Biggest Bay Area EVO/STI MEET

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 05:53 PM

Car Info: 2011 Spark Silver Sti 4DR
Originally Posted by bkblitzed
well there's some drama on the fb page lol. Im deciding on it, cus driving to SF for a car show is boring imo.
car show? thought it was just a meet lol

Sent from my i4s using i-Club
Old 12-27-2012, 07:40 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by 91vtec
drama? wtf

details plz.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1273...al_comments=31

Andy Yee
alot of ppl on i-club want some proof that you talked to the owner of the lot and that s/he okay'ed it. so i don't know if u called or emailed but if u emailed it would be nice to get a pic posted so it can shut them up.
Yesterday at 5:12pm via mobile
whowever that is, feel free to "shut us up"

this isn't even a problem with us needing to "shut up", this is stone cold fact about proper permissions for a LARGE group of cars to occupy PRIVATE PROPERTY then continue to LOITER for several hours

i see tons of people on the FB page asking for proof of permission, so obviously the people here including myself are not alone in asking for this

Jacky Ko (the organizer) https://www.facebook.com/events/1273...al_comments=31
It's a public place that you pay to park. I don't have the owners number since he's probably some rich ballin dude but the clerk said its ok
19 hours ago via mobile
see, exactly what i said above about people feeling entitled to a "public place" because they can drive there. what part of "private property" is difficult to understand? this isn't a public lot owned by the city, it is owned by a company.

*sigh

Last edited by Rescuer; 12-27-2012 at 07:51 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by Rescuer

whowever that is, feel free to "shut us up"

this isn't even a problem with us needing to "shut up", this is stone cold fact about proper permissions for a LARGE group of cars to occupy PRIVATE PROPERTY then continue to LOITER for several hours

i see tons of people on the FB page asking for proof of permission, so obviously the people here including myself are not alone in asking for this

see, exactly what i said above about people feeling entitled to a "public place" because they can drive there. what part of "private property" is difficult to understand? this isn't a public lot owned by the city, it is owned by a company.

*sigh
exactly. it's private property where cops won't come unless property owner calls. Property owner probably has better things to do to be chillin at the lot. The only ppl left to ruin it would be the ppl working at the lot. and if the clerk at the lot doesn't think it's a problem they should be fine(assuming he really did say it's ok) .

Old 12-28-2012, 08:25 AM

Car Info: 2011 Sti SWP
damn...well that sucks

lets see what happens.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:50 AM

Car Info: 07 UGM FXT
Dude's a little b****. Not going for the sole fact that he's running it.

Have fun everyone. Happy New Years.

:Someone takes Initial D a bit serious..
Old 12-28-2012, 08:56 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by seckSti
exactly. it's private property where cops won't come unless property owner calls. Property owner probably has better things to do to be chillin at the lot. The only ppl left to ruin it would be the ppl working at the lot. and if the clerk at the lot doesn't think it's a problem they should be fine(assuming he really did say it's ok) .

I have a couple questions... how old are you and how long have you been in the game? I'm serious. You are smashing people that are doing nothing but trying to alert people to potential problems and risks. NO ONE is saying don't go. In fact most are saying go have fun and tell us about it. I hope it works out. I would never wish tickets are impound on a fellow forum member.... well there are a few. LOL!

Unfortunately this stuff as ALL happened in the past at meets just like this one and in more organized and official meets. A few years ago our large annual meet was destroyed by people wigging out about tickets and getting shut down and all that. And that meet was legit. Had the proper permissions and the proper fees were paid. But it was cut in half because of people tripping out on things that were totally unnecessary and causing drama.

So I want it very clear that I'm not trying to stop this meet from happening or try to steer people away from it as it sucked when it happened to the organizers of the true big bay area meet. I don't want it to happen to them just like I don't want it to happen to me. Hell I got pissed off at a couple people that were drawing a VERY small number away from the meet. Talking 10-25 people. So imagine how pissed off I'd be at someone drawing away potentially hundreds. It's not fair.

So that is not my personal intention. I hope it goes off well and people have a great time. No one is disrespectful and everyone gets there and back safe. I really do.

All I was doing was throwing out some caution signs because it's pretty clear to me that this person isn't doing ANYTHING by the books and has no permissions what so ever. The clerk said it was cool is not permission. Who says THAT clerk is going to be working there on the day of the event. Does that clerk own the lot? Does that clerk value their job? Does that clerk understand that this meet is being promoted as HUGE and could potentially fill the lot?

I'll tell you from experience... even with permits people get pissed when you fill the lot...

SO just saying.... be careful. That's as much a warning to the promoter as the attendees. Tickets we all risk every day so that's besides the point.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:05 AM

Car Info: 2011 Sti SWP
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I have a couple questions... how old are you and how long have you been in the game? I'm serious. You are smashing people that are doing nothing but trying to alert people to potential problems and risks. NO ONE is saying don't go. In fact most are saying go have fun and tell us about it. I hope it works out. I would never wish tickets are impound on a fellow forum member.... well there are a few. LOL!

