaws. From what a close friend says who is a breeder and obsessed with pits...apparently their jaw structure doesn't allow them to lock the jaw. But damn they could clamp on like a ******.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:49 PM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
since dogs discriminate does that mean I can discriminate?!
NO YOU ******!
Old 06-22-2007, 05:53 PM
Troll

Pits bulls are the ****, I will probably never own one, but every pit i have met even some of the biggest ****ing pits you will see, are the most friendly dogs ever

Last edited by GT35 STI; 06-22-2007 at 05:55 PM.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:14 PM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
^ those biggest pits you seen aren't even pittys anymore. Probably crossed with a larger breed dog to look bigger. They also breed them with bulldogs to get more of a wider and lower stance which is terrible and puts a lot of stress on their bones.

All those backyard breeders make me sick...

Theres a good looking pity

http://www.ukcpitbull.com/encycloped...?page=Superdog
^ pittys are teh awesome
Old 06-22-2007, 07:35 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
That's one purty dog.

Quick Reply: Local Suby Owner a hero.