Local Suby Owner a hero.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 11:01 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
I had a jack russell put a hole in my lower lip when I was young. It was a family friend's that I had seen a million times before, but this one time I guess decided the playing wasn't playing any longer.

In my opinion, jack russell's are closer to pit-bulls than labs on the scale of volitility.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:04 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: MOPAR Baby!! yeeaaaahhh
Originally Posted by nKoan
I had a jack russell put a hole in my lower lip when I was young. It was a family friend's that I had seen a million times before, but this one time I guess decided the playing wasn't playing any longer.

In my opinion, jack russell's are closer to pit-bulls than labs on the scale of volitility.
+1000, they are even more dangerous because people think they are cute & harmless and good for kids.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:06 AM

Car Info: '02 WRagon
smaller dogs are more vicious than larger dogs, they just can't inflict fatal or near fatal injuries.

if you look at the statistics, small breeds (toys) are more likely to attack than larger breeds.

IIRC something like chiwawas are the #1 dog attack or close to the top but they're jaws aren't big enough to do the damage a pit or rottweiler can.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:09 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Actually Cocker Spaniels bite more people every year than pitt bulls
Old 06-22-2007, 11:11 AM

Car Info: Sline

Labs are volatile!? I find that VERY hard to believe. I have never heard of or encountered a lab that has ever attacked or bitten someone to the extent that it inflicted significant pain or injury. Some of these labs were even adopted because they were abandoned, so who knows how they were raised.

<---- Comes from a large Lab family.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:14 AM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
Originally Posted by jvick125
Labs are volatile!? I find that VERY hard to believe. I have never heard of or encountered a lab that has ever attacked or bitten someone to the extent that it inflicted significant pain or injury. Some of these labs were even adopted because they were abandoned, so who knows how they were raised.

Read it again.

What he said was:

Aggressive -----------------------------------------------------------------------------non-aggressive

pits -----jack russells-------------------------------------------------------------------labs
Old 06-22-2007, 11:15 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed

You're a DOG?!?!??!
Old 06-22-2007, 11:15 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT

Did you even read what I wrote?

Or did you just mix and match the words at random to create sentences in your head?
Old 06-22-2007, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by sybir
Read it again.

What he said was:

Aggressive -----------------------------------------------------------------------------non-aggressive

pits -----jack russells-------------------------------------------------------------------labs
wow...obscure clif notes FTW!
Old 06-22-2007, 11:26 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by mashpro
The debate is very similar, with the same arguments. People stating facts, or excuse me, facts that were actually reported by statistical or media agencies, and personal incidents. These stories are reported and noted more often because of the stigma related to the "pitbull" and if it were an attack by a more socially acceptable "breed" then it wouldnt make headlines or capture the attention of the vast majority of the population because it is considered an "unusal case" and considered out of character.
wrong

statistical data for the CDC report was taken from animal control agencies that were involved in pitbull related attacks that resulted in death.

im not saying "thems negros have small blood vessel in the head, so we cant let them fly planes" or "hitler wasnt such a bad guy". Im saying the data collected by agencies responcible for disposing of violent animals that have caused human death have a 33% to be a pit breed
Old 06-22-2007, 11:29 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
I can't stand people that get aggressive breeds and then wonder why it chases the cat

+a whole lot for that ****er getting caught
Old 06-22-2007, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by irrational x
wrong

statistical data for the CDC report was taken from animal control agencies that were involved in pitbull related attacks that resulted in death.

im not saying "thems negros have small blood vessel in the head, so we cant let them fly planes" or "hitler wasnt such a bad guy". Im saying the data collected by agencies responcible for disposing of violent animals that have caused human death have a 33% to be a pit breed
The CDC report states that 1/2 of the deaths were from pitbulls and rotts, but 58% of these were from unrestained dogs on the owners property. I have a rott, and if she wasnt trained I would be responsible enough to either give her away to someone who would take the time to train her, or not let others (ie kids) play with her when they came over to my house. Now, of those that are from someone jumping my fence and my dog bit the **** out of them and they died, well-**** maybe you shouldnt be jumping my fence. There are human beings, some of which are on this forum, that will shoot you for creeping around on their property, or at least let off a few "warning" shots.

As for the relationship in the argument, I wasnt say you hated "negros" but its obvious that the simularity in the argument does stand out.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:52 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
jack russells are aggressive? news to me. ours basically lies around the house all day, she almost acts like a cat. i've heard about the bad rep though, but mostly that they were hyper. i guess ours is just exceptionally well behaved. she hasn't even hurt a fly, litterally.

oh, and FYI, jack russells and pits are in fact more related than most people think, they're both terriers.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:00 PM

hounds are where it's at...those guys could care less about attacking.
or anything else for that matter.

the best dog i've seen in a while was a Catahoula Leopard Dog/Great Dane mix.

thing was a horse (stood about 4' 6"+ while sitting) and prolly the coolest coloring i've seen on a dog ever.
like this coloring:

but great dane sized
Old 06-22-2007, 12:43 PM

Car Info: Sline
Did you even read what I wrote?

Or did you just mix and match the words at random to create sentences in your head?
Easy there, buddy. I was reading quickly and read than as and.

Quick Reply: Local Suby Owner a hero.