Unfortunately this stuff as ALL happened in the past at meets just like this one and in more organized and official meets. A few years ago our large annual meet was destroyed by people wigging out about tickets and getting shut down and all that. And that meet was legit. Had the proper permissions and the proper fees were paid. But it was cut in half because of people tripping out on things that were totally unnecessary and causing drama.

So I want it very clear that I'm not trying to stop this meet from happening or try to steer people away from it as it sucked when it happened to the organizers of the true big bay area meet. I don't want it to happen to them just like I don't want it to happen to me. Hell I got pissed off at a couple people that were drawing a VERY small number away from the meet. Talking 10-25 people. So imagine how pissed off I'd be at someone drawing away potentially hundreds. It's not fair.

So that is not my personal intention. I hope it goes off well and people have a great time. No one is disrespectful and everyone gets there and back safe. I really do.

All I was doing was throwing out some caution signs because it's pretty clear to me that this person isn't doing ANYTHING by the books and has no permissions what so ever. The clerk said it was cool is not permission. Who says THAT clerk is going to be working there on the day of the event. Does that clerk own the lot? Does that clerk value their job? Does that clerk understand that this meet is being promoted as HUGE and could potentially fill the lot?

I'll tell you from experience... even with permits people get pissed when you fill the lot...

SO just saying.... be careful. That's as much a warning to the promoter as the attendees. Tickets we all risk every day so that's besides the point.
Well said..and thank you for the heads up. cant wait to see how this "event" turns out.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:01 AM
VIP Member

i heard that the SENIOR OPERATIONS MANAGER at Impark is currently contacting Jacky Ko, the organizer, to let him know that this is considered an "event" which means $$$, permits, etc.

he will most likely be changing the location yet again unless he wants to fork out money for event costs

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
OneManArmy

I dont want to copy your whole post to say that it was well worded. I am eager to see how this one turns out, and if all goes well maybe I will make it out to the next one.
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Yea, what do you think will make the owner more money. People coming in and out of that lot paying all day. Or a bunch of people coming in and not leaving until later and occupying all the spots. And a large gathering of cars, especially modified cars, will deter anyone else from wanting to park in that lot (assuming it's not full) because of the negative connotation we've gotten in the media and movies. This owner might find out and might get pissed. We're just trying to alert you to the potential pit falls.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:03 AM
VIP Member

exactly. it's private property where cops won't come unless property owner calls. Property owner probably has better things to do to be chillin at the lot.
management, how does it work?
Old 12-28-2012, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy

just hit my quarter century mark last weekend. and yes that's what i've been trying to say. people trying to sway ppl into not going need to keep alot of their assumptions to themselves. it feels like "just because it happened at this meet that the same thing will happen here" is constantly being used. Tbh I don't care if this meet goes down cause i'm only down for a maybe but i hate to see a potential meet get ruined because "this happened there so it will happen here" crap. it's cool to give your experiences and that's it. no need to assume the same **** will happen without letting possible attendees find out for us (not telling u to be a scapegoat cause u can still SEE **** happen and not get caught in it) by steering them to the "change their mind cause hella ppl said this".

but yea hoping it goes well just cause i havn't been to or seen much sucessful big meets go down in the bay anymore and with the scene kinda dying out and all.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:39 AM
VIP Member

just hit my quarter century mark last weekend. and yes that's what i've been trying to say. people trying to sway ppl into not going need to keep alot of their assumptions to themselves. it feels like "just because it happened at this meet that the same thing will happen here" is constantly being used. Tbh I don't care if this meet goes down cause i'm only down for a maybe but i hate to see a potential meet get ruined because "this happened there so it will happen here" crap. it's cool to give your experiences and that's it. no need to assume the same **** will happen without letting possible attendees find out for us (not telling u to be a scapegoat cause u can still SEE **** happen and not get caught in it) by steering them to the "change their mind cause hella ppl said this".

but yea hoping it goes well just cause i havn't been to or seen much sucessful big meets go down in the bay anymore and with the scene kinda dying out and all.

Quality events happen when organizers do things properly, which includes and not limited to getting permission from the location to which you'll be having it at.

And it's been mentioned a few times before about the good some of us are doing by putting out the information we've given thus far.

If you don't like it, don't read it and by all means ignore it.

I've also stated that I would like to go to big meets as well, and i've told you guys by all means, feel free to go.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:40 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
i havn't been to or seen much sucessful big meets go down in the bay anymore
We (i-club) have put on a pretty big meet every year for the past 12 years. So far 4 different people have tried their hand at organizing it. I organized it in '08, Ray (OneManArmy) organized it in '12.

We might know what we're talking about.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:42 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
We (i-club) have put on a pretty big meet every year for the past 12 years. So far 4 different people have tried their hand at organizing it. I organized it in '08, Ray (OneManArmy) organized it in '12.

We might know what we're talking about.
Word.... I hope you were catching what I was putting down in regards to your situation.

Quick Reply: Biggest Bay Area EVO/STI MEET