Local Suby Owner a hero.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 06:06 AM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
Originally Posted by irrational x
pit bulls as a breed, are responsible for more attacks on humans and other dogs than all other breeds combined, stuff that in your pipe and smoke it you ****in hippy.

...but then again im biased, i did watch a pit pull a good chunk of my cousins face off at a family party. I have met plenty of nice pitbulls, but I would never own one, take my dogs around one, or let kids near them and I stall within reach of large blunt objects when im near them.
The were trained to hunt originally like most dogs. Obviously you can breed in specific traits like aggression and unfortunately people have done that over the years so they could have the dogs perform in fights.

Oh and I am in NO WAY a filthy hippy
Old 06-22-2007, 06:17 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by maddhatteroo7
The were trained to hunt originally like most dogs. Obviously you can breed in specific traits like aggression and unfortunately people have done that over the years so they could have the dogs perform in fights.

a CDC study detailing dog bite related fatalities in the US between 1979 and 1998 reveals that roughly one-third were caused by Pit Bull type dogs.
dont ***** about training and breeding and all that crap, theres a wolf in my house. hes the ***** of the 7pound pallion. try looking up statistics on Lab attacks, or jack russel attacks. Its gona be hard to find cause aside from rabid individuals there are no attacks.

saying pit bulls arent dangers is like sayng Arabs dont like to wear sheets and blow **** up. ignorant
Old 06-22-2007, 06:28 AM

It's all about training. What are you talking about?? The dog only knows what it has been taught. If the owner taught it to fight, its going to fight and be very aggressive. Oh and you know that studies are NEVER 100% correct as there are many variables such as location of where the study took place and if the attack was recorded or not.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:33 AM
plays well with others

It's all about training. What are you talking about?? The dog only knows what it has been taught. If the owner taught it to fight, its going to fight and be very aggressive.
that sure explains all the "family" pitbulls that attack people

Oh and you know that studies are NEVER 100% correct as there are many variables such as location of where the study took place and if the attack was recorded or not.
you should get a job with big tobacco
Old 06-22-2007, 06:49 AM
Father Time

Car Info: This aint a bag. It's a shipment.
I think it's both the breed and the training.

I blame latin america.

/runs
Old 06-22-2007, 06:54 AM

that sure explains all the "family" pitbulls that attack people

you should get a job with big tobacco
You're just like the rest of the population though. People feed on negative stereotypes and are only aware of what they've been conditioned to know. People never hear the good, but always the bad for some reason and always remember just the bad.

As for big tobacco...I have nothing against them. It's that person's right to smoke and I'll leave it at that. If you'd like to persue that subject please make a thread in the politcal forum and PM me the link
besides...big tobacco like Malboro sponsors my favorite F1 team and I support them
Old 06-22-2007, 06:55 AM

Car Info: 2004 PSM WRX
Pit bull attacks are George Bush's fault.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:03 AM
plays well with others

You're just like the rest of the population though. People feed on negative stereotypes and are only aware of what they've been conditioned to know. People never hear the good, but always the bad for some reason and always remember just the bad.
you know what they say about sterotypes, they are generally true

As for big tobacco...I have nothing against them. It's that person's right to smoke and I'll leave it at that. If you'd like to persue that subject please make a thread in the politcal forum and PM me the link
besides...big tobacco like Malboro sponsors my favorite F1 team and I support them
it was merely a comment about your ignorant disregard for statistical data
Old 06-22-2007, 07:12 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
hatteroo - are you a dog owner? we've currently got 2 labs and a jack russell. i've always had dogs growing up as a kid too. yes, training is key to having a good behaving dog, but they also do have their own natural traits. not to say all pit-bulls are mean, but they're not all angels either.

you made the comment earlier about "big dumb lab", why did you make that? because of the stereotype? yeah, it happens to be true and like most stereotypes, it exists for a reason. but with training, my "big dumb labs" don't really act so dumb.

my brother used to have a pit, she was a very very well behaved dog. she did require constant training though to get her there and keep her there. i'm sure, were she chained up and generally mistreated, her roots would have shown through and she probably would have been aggressive.

Last edited by RussB; 06-22-2007 at 07:17 AM.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by T-Will
Pit bull attacks are George Bush's fault.
Global warming is also his fault apparently too

you know what they say about sterotypes, they are generally true

it was merely a comment about your ignorant disregard for statistical data
I don't disregard it entirely. I just believe they are never 100% correct as they rely on info that is presented to them and what info is available at the time of the study.

Originally Posted by RussB
hatteroo - are you a dog owner? we've currently got 2 labs and a jack russell. i've always had dogs growing up as a kid too. yes, training is key to having a good behaving dog, but they also do have their own natural traits. not to say all pit-bulls are mean, but they're not all angels either.

you made the comment earlier about "big dumb lab", why did you make that? because of the stereotype? yeah, it happens to be true and like most stereotypes, it exists for a reason. but with training, my "big dumb labs" don't really act so dumb.

my brother used to have a pit, she was a very very well behaved dog. she did require constant training though to get her there and keep her there. i'm sure, were she chained up and generally mistreated, her roots would have shown through and she probably would have been aggressive.
Yes I am a dog owner and have raised a couple myself. Just about all domestic animals will retain any non-domestic traits with them regardless of what it is. And yes you did catch my in my hypocracy lol. I admit that I just did what I was trying to argue against. I have met a handful of labs that were a bit dumb, but not overall bad dogs, just needed some more training than others like any other dog.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:37 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by nKoan
I'm just hoping that there is a hush-hush story here of the unnamed LEO utilizing "unrestrained use of excessive force".
No comment.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:48 AM

Car Info: 92 Paseo with spinaz, 2011 tooth white wrx
My wife's pomeranian picks on my pitbull.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:00 AM
banned

Car Info: ummm?
Originally Posted by Double Phister
I think it's both the breed and the training.

I blame latin america.

/runs
and....dont forget rap music.

srsly!

and poor lil dobies. too
Old 06-22-2007, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by PURIST
My wife's pomeranian picks on my pitbull.
hahaha it has a neapolian complex
Old 06-22-2007, 08:15 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
BTW, the article doesn't tell the complete story:

The dude is built like a brick ****house.
The dude wasn't just kicking the dog, but swinging the dog on the chain over his head, into the ground.

He did this whilst walking +4 miles to quarry.
The dude made comments like "My dog embarrassed me" & when asked why he simply just got rid of the dog, "He's my dog. I can't give him away."

The officer called for the circling helo to medivac the dog. The dog died at the scene, being lifted into the helo.

I don't give a **** if a dog ate the face off of my child, I would not slowly beat the thing to death.

Quick Reply: Local Suby Owner a hero.