Local Suby Owner a hero.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 08:27 AM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
Yeah seriously Paul. Its only thing to take the dog down to the vet and put it down, but to beat the crap out of it like that is just horrible.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:42 AM

Car Info: 92 Paseo with spinaz, 2011 tooth white wrx
Originally Posted by maddhatteroo7
hahaha it has a neapolian complex
haha ya, basically.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:43 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
**** that...to expensive.
Having a vet put an animal down > .45 ACP to the head.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:45 AM

Car Info: 92 Paseo with spinaz, 2011 tooth white wrx
Yeah seriously Paul. Its only thing to take the dog down to the vet and put it down, but to beat the crap out of it like that is just horrible.

And I'm sure the dog wasn't fighting the guy either. People have to remember that dogs forget anything they do in less than 1 minute. So, if you hit your dog for chewing your shoes up when you come back from work that night; chances are it thinks you're hitting him for no reason.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:50 AM

The funny thing about these posts, is that instead of pitbull, you could substitute the word with a racial segment of our population, and have the same argument.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:56 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
BTW, the article doesn't tell the complete story:

The dude is built like a brick ****house.
The dude wasn't just kicking the dog, but swinging the dog on the chain over his head, into the ground.

He did this whilst walking +4 miles to quarry.
The dude made comments like "My dog embarrassed me" & when asked why he simply just got rid of the dog, "He's my dog. I can't give him away."
well, this was on the mean streets of Linda...

it does sound like every issue in this story can be traced to the owners of the dog.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:58 AM
banned

Car Info: ummm?
qft

but... in the country.... you can do such things... well... only if the purple triangle neighbors dont catch wind of it
Old 06-22-2007, 08:59 AM
banned

Car Info: ummm?
Originally Posted by PURIST
And I'm sure the dog wasn't fighting the guy either. People have to remember that dogs forget anything they do in less than 1 minute. So, if you hit your dog for chewing your shoes up when you come back from work that night; chances are it thinks you're hitting him for no reason.
i'll have to call BS on this one.

my dog... remembers everything he does wrong(that day)
Old 06-22-2007, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by mashpro
The funny thing about these posts, is that instead of pitbull, you could substitute the word with a racial segment of our population, and have the same argument.
Hahaha yeah I wanted to make that statement earlier, but I didn't want to get accused to derailing the debate

Yeah I agree, but then I didn't want to get flamed for not being "humane"
Old 06-22-2007, 09:11 AM

Hahaha yeah I wanted to make that statement earlier, but I didn't want to get accused to derailing the debate "
The debate is very similar, with the same arguments. People stating facts, or excuse me, facts that were actually reported by statistical or media agencies, and personal incidents. These stories are reported and noted more often because of the stigma related to the "pitbull" and if it were an attack by a more socially acceptable "breed" then it wouldnt make headlines or capture the attention of the vast majority of the population because it is considered an "unusal case" and considered out of character.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by mashpro
The debate is very similar, with the same arguments. People stating facts, or excuse me, facts that were actually reported by statistical or media agencies, and personal incidents. These stories are reported and noted more often because of the stigma related to the "pitbull" and if it were an attack by a more socially acceptable "breed" then it wouldnt make headlines or capture the attention of the vast majority of the population because it is considered an "unusal case" and considered out of character.
+1 sir
Old 06-22-2007, 10:16 AM

Car Info: '02 WRagon
Originally Posted by Mr. Xevious
pitbulls are dumb

example:

BASTARD!...oh, err...BaXter.

that was one of the lames pits i've ever known.

my parents had a a GREAT female brendal pitbull.
the only pit i ever trusted our daughter around.
never was violent or mean, slept in the house on her bed, was well trained (they too her to classes) and loved people.

she would do this thing with my mom's cat that used to freak her out; the dog would scoop up the cat around it's ribcage in the middle and carry it around the yard like a momma dog would do w/ puppies. bu my mom was always nervous she'd just clench down and snap the cat's spine. she never did.

as for the unnamed officer; cheers! animal abusers are almost as bad as child abusers.

BTW; i see my old skate video collection on the mantel in the background.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:32 AM

Car Info: 2004 PSM WRX
Dogs DO remember more than a minute.

I was house-sitting and the dog chewed up my shoe while I was gone. I get home that evening and I could tell by the dog's mannerisms (before I saw the shoe) that it had done something wrong.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:55 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: MOPAR Baby!! yeeaaaahhh
Originally Posted by irrational x
try looking up statistics on Lab attacks, or jack russel attacks. Its gona be hard to find cause aside from rabid individuals there are no attacks.
WHOA WHOA WHOA

You obviously have NO idea about those dogs, jack russels are VICIOUS.... my uncle has one... hes perfectly docile most of the time & hes actually kind of a ***** but every once in a while he flies off the handle... if there is anything close to his size or smaller he WILL rip its throat out. My cousins cousin has a permanent hairlip because the dog tried to rip her face off, my uncle has had a surgery on his hand and a surgery on his foot from the dog biting him. He has kille hundreds of small animals and eaten a litter of kittens, he has attacked a pitbull as a matter of fact. Its the way the dog was raised & the personalty of the particular dog that really matters.

My friend has a pitbull, it has had two litters and about 12 people i know have gotten the puppies, nobody has ever been bitten by any of the dogs.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:00 AM

Car Info: '02 WRagon
Originally Posted by Mr. Furley
WHOA WHOA WHOA

You obviously have NO idea about those dogs, jack russels are VICIOUS.... my uncle has one... hes perfectly docile most of the time & hes actually kind of a ***** but every once in a while he flies off the handle... if there is anything close to his size or smaller he WILL rip its throat out. My cousins cousin has a permanent hairlip because the dog tried to rip her face off, my uncle has had a surgery on his hand and a surgery on his foot from the dog biting him. He has kille hundreds of small animals and eaten a litter of kittens, he has attacked a pitbull as a matter of fact. Its the way the dog was raised & the personalty of the particular dog that really matters.

My friend has a pitbull, it has had two litters and about 12 people i know have gotten the puppies, nobody has ever been bitten by any of the dogs.
i second that.
my buddy had to get rid of their jack russel cus it killed everything on their property (i.e. bats, raccoons, skunks, pigeons, squirrels, etc... it even attacked a deer!) and had to be quarantined over 8 times for rabies.
this was nice to people, but wanted to kill everything it saw.

they almost put it down, but they found a family that was wiling to take it.

Quick Reply: Local Suby Owner a hero.