Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Max Xevious
I was going to go until I saw the rule that they will not allow rev battles
Pssht. I pown you anyways.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:09 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by seckSti
well just keep those opinions to yourself. keep scaring ppl and no one will end up showing and ruin it for ppl actually looking forward to it. if u are afraid of the cops for whatever reason, just don't go. it's that simple. i am not afraid of any cops barricading anything if that happens then o well just leave. what else can they do try and give me a ticket?

Sent from my i4s using i-Club
Originally Posted by w0ng3r
Some people just feel the need to rain on other people's parades, they don't always have better things to do XD
cool. next time i'll just let my fellow subaru mates get their cars impounded instead of providing them with quality information

I was there for the stoneridge meet not long ago, i took those pictures of the barricades being brought in, i watched tow trucks and the cops do their thing

so if you don't like my warning, either ignore it or kiss my butt
Old 12-26-2012, 12:11 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Max Xevious
I was going to go until I saw the rule that they will not allow rev battles
we can still battle

Old 12-26-2012, 12:12 PM

Car Info: Miata and dirtbikes
Lol how many cars got towed?
Old 12-26-2012, 12:13 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bkblitzed
Lol how many cars got towed?
all the groups got split into a million different places
it was total chaos. people would drive to another city, cops would arrive quick and make them leave. tons of tickets were handed out. people posted their tickets on the facebook event page too

lots of pissed off people driving from hella far away for nothing. gas wasted, etc.

people think they can just drop a location for hella cars to show up at and not give a **** about what happens.

i mean feel free for anybody here to go to the meet, but then don't come whining back on the forums when you are a victim
Old 12-26-2012, 12:20 PM

Car Info: 2015 FXT Stage II
Peeps watch too much fast and the furious lol. The stoneridge meets have been fine all the past years except this last one.

In all fairness thanks for letting us know about the info guys. I'm sure the guys going will have a great time and I'm sure the guys not going will have fun hearing about it. Either way hope to see some of you guys there if not I understand. People scare easy. The chances of cops actually towing people is very slim. If anything they'll just ask people to leave. Srsly.

Last edited by PROcede; 12-26-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:21 PM
General Pimpin'

ug...
Old 12-26-2012, 12:30 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by PROcede
Peeps watch too much fast and the furious lol. The stone ridge meets have been fine all the past years except this last one.
Or we've just been around.

Meets are fine but we've had problems with them over the years from time to time. UCKK used to get huge but we had some issues there for a while. Most of these other established meets are set up at places that are cool with it and/or appreciate it. I.e. we give them money. Like the Wed night statue meet... we frequent 2 different places there and they appreciate the business. It's not too big and people don't do stupid isht. Even the cops don't mind.

You start pumping numbers up and you start running in to trouble. Or you do it at places that don't want it or want to get paid for it and you have trouble.

You saw we got kicked out of one place for that photo trip we were on and are very lucky we didn't get kicked out of the second one. And that was what... 10 cars?

When you start talking 30/40/100 cars... NO ONE is going to be cool with that for long. No one. Unless it's set up with all businesses and or paid for as a special event.

And I don't think people are trying to be dicks. What happened here is some chick none of us know put up a very simple thread. WITH NO POST HISTORY. And a Facebook. No information. No permits. Trying to put on the "biggest" meet around. That is NOT a good idea. The folks in here are trying to do her a favor and the attendees a favor. No one is trying to be dicks. IMHO being a dick would be saying nothing and watching people fall into a situation that's gone badly in the past.

Places like Treasure Island and the lot in S.F. are high profile places. Pay lots expect to get paid and have policies for no loitering. T island charges a LOAD and gone are the days where you could just show up and take over. Way too many folks have done that over the years.

Any joe blow can go blast forums and put on a car meet like this but by doing it this way there is zero accountability. So who gets hurt if people start acting a fool and someone gets killed or hurt... the facility. Who gets the tickets? Who gets their car impounded? Who gets hassled and wastes gas if they show up and it's shut down? Exactly... the "organizer" can fade into the sunset with a failed meet and no one is the wiser.

No one is telling you not to go. It could turn out to be an amazing time. What people are doing is educating you and the "organizer" on the hazards of doing things this way.

But what do I know....
Old 12-26-2012, 12:44 PM
VIP Member

^well put

lots of us have been around. so the experience speaks loudly.

anybody remember that free food meet in the summer at Martin Luther King regional shoreline? the expected amount of cars became too much. I was there early and the organizers were incredibly nice, they brought tons of free foods, bbq'd, etc. but with the mass amount of cars, it red flags things to cops.
the park rangers came, started giving out tickets and checking registrations on cars. lots of people, including a few here in iclub got tickets from the cops.
i left early, and at that time they started a barricade of cop cars to stop people from entering the location.

there is just an inherent problem with posting a location and inviting far too many cars with no permission or permits for such an event.

by all means, feel free to go. cause i'm just like you guys, i WANT to go to cool big meets, chill, have a good time. but it seems these ad-hoc meets where they invite hundreds of cars are too much hassle.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:58 PM

So who's thinking of going?

I know at least 4 or 5 people not on i-club going and it seems like TONS of Evo's are RSVP'd on the Facebook.
It's $3 an hour at the AT&T Park Lot A incase anyone didn't catch it on FB.

Last edited by PROcede; 12-26-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:03 PM

Car Info: 2011 Sti SWP
i plan on going if it doesnt rain
Old 12-26-2012, 01:06 PM

Car Info: 07 STi, 1995 Outback
So who's thinking of going?

I know at least 4 or 5 people not on i-club going and it seems like TONS of Evo's are RSVP'd on the Facebook.
Lets do this
Old 12-26-2012, 01:32 PM

Car Info: 06 WRX LTD 4eat
just a lesson I learned from when I tried to host a meet in sf was unless you get permits your screwed. I put one together posted it and within a week I got two emails one from treasure island director and the city of sf. Both said that if I refused to get permits that I would be fined for hosting it and that sfpd.would enforce all vehicle laws to anyone who attended. This applied to not only the island but the whole city. These guys made an account on the club to message me, that's how crazy it was. And when I didn't remove the posting for the meet in time they contacted the moderators. So just a heads up from someone who's been though it already with this city.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by wrxchase
just a lesson I learned from when I tried to host a meet in sf was unless you get permits your screwed. I put one together posted it and within a week I got two emails one from treasure island director and the city of sf. Both said that if I refused to get permits that I would be fined for hosting it and that sfpd.would enforce all vehicle laws to anyone who attended. This applied to not only the island but the whole city. These guys made an account on the club to message me, that's how crazy it was. And when I didn't remove the posting for the meet in time they contacted the moderators. So just a heads up from someone who's been though it already with this city.
This being the case I think the coordinator talked with the lot owner and he okayed it within HIS lot plus we are paying.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:54 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
This being the case I think the coordinator talked with the lot owner and he okayed it within HIS lot plus we are paying.
Now where's the proof, then all of us would be fine with it.

Quick Reply: Biggest Bay Area EVO/STI MEET