Ongoing Projects Want to share your ongoing Subaru project with the rest of Subaru Community? Tell us what you did, how you did it and what else are you going to do.

2004 Impreza 2.5 wagon

Old 06-11-2006, 07:20 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 Impreza 2.5TS
Talking I'm backkkkkkkkk

Well I guess that it is finally time to update this page.
It has been a while since I was last on I-Club and a lot has changed (personally, not the car)
Got Married, lost my job, got a new job, my wife quit her job, got a new job, etc... Basically life happened and so my wagon got put on hold.

Anyway, things are settling back to normal and well that means car stuff can resume.

I just ordered new suspension components this week and I am looking for to making some updates to the car as well as this page.

New parts coming:
Whiteline 22mm front sway bar
Whiteline 24mm adjustable rear sway bar
Whiteline front and rear solid end links
Whiteline anti-lift kit with Sport bushing set
05' STI springs

This should make huge changes in the handling of the car while still keeping the ride quite bearable for NY highways and streets.

I am also looking at upgrading the brakes to those from a WRX and possibly throwing in a Cobb Tuning short shifter (depending on the budget).

I still have my WRX side skirts and that Chevy waist spoiler to get finished up. I am modifing the skirts with a little personal touch before painting everything.

Not to worry there will be lots of pictures to go along with all of this and feed back on the installation and performance.

Well that wraps up this rant for now, check back for the latest updates as I get the new parts installed.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 Impreza 2.5TS
Update 9/02/06

Okay, I have gotten the front and rear sway bars with end-links in along with the ALK. The handling is great.
For the wagon owners, I strongly suggest picking up a set of sway bars. The body roll is drasticly reduced.

I also found out that factory STi springs do not seat properly on a Impreza 2.5 wagon. I am now looking for a different set of springs while dealing with noise of having the wrong springs.

Lately I have even been autocrossing with great results even with the spring issues.

The next parts upgrade will be the brakes. I finally have everything I need, now I just need a few free hours to install them and break them in.

Last edited by nhayden; 01-19-2007 at 04:13 PM